How do you keep YOUR piece clean?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by andrewpenny506, Dec 1, 2015.

1. I clean my bongs daily, once or twice. No rez, no dirty water. I love the pure, clean taste (glass screen to :) ). I usually just run hot water from the tub twice a day to the bongs used, and then i clean the bowls once a night. Fridays are usually the cleaner products to get the extra rez off from a hard week of working. RezBlock in the water helps keep the rez off the glass to!

Just wanted to know everyone else cleaning regime or schedual, and to know if I'm OCD and crazy or if there is any one else out there who takes crazy good care of their equipment too!

• Like Like x 1
  2. You're not crazy. I change the water every day, usually twice a day or more, and clean them with 91% after just about every day of use. I rotate through all my glass before finally cleaning at the end of the week. Some pieces get used more than once. I was a daily driver type person for awhile, using only one piece day after day while everything else sat, but now I use everything equally. I clean less often because of it, and everything gets the love it deserves. Hot water is the best to keep it clean in between. When doing a water change I set it under the tap and raise the temp as high as it'll go slowly and watch most of the claim shoot out the mouthpiece or ball up in the corners.

I guess i keep it clean by keeping it clean to begin with. It's easier to clean an already basically clean piece of glass than something with so much reclaim or rez its formed a natural perc in the joint. Rotating pieces helps to make it less of a chore.

3. I pretty much just use Simple Green for cleaning. Let it soak overnight, shake it a bit, and rinse. Works as well as isopropanol and salt, IMO, and it takes less effort. I'm lazy sometimes. Hell, my bong has gone awhile without any cleaning at the moment.

I still change the water every smoke session though. It's water, it's pretty cheap, don't see why people wouldn't.

4. 420 Cleaner is the stuