Does God love everybody?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by mmman, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Rom 9: 8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

2. Where is any evidence that God loves the jews? Please supply. He has an election of grace which include some from the nation of jews, but not all.

3. #43 Twistedd, Dec 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2015
    We're the Chosen People bruv. Do you even Torah? Rosh Hashanah, my goyim friend.

4. op.. was it really necessary to start all these threads when you can cover it on one?

5. It's funny but when I hear doubt of a higher power I can't help to think of a line from the movie Bruce almighty. When everything goes wrong Bruce asks Morgan Freeman(god) '' how do you get a person to love you without affecting free will'' and god(Morgan) replies '' if you figure that one out, you let me know''

6. Wasn't the character Jesus (portrayed in the Gospels) a Jew?

7. Certainly, what's your point?

8. I suppose my ADHD didn't allow for that, sorry. My wife is always chiding me for it. Best woman I've even met in my life though.

9. The point is that you are a complete and utter moron when it comes to the interpretation of biblical scripture...

10. Please don't be such a gooberhead, and please don't engage your gobberlips my friend.

11. yes-Mark 12:31

New International Version bible
    The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these."

12. 🐃

Attached Files:

13. One of the most misunderstood and abused issues in the Bible by modern-day religion is Godly, Christian love. Most today have come to equate Christian love with speaking peace to sinners even if there is no peace based on a common belief in God's standard revealed in His Gospel. Love to them is a matter of forgetting (or at least minimizing) doctrinal differences, even (if not especially) Gospel differences, and uniting in the name of love. They view any who will not do this as harsh and mean. This attitude, however, is opposed to the Scriptures and opposed to true Godly love which springs from saving faith. True Godly love comes from God and is communicated to sinners by the Holy Spirit in conversion as He brings them to see His love for them in providing salvation based on the merits of the obedience and death of Christ. This is where sinners learn in the Gospel that God's love toward them is not conditioned on their love to Him. His love to them is the cause and motivation of their love to Him (1 John 4:9-10). A right understanding of this Godly love is essential if we are to practice it in any degree.

The Lord Christ said the greatest commandment is "thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these” (Mark 12:30-31). He also stated that one of the main marks of His followers is that they love one another (John 13:34-35). The apostle John wrote, "We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death” (1 John 3:14). The Bible tells us that this love, like all spiritual graces, is the gift of God and the operation of the Holy Spirit (Rom. 5:5). This gives us insight into the issue of true Godly, Christian love. If this love is the gift of God and the operation of the Holy Spirit, and if this love is that which distinguishes true Christians from the world and is essential in the expression of true Christian faith, then this love is exclusive to Christians. No unbeliever has this love in any degree. Unbelievers love a god, an idol who is merely a god of their own imaginations. This is only self-love as this imaginary god is in reality an extension of themselves -- "thou
    thoughtest that I was altogether such an one as thyself” (Psa. 50:21). True Godly love springs from justifying, saving faith. It is found only in those who fear God and believe the Gospel. Godly fear is a reverence and respect for the honor of God's redemptive glory revealed in His purpose to save sinners and entitle them to all of salvation based on the righteousness of the Lord Jesus Christ (2 Cor. 4:6). Where this Godly fear is absent, there can be no Godly, Christian love. This love is shed
    abroad by the Holy Spirit in a sinner's heart whenever he sees and believes how God's love has provided for him completely in the Person and work of Christ what God's holiness and justice demands. This love comes from knowing and believing that God is fully reconciled to sinners based on the righteousness of Christ. Again, no sinner has this Godly love until he hears and believes God's Gospel -- God's promise to save sinners, freely give them all of salvation (including the work of the Holy Spirit in them), and entitle them to all of heaven based solely on the righteousness and holiness of Christ freely imputed, and the non-imputation of sins, and received by God-given faith.

