Getting racecar fever

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by InfinitiG35, Dec 7, 2015.

1. I have a 04 g35 3.5 280hp v6, sadly its a 5at but from what I read they are really good transmissions, anyways to cut to the chase it's winter time and I'm getting racecar fever.
    I currently am on the prowl for
    Pop charger/z tube
    Catback exhaust with high flow cats
    And a Osiris dyno tune to get every little hp/tq I can squeeze out of it.

Also looking to get a set of tein h-tech/tokico blue with a set of xxr 521 19x10 front and 19x11 rear.

Hoping for this outcome.
    And the other picture is my car as it sits

Attached Files:

2. It will look good but being auto can't have too much fun tho...not to say it's not capable.

3. You are correct sir, idc about drifting or anything I just want a street slammer.
    Get a stall and upgrade the valve body she would definitely do the job

4. And a vortech v3 supercharger along with that or tt.

5. G cars are pretty heavy... buy a running Miata and build a track rat with 245 size tires on the front.

6. Lol fuck a miata, I'm 6'4" and let me tell ya there's no way in hell I'm ever driving a miata again lol.

And I'm not really going to do much, I can gain 40whp with a plenum spacer, intake, exhaust, and a tune.

7. word. i knew a guy in high school had a 1st year g coupe and his parents let him tt it and within a few months the auto was slipping.

8. Yea man fuck that, If I were to ever do something like that and spend almost 10k on a greddy tt kit you bet your ass it'll have an ats trans built for abuse.

9. Manual swap can't be that hard if you do plan on building it bigtime ..a lot of wrecked ones in the junk yards plus 350z is probably same trans.

10. It's a pretty tough job on these cars, if really wanted To i could just sell it and pay the 1700 I owe on it and buy a 350z but my cars been reliable for 3 years now so I don't want ticket it go yet.

11. I'd just make it a nice looking quick cruiser then...they look so good slammed with some nice wheels and are super comfy as you obviously know :p

I like the look of the g35s more than the z's for sure too

12. Yes same here I love the z but it's not practical for me, I like having buddies "ride along" and can't have that with only 2 seats haha.
    I just ordered my pop charger and k&n drop in filter, can't wait till it gets here.
    But yea I'm just going to do basic bolt ons with s plenum spacer and get a tune. And if that doesnt bump me up atleast 20hp I'll sell it lol.

13. Fuck 350z's are pretty cheap and look sexy af

14. You can probably squeeze 20-30hp with tune/exhaust/intake as you said. When was your last tune up? That alone will change how your car responds (not crazy) but you can tell after fresh plugs/coils/etc

15. Oops. Well that is my 99 Olds Aurora. Im currently fixing it, it has a head gasket problem and it has been a fight and still going.

Sent from my XT1080 using Grasscity Forum mobile app