How do you keep YOUR piece clean?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by andrewpenny506, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Couple drops of Dawn dish washing soap for those hard to clean percs and any tough resin. Works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. No, after i finish a bowl. Then i alternate pieces.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I clean my glass just about every other day (including the glass screen).

I change the water in my little bubbler after every bowl. It's amazing how bad the water can smell after just one bowl.

I just like it fresh.

To clean, I just use iso90, hot water, and traditional pipe cleaners, and one of my pieces requires a qtip or two.

4. I use fingernail polish remover and qtips. Then a good rinse with water.

5. All the power to the guys cleaning your bong everyday. Absolutely nothing obsessive about wanting to taste your ganja without nasty bong flavour. Honestly, I may only clean my bong once every season. I'll get tired of seeing how dirty I've let it get. I'll buy the highest percentage isopropyl alcohol I can find and swish it around with salt. I'll stuff the sleeve of an old shirt or rag into the holes to prevent spillage. I have an array of cleaning tools that range from clothes hangers, kabob skewers, and a dental explorer. I've tapped cotton balls onto the end of hanger wire to scrape the difficult to reach places in my piece.

6. i generally don't clean my bongs too often. I think it's how I hit and or how light I hit. that my pieces don't get dirty all that fast.

Roughly about a month to a month and a half between cleanings.

If there is hard water stains I soak in vinegar first to prevent the resin glaze. Then I do the hot water run for 5-10 mins. Pour out then shake out the water. Then in with the ISO and salt. And shake. let the bong soak in ISO over night

For my downstem I do the hot water run, then put into vinegar if need be then into ISO and salt. I find the orange caped Gatorade bottles to work best for downstem. Not too deep nor to shallow.

AC is my trash receptical and I just run hot water through it. And ISO/salt clean it every to every every other bong cleaning. Since I'm not always using it

7. I hate looking at a nasty piece your smoking out of can't stand looking at dirty shit

8. For a straight tube or a beaker cheep white shaving cream works great

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. I refuse to smoke out of dirty pieces, usually clean my piece once or twice a week. Generally only take a few snaps out of them a night so they don't get dirty very quick.

Warm water, iso and coarse salt is my go to method. Might grab some rezblock...is that stuff worth it?

10. I used to use Formula 420, then rinse it out with hot water and towel dry the outside and inside the best I could. Now I do the same thing just with salt and iso. The hot water dissolves the salt usually on the first try so you don't have to struggle to get it out. The towel drying I find gets rid of any residue from the salt + water, and leaves your glass looking pretty much brand new.

11. Straight tubes and flower pieces get the rinse down after a day, and I usually clean bowls after every 2-3 packs as long as I keep the screen pretty and ash free. Always use iso, and formula 420 with cotton balls in the tube. I just let claim build up in all my rigs because I think it's fun to just see all of it build up. Then smoke soap and iso to clean off reclaim. I live by rezblock concentrate

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

12. Ya got desperiate tonight when cleaning my other bong up.

The dreaded ring of resin just wouldn't go away. So I got a screw pulled q-tip fluff over it and in it went. And ripped apart one of my rc's motors for its neodium core. All went well.

Just have to come up with a better solution for my Daily driver. Since the resin isn't coming off anymore. Just sitting there moking me. In its rings and cloudiness

13. Stopped by my lhs. And picked up the origional buddy Magnetic scrubber For $10 bucks.

Finally no more resin rings or cloudiness.

14. some good advice in here.
    I use grunge off, from amazon. Love prime!

Soak overnight, shake next day and pour back in bottle. I could go months on a single bottle. But I haven't smoked flower in a while. Not much resin from dabs. Hot water will do for rigs.

15. I actually taught a cleaning course at a Tech College, best cleaning product for glass (and resins) is alcohol.
    The higher the percentage of alcohol, the purer it is (less other ingredients, less residue).
    When people discuss using "Simple Green" or other commercial products I have to wonder what residuals are left in their piece and are they inhaling these residuals?

Alcohol (for the clean freaks) also drys spot free.
    The one item I've seen missing in this discussion is microfiber cloth, if you wipe your piece down after an alcohol cleaning with a microfiber cloth it should glisten (absolutely spot free).

This is what works for me but I only use my piece as a bubbler on my vape or for dabs, so I'm not getting typical bong grunge.
    I'm guessing people are using salt as an abrasive to cut through the bong grunge, that should leave only a minimal residue and a health neutral one at that.

16. This may sound crazy but I always get a 2 litre bottle of Coca Cola and let it sit in bong over night and when I rinse it out in the morning with warm water the piece sparkles. It's cheaper than cleaners and it doesn't leave any cloudiness on the glass. Cheers

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. I clean my piece once a week. It's a big tallboy bong so the blight doesn't spread too far. I use methylated spirits and sugar to completely reset the piece

18. 91% Iso + Large grain Epsom salt
    Carbon filter