At what point are words too horrible to be said to another person?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Sc0pe, Dec 2, 2015.

1. By this i dont mean when are words offensive to say to someone. I'm wondering when is the information too terrible to pass on to another person, like withholding to a child their parent was just eaten by a shark.
    But then i was thinking what about a complete stranger, you would probably tell them about the shark, yet is there something worse that could be said that should be kept from anyone?

Or do you think there is nothing off limits that can be said.

2. #3 LegsBrah, Dec 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2015
    [​IMG]

3. If you've gotta think about it that hard... let it pass.

4. Nothing is too harsh to be said...sugar coating things, even to children, is stupid, the world is what the world is and trying to make things seem nicer doesn't help

5. When you put an subjective emphasis on it. I've been called a nigger before and I honestly didn't care. Emotional detachment helps as well.

6. I think you just gotta go with the flow, see how you feel in each situation and be mindful of your intentions and how they affect others...

I don't mind little white lies, sugarcoating, lies of omission if they are done to protect people's feelings... this world has enough suffering, no need to add to it.

7. You have retarded tits.

8. I advocate truth.

9. Idk

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. "This is the word of my God"? [​IMG]

11. Never, if they deserve it, they deserve it

12. Hard to say. Like the official report on the Challenger disaster. It was released publicly but without fanfare because of what was in it. The common mythology was (and is) that the astronauts died instantly in the explosion. Makes everyone happy to think about. Reality was much different. The astronauts were in a protected area that survived the explosion and they died around 13-15 mins later. What happened during that time is in the report and is heartbreaking.

• Like Like x 1
  13. No, they died 2 min later when it hit the ground at speeds greater than 200mph which would cause 200g force crushing everything inside

Sent from my SM-G928V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. It wouldn't be horrible if you told somebody a shark ate their kid.

It would be horrible if that same shark that ate their kid was all like "Hey, i ate your kid."

15. Go read NASA's report, and 200mph does not cause 200g lol. And they hit the water. Their cabin capsule was recovered intact as was designed to happen.

16. You may also want to read about the NASA engineers who warned the shuttle would blow and not to launch because of cold temps and shrinking o rings near the fuel tanks. This was a political launch move that ended up bloody in the end.