Winter Time Toking

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by chancethestoner, Dec 7, 2015.

1. I hate smoking in the winter it's really depressing and doesn't stress enough on doing cool shit. Just playing video games or some thing in which I don't need to smoke to enjoy. So should I just wait till like spring to smoke cause chilling in the basement baked with ur homies doesn't beat a fresh joint by the lake during the summer ya feel. What's to do during the winter man?

2. #2 Buffalo Beano, Dec 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2015
    Hiking, cross country skiing, snow shoeing, tubing, skiing, snowboarding, snow mobiles. What's not to like about the winter?

Edit: just wanted to add ice fishing, ice skating, building snow men, building igloos.

Another edit: i wanted to add, and this should be a given, smoke cannabis.

3. i feel you. it does seem a lot more boring smoking during the winter but fuck i cant wait to go snowmobiling. always fun smoking and snowmobiling

4. I feel you op, winter kinda sucks in places where it's cold af but doesn't snow.

5. I get what your saying but at the same time I love nothing more than heading out towards ya ha tinda and having a good fire with some great smoke. It may be cold out but nothing beats having zero cell service and the crackle of a fire! First pic was taken a few days ago and the other is what the spot looks like without the snow!

Attached Files:

6. #6 skateee, Jan 2, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2016
    I agree, winter in general makes me feel "down". It's probably because there's very little to do outside and so we don't get proper vitamin D. I actually smoke a lot more in the winter. Gives me ideas of things to do lol

& those are some beautiful pictures jmiko!

7. #7 empress of the fern people, Jan 19, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2016
    I like to go camping in the woods with my friends in winter. We string up a big tarp over us (live in the uk so it rains often in winter) and then set up a tent and light a nice campfire. we huddle round it covered in lots of duvets and stuff, and roast marshmallows on the fire and eat lots of munchies and just get high in general and chat and laugh. Although it can get cold, like -2c or so, the fire and the duvets and body warmth keeps us warm, even if its snowing or raining [​IMG] a lot of the time we end up just like all hugging together and falling asleep lol. Its awesome. Just one bit of advice, make sure you know where you are going and your way around the wood lol, Once me and my friend went wandering off to meet some other people who were joining us, we were too high to find our way around properly so we ended up running around screaming and eating Doritos like a bunch of idiots, we got completely lost, it was terrifying and so dark xD thankfully the people we were meeting found us.

Attached Files:

8. It's your life so do what you want when you want. Don't smoke just because your homies do and just to kill time. There are plenty of outdoor winter activities too bro, tubing, skiing, snowball fights, ice fishing, sledding, hunting, he'll a brisk walk through the wilderness is awesome. Just depends on you energy level and interests. Get creative man and again follow your heart not the end of blunt. Not telling you to not smoke just giving good advice that will lead you into nature and the great outdoors. I know it's cold and boring in the wintertime but weed probably isn't making you depressed, its a proven fact that the cold and bleak grey skies does depress the majority of people even me too bro. Just gotta pony up and make yourself get out of the house or cabin fever sets in. Good luck man.

Sent from my HTC Desire 816 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Actually there's plenty to do outdoors in the wintertime. Studies have shown depression because of the bleak grey skies and if you get just 20 minutes of sunlight a day no matter the season-your body will process vitamin D synthesis. Just sayin. People don't get out of their homes enough any more and that will depress you more along with the dull light in the sky. Get out more, live more! Smoking is NOT the problem w/depression unless you have a chemical imbalance or genetic mental defect. Cabin Fever sucks, I know but people tend to dwell on the negative more than being objective. Cheer up skateee,

Right on

10. Spot on empress! I've been trying to tell these cooped up cabin fever types to get back to nature. Yeah it's cold, that's winter for ya but all can be overcome w/good friends, Mary Jane and the great outdoors!!! Thanks for your sensible positivity!!!

11. People just don't get out of their homes enough and understand that Mother Nature will heal the soul! Kudos

12. Where I'm from it's way too cold to go outside during the winter. Below freezing and heavy winds, hell even with a few coats on you still get the chills. It's hard to get vitamin D when there's no skin showing from all the coats/hats/ski masks, but perhaps just standing by a window for a bit each day would allow your body to produce it. But campfires and hikes are some great ideas! Nothing beats a nice campfire sesh

13. #13 SlamDaddy, Jan 22, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2016

I made a super-shelter in the woods on January 3rd. I stacked up a good supply of firewood to get us through the night. Sometime during the night, we heard the scream of a rabbit dying. A few seconds later we heard an owl hooting. That was amazing! I'd like to believe that the owl was giving a victory call over being able to survive for a few more days.
    View attachment 163538

The outside temperature that night got down to 6 degrees F. The temperature inside my shelter was a balmy 72.
    Edit: photo of shelter and girlfriend attached

14. Good thing I just smoke in my living room ;)

15. It is indeed a fact that if you get 20 minutes of sunlight a day your vitamin D synthesis will happen. More is recommended but 20 mins for the minimum.