How do you keep YOUR piece clean?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by andrewpenny506, Dec 1, 2015.

1. salt and rubbing alchol.

if you want it brand new just use some spiritus

2. #22 FoggyHaze, Jan 24, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2016
    I used to use the ol salt and alcohol method but I invested in a crate of 420 Cleaner a while back and it works like a charm. I empty my bong water after every session and throw some 420 Cleaner in there and it does the job every time.

3. after every bowl that's excessive. Seems like your more worried about cleaning than smoking.

4. I used to only clean my glass pieces with 420 cleaner, but I was finding that I went through the bottles so quickly, it was becoming quite costly. I tried using just rubbing alcohol and coarse salt, as many have suggested, but it had to soak for so long. I have a bowl for my bong with hollow walls (I'm sorry, I don't know if there's a special name for that) and crap gets stuck up inside there. The alcohol and salt just didn't seem enough to get that out. I'm also not as strict about cleaning my glass regularly, so it builds up. [​IMG] Anyway, 420 cleaner has always smelled strongly of grapefruit to me, so it occurred to me that they probably add citrus essential oils to it. I added just a single drop of lemon essential oil (it's pretty potent) to the plastic bag containing the bowl with the alcohol and salt and shook it up a bit. It was totally clean in a matter of minutes. I really think the acid from citrus essential oils gives that alcohol/salt mixture the added boost it needs. Lemon essential oil is also pretty inexpensive, and you don't need very much. Plus, you get the added benefit of aromatherapy (if you're into that kind of thing).

5. you can't keep piece clean at all times. the only way to do it would be not using the piece at all. more often you wash it great the chance of it slipping out and breaking

6. I only recently started toking again so I drug (pun intended) out my bag of paraphernalia, which was a few glass spoons, and a knock of Jerome Baker glass piece my wife bought in the late 90's.

Every one of the pieces were so full of resin it was amazing they would even hit.

WTF was wrong with me? I soaked everything in ISO alcohol and Epsom salts. Amazing what it can do.

I won't clean it every time, but I sure as hell am not letting the resin build up like that again. Ew.

7. Rez block works wonders little pricy but who cares

8. I put my piece in a GIANT bag ad fill it with rubbing alcohol and salt

Sent from my Z813 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Ya use one of the ziplock storage bags for under your bed lol

10. Why would a clean bong be more slippery? In fact I find freshly cleaned glass is far more grippy. But surely we are only discussing the inside here anyway

11. Green chronic. Put it in, watch a bit of TV and the rinse with hot water. Cleans it perfectly and you can strains the cleaner and reuse it. The bottle even tells you too

Attached Files:

12. May be excessive to you, but to me its just better to smoke out of a nice fresh piece every time. Just how i do it window kush.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. I would go as much as after every bowl like cajun4cannabis but that's his decision.

I will clean however after/before a sesh and use a cleaner one to two times a week

14. I pretty much exclusively dab (smoke a joint every Sunday) so just hot water through the rig once or twice a week and the occasional nail scrape.

15. Rubbing alcohol and salt, it remember when I was 16 I would always clean it after every session, I wassuper paranoid all the time it would reek lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. I think the cleaning part is covered, now, how about quick drying? All too often I'll have a freshly cleaned piece get the swampy, liquidy watery res that build up very fast, if not fully dry.

17. Blow dryer? Lol I don't go to that extent I just try and wipe it down quick and get some of the water out of it I figure with mine it's sparkling clean already why take another step

18. I saw this topic and had to share. I invested in an ultrasonic cleaner some years back. A little bit of iso in a small pyrex dish, 5 mins of u/s and it's clean as whistle.(i let iso evap out of the dish) I do the same with my shredder. That leaves behind some awesome hash once a month. My buddies like to come around with their pieces to clean and are more than willing to test it out afterwords.

19. So you go to the sink a few times in a single session to iso wash your bong?

20. #40 Deleted member 629842, Feb 11, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
    I'll pass along this lazy tip.

Works better if you have a screen with your bowl, so the resin isn't as sticky in the downstem.

But all I use to clean my downstem is a straw. Works better if I cut the top with a slant.

Easily I can get the downstem to be as clean as new without any effort at all.

Everything else gets soaked in ISO and rock salt.