True Godly, Christian love will align with and support brethren in Christ. The apostle John wrote, "Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you. We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death” (1 John 3:13-14). True Christians are those who have been born again, brought to faith in Christ and repentance from dead works. Therefore, we love the brethren and will not speak peace to the world. Where this love is absent,
    there has been no passing from death unto life. It is evident who the objects of this particular love are -- true Christians whom the world hates! This is true love and loyalty to the brethren, fellow believers. It flows from justifying faith, and, therefore, is the mark of our possessing new life. This love demands that we promote and defend each and every one of God's true preachers along with all those who are true Christians. This brotherly love forbids us to defend or promote false Christians, especially false preachers who come in the name of Christ (1 John 4:1; 2 John 9-11).

Anyone who claims to have this love and yet will not take sides with God's people against the world, who will speak peace apart from the only ground of peace, does not have this love. They actually hate the people of God because they would collaborate with the enemies of God and of His people! Such false Christians prefer their own honor and esteem above the souls of men. They are beneath contempt. They, without realizing it, forfeit their own lives and would promote the eternal destruction of the lives of others in order to gain the honor and approval of the world, and they do this by speaking peace and
    refusing to say that the world's deeds are evil. Those who do not love enough to speak the truth when it concerns the souls of men certainly do not love their neighbor as themselves. Satan, along with the natural heart, is so deceiving in this area.

True Godly love also motivates believers to help and support their brethren who are in need physically and materially. The apostle John wrote, "Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down
    our lives for the brethren. But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him? My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth” (1 John 3:16-18). This would cover anything from self-sacrifice to simply giving a brother a drink of water (Matt. 10:40-42; 25:35-40). This is true Godly love that shows our care and concern for our brethren by even the simplest acts of kindness and compassion. This love motivates us to try to treat people, especially our brethren in the faith, the way we want to
    be treated. It causes us to be ashamed of ourselves when we fail in these areas.

14. Save yourself and learn of other religions so you can strengthen your faith OR find one more suited to you. Win win isn't it to have an open mind ;)

15. Thanks, but no thanks, have a great day.

16. May I ask why not?

17. In the nutshell: 1) I presuppose that the gospel is God"s absolute and
    unconditional promise to freely entitle guilty, defiled, ungodly,
    sinners to all of eternal salvation, including all the work of
    the Holy Spirit in them (faith, repentance, perseverance, & preservation),
    before they begin to serve the Lord, based on the righteousness and holiness of
    the Lord Jesus Christ freely imputed, along with the non-imputation of sin, and
    received by God-given faith; 2) I presuppose that every regenerate person
    believes the gospel of salvation conditioned on Christ alone 3) I presuppose
    that every verse or passage in the Bible must be read
    and understood in light of this gospel as governing all interpretations and
    applications: thus a) honoring God"s redemptive character, exalting Christ"s
    mediatorial glory, and c) removing all grounds of boasting in sinners, relative
    to our orthodoxy, while d) avoiding legalism and mercenary motives, relative to
    our orthopraxy; 4) I presuppose that the only standard of judging saved and
    lost is strictly based on whether or not one believes the gospel and
    evidences saving faith by godly repentance from former idolatry (i.e.,
    renounces the "god” or "christ” one worshipped and served before he or she
    heard, understood, and believed this gospel) and dead works (i.e., renounces as
    "dung” all religion and morality performed before he or she heard, understood,
    and believed this gospel, all of which activities were intractably aimed at
    either attaining or maintaining some part of salvation); 5) I presuppose the
    ontological impossibility that any regenerate person can believe that salvation
    is to any degree, at any stage, at any time, conditioned on the sinner by
    whatever means, aid, or agency and under whatever pretense, or that any
    regenerate person can either promote any doctrine that openly denies this
    gospel, continue to promote willfully and with knowledge any doctrine that
    implicitly denies this gospel, or "speak peace” to (regard or treat one as
    truly saved) anybody else who does.

I presuppose all these to be basic Christianity and as my minimum core truths
    that, I am convinced, form a logically indissoluble, exegetically irrefutable,
    coherent unit, and that 1) most shape my ongoing preunderstandings; 2) most
    inform my interpretations of Scripture; 3) most influence the content of my
    preaching; and 4) most dictate the direction of my life and ministry.

18. This thread is still going on?
    [​IMG]

19. the real god the source the infinite loves everyone unconditionally no matter what you do, no matter what you have done.