What deficiency is this leaf?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by ghostrider55, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Hello. I'm running DWC and have been using AN GMB. PH perfect. With the big bud, voodoo juice, bud candy. I am 7 1/2 weeks into flower. I have 3x300 watt LEDs my temps stay below 80 and never under 65. Water temp is 70. I've been mixing the nutes exactly like the Advanced Nutrients calculator suggests. I've ordered some calmag thinking it may be my issue. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1449091881.640544.jpg

2. The PH is at 5.9!!

3. to me it looks very dark green and the leaf is clawing. That says too much nitrogen you have what's called nitrogen toxicity. As well with the claw look you may want to watch how hot they are getting.if its a wilting like claw could be onset of damping off or the fucked up root rot...take it step by step though all growers will tell you to use 1/4 strength nutes instead of what's on the bottle, and add more the more she grows. Allot of growers reccomend no nutes for the first 2 weeks or until the first set of true leafs have matured then start with 1/4 strength veg nutes and add more when feeding is next

4. So I should drain and go back 25% strength? I just did a water change a day ago. Could I drain and replace 25% strength without wasting to many nutes ?

5. How do i fix this problem? am i posting this in the correct spot?

6. You need to photograph the whole plant to determine a sound diagnosis. A single leaf doesn't show the whole story.

However, this very much looks like you are overdosing the plant. What is your EC/ppm?

If you are near the end of flowering then you may as well just give it empty water anyway.

A photo of the whole plant is needed though

7. #7 mr.florista, Dec 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2015
    You have nitrogen tox, drain and replace with 1/4 dose, watch for calcium deficiency with yellowing or spots. This is fixable. How old are your plants? Make sure pH is correct, it would not hurt to run pure water pHd for a few days, deficiency's take time to notice as well as resolve. Be patient!

8. #8 ghostrider55, Dec 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2015
    They are beginning 7th week of flowering. The LED lights i have prevent me from getting a good photo with my phone. I will have to borrow a camera with a good flash so i can turn lights off for a sec. anyway. I have been using AN Grow Micro Bloom PH perfect. I love it the PH stays at 5.8 give or take a point. I have been using the product exactly like the nutrient calculator suggest on their website. Obviously it was too much, but i have/had 4 5gal bucket with 4 plants. 2 were/still are. 1 was a retard from the beginning but left it for the hell of it. the 2nd was much better. I am also growing scrog and only thing i hate about scrog with DWC buckets, you cant look at the roots, but the little shitty one i was able to pick it up. it had some snotty shit on the roots, it had root rot, i cut it out and the second one out. left the too good ones. immediately sucked out all water and ran the water hose in top of net pots and sucked out the bottom. porbably like 50 gals of fresh water then sucked it all out. let the roots drips for lil bit while i mixed up 16 gals with 150 ml of bleach. added it a let it sit for 6 hours drained. added another 16 gals with bleach 150 ml and 2 ounces each of grow micro and bloom. no enhancers. I was using 8 ounces to 16 gals. That solution was in the buckets for 2 days. i should say ive see noticble pistil growth sterilizing the buckets. During those 2 days i brewed up some microbe tea. 2 gal rainwater, 1 scoop Great White, Handful of Ancient Forest. Bubbled for 2 days at 75Deg. After draining buckets with the sterile solution and dripping excess off. I added 16 gal of rainwater with the 2 gal tea. 2 oz. GMB, 1 oz. Bud Factor X, 1 oz. B52, 2 Oz. Voodoo Juice, 2 oz. Bud Candy..These are all 1/4 strenth of what ive been using except the voodoo and bud candy, those amount are 50%. This is what my nute solution is at the moment, im trying to keep water temp as cool as possible. Ive seen new growth with pistils so im assuming everything is going right. I havent brewed tea before or used it so i hope its going right. LOL

9. These were taken about 2 weeks ago. So, maybe i had a mixture of nute burn and beginning stages of brown algae??

Attached Files:

10. Im sorry this pic was a month ago. I have also raised my lights. Do you have an idea how far my leds needs to be above the canopy? I have 3 x 300 Watts. 2x Galaxy Hydros and 1 Platinum LED. I have at about 16 - 20 inches now.

11. Without a full colour photo, it's anyone's guess.

I like my LEDs at about 18" away for an even spread

12. I'm gonna get you a full colour photo!!!!!