got caught smoking around camous, first offense

Discussion in 'General' started by blazeguji, Dec 5, 2015.

1. alright so me and a couple of my friends were smoking under this bridge near the railroad tracks and we get busted by some campus cops. we didnt have any on us because we were done and had thrown it out but they believed we did. we all stuck to the story that we were already high and we were just hanging out there even though we knew it was tresspassing. they searched us down and didnt find anything and said they were just going to charge us with improper behavior and we would have to face some council and retell our story separately. my question is what do we do? im a first time offender and i dont know how harsh they will be towards us. should i get a lawyer even tho i cant afford one or just deal with it . will they charge me anything or just give me a warning and some community service?

2. Sounds like as long as you and your buddies keep your story straight your peachy. At worst probably a misdemeanor trespassing or loitering charge. Nothing that will actually effect you.

3. that sucks, some douchebag cops eh

4. the weird thing is they read us our rights but ended up letting us go

5. LOL there campus cops, woulda blown the smoke in their face.

As long as your group sticks with one story, nothing too serious as royal vengeance said.

6. #6 sourkush420, Dec 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2015
    Unless they wanna be real dicks about it and drag it on and on you'll be all good

7. That isn't weird at all to anyone with a clue about procedure.

You were briefly detained on a matter that is the subject of a potential future proceeding. Whether it is before a court or not remains to be seen...if it is simply before a campus council, then academic probation is very likely the worst that will occur here.
    Oh, and "campus cops" are generally commissioned peace officers just as any other LEO with a gun and a badge. Even if they act like a typical mall cop, they still have powers to arrest and submit charges to the prosecutor.

8. If all the evidence was gone you shouldn't have admitted to anything.

9. 🐃

Attached Files:

10. that's your story so stick to it [​IMG]