HPS vs High Powered LED on Canna nutes using Humboldts Secret product called Golden Tree instead of Boost and Rhizotonic.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Tiggersmokes, Dec 4, 2015.

1. TS, got any grows in with the white COB HeavenBright yet? Those V-Models are bad ass. You can switch out COBs with different K-temps right? Are those components that you would order from Jacob or something the customer does himself? Does that V-8 give off any spread to the sides or mainly below. 3000k, 3500k? Do the Mars lights stay stationary or do they switch to front n back every couple days? Any updates soon, with your observations of each side.

2. Will update over the weekend, some tonight, rest on Saturday or Sunday...yes, it is modular. And this journal is my first grow with the Heaven Bright led's. I actually have two of the 8 light setups (1100 watts each) and a 6 light unit (750 watts) one of the 8 light units runs 4100k and the other is actually a mix of I believe 3000k and 3500k. Will talk to Jacob to make sure. The 6 light unit is I believe 3000k as well. As far as changing out modular units, it's super simple, just one screw and two clips, one that runs the cob and one that runs the fan on top. Jacob would have new modular unit's available for the new style he's making now. I can get his contact info for you if you'd like. I have lenses for the lights as well, two kinds, ones a basic conical shaped plastic lense just to focus light straight down and also have silicone lenses that completely encase the led surface. Technology is a wonderful thing. You can touch the cob surface no problem, but back your hand away and I'm sure you'd get the equivalent of a sunburn. It is very intense light. I'll have another grow started soon with the other 1100 and 750 in a single tent together. Should be hella intensely lit up! I actually moved one of the Mars lights to better cover a corner/side. Jacob is a great guy who is all too willing to help out at any time too btw. Both rooms are still pretty close in overall growth, but I see more flowering sites on the led side...will post some new pics tonight. Week three ends on Sunday, and most of the strains are 8 to 10 weeks...lots and lots of time left, but looking good so far.

3. You definitely have to wear shades when working in both rooms. Without them, I get an almost instant small headache and can't see for a little while. Very akin to looking at the sun. Harder to look at the LED's than the hps too...

4. Some pics from today, day 19 of flower. Journal update tomorrow. LED side first, [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Tigger Smokes!

5. HPS side now...day 19 of flower. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Tigger Smokes!

6. #26 Hybridway, Dec 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2015
    Looking good! Next week the bulk will start setting in

7. Yup, can't wait...actually debating adding a little more supplemental light in both rooms.

Tigger Smokes!

8. Yrah, that's like a 6'x7' space for each side right? What's them LEDs, a V-4 & a V-8? X2, 600's. The 600's with the supplemental prob. Cover ok but the LEDs Kind've need to be broken into 4 to cover that area. If it was rectangular it would be fine. Tough call. I'd say leave it like that for all fairness to a watt for watt grow. X2 more RGB LEDs to take up the opposite sides would be nice & maybe elongating the 4' Floros to full grow length by adding one fixture of x2 bulb to each side. That would keep it even if say. That is if you have that stuff accessible? Either way, doing a great job. Yeah, I'll prob. Talk to Jacob soon.

9. Have lots of light I could add. Both rooms are at 1450 watts or super close to it. Gonna make some changes while keeping everything even wattage wise. May go up to 1800/1850 watts in both rooms.

Tigger Smokes!

10. Answer your questions shortly there Hy

Tigger Smokes!

11. Tents are 6.5 feet squared...(all sides are 6.5 feet)...have two V8's and a V6. The red led's are Mars Hydro 300 watt units that pull about 170 true watts. Thinking of just adding more t5 to the hps room, just 220 more watts in both rooms. I have two more two light bars I could stick in the hps room and two other 2 bulb t5 biax fixtures (220 watts) I could supplement just the corners in the led room. They are slightly larger than the Mars Hydro led's. Otherwise, I pull the red led's and stick my V6 light in with the V8 which takes me to 1850 watts. Have gobs of light available...thousand watters, more t5, older ufo led's...I even ran 2,000 watts of induction light for about a year or so... Tried it all except CMH and plasma...

Tigger Smokes!

12. Also, them damn carbon filters take up so much room in there. I'm designing an alternative to hanging the filters in the room now though. Will be pretty cool if it works. My math says it will, but other variables may change that. If my idea works, you'll see it on here. Sorry to be vague as I want to get it going before I show my idea.

Tigger Smokes!

13. And also, both rooms smell great!

Tigger Smokes!

14. Hey Jaymu, Tiggers over here repping the white Cobs. Glad to see you here. I stay in on AMARE grows. Always liked these HeavenBrights too. Nice comparison grow here. Tiggers keeping even wattage with a good spread. Should be interesting.

15. TiggerSmoke. I think you did a great job illuminating both tents & keeping them equal.

16. Merry Christmas Everybody!

Tigger Smokes!

17. You too! Our girls will grow big tonight, Christmas Full Moon! They love the Full moon, especially the rare ones. For real. Meet Christmas to all & to all a good night!

18. Back at it, sorry for the delays over Christmas. Both rooms still looking great. Feeding both rooms around 1250 ppms, temps sticking around 75 degrees +/- 5 degrees. Ph steady around 6 to 6.2, same on runoff. Had to thin some foliage in led room as it was a little denser foliage wise. And consequently moved plants under the trellis so some tops are just laying down at the moment in the pics. No definitive advantage either way. Have some larger buds in hps room, but only marginally at best. I'm happy so far with the results in 4 weeks of flower. Golden Tree is performing as well or better than Boost, I wanna say it's edging it out slightly. Just based on past grows and three years using Boost...can't wait now, another 5 to 6 weeks and I'm sure we'll have a clearcut winner. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] HPS side first. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Tigger Smokes!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Damnnnnnnn that's a purty canopy tigger! Subbed up man! Siked to see what those puppies can do!