CarPort Greenhouse

Discussion in 'Greenhouses' started by HittingMyRoor, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Hey blades, I've got a few questions about making a greenhouse from a car port. I was thinking of using just a regular plastic covered carport you might find at home depot or canadian tire. What sort of reinforcements should I be using to ensure the structure does not collapse in our Canadian winters? Would it be better to use metal or wood reinforcements? Also, what plastic should replace the pre-existing walls on the car port? Car ports are generally 12 feet wide, 20 feet long, and 6-10 feet high, just incase anyone was wondering. I will be holding down the poles with cinder blocks, we tend to get a few strong wind storms over the course of the summer, and I will definitely have some sort of ventilation, however, will I need both an exhaust and intake fan? Or would just one intake, or one exhaust be okay?

2. Carports were popular some years back, ,many of those growers I should think have relocated indoors,

more so with such weather around.. but not you..?

either way.. consider keeping a large net or some rope handy for those storms

many growers used to replace that car cover crap with standard 5mil plastic sheet

changed annually, which can be a hidden cost..?

as such a large inquisitive structure, can and does attract much attention

...and such a surprise to any inquisitive visitor..who may look inside ..? lol lol

good luck