Question about probably cause with grow tent

Discussion in 'Security' started by Keets, Dec 8, 2015.

1. #1 Keets, Dec 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2015
    So I just got a new furnace installed in my house and the fire dept and whatnot have to come inspect it. In the room is my grow tent with ducts and fans and all that jazz. Is that probably cause for them to get the cops involved? They're still in early seedling stage (just poked their heads out) so I'm thinking about moving them upstairs somewhere and just leaving the tent open so they have to reason to suspect anything. Any suggestions ?

Edit : Ugh obviously I meant probable cause. Stupid auto correct.

2. they get search warrants for just having your care near a hyrdo shop in some cities...people have had raids just for buying fertilizer...so a 'city employee' spotting a grow tent in your home during an inspection is more than enough to have some corrupt coppers show up.

3. I have 2 pots that have dirt and everything in them but haven't sprouted. What if I were to leave those in there and just saying they're pepper plants? I can take the carbon filter and exhaust out since they're not needed at this stage of my grow. So I'd just have the air intake, light, and small fans inside. Wouldn't that be the same set up one would use to grow peppers?

4. I would think to be safe just shut it down until the inspection is over. Better safe than sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. if you're going to take the seedlings upstairs, might as well take the tent too. better safe than sorry. plus, no extra paranoia for you wondering if they(fire dept) would go to the police with suspicions of you growing.

• Like Like x 1
  6. They will most definitely be nosey enough to wonder.... If not, ask, hey what is that? Just for curiosity purposes... They will probably be looking at the venting from the furnace to. I'd probably take it down just to be on the safe side.

7. I don't know why you guys are replying to this thread, when it's over a year old.

• Like Like x 1
  8. thanks for pointing that out. I guess being new and doing a search, I didn't realize how old the post was. But thanks for pointing it out

9. Lol. Never even noticed that.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. What are you doing.

11. Just chillin'.

• Like Like x 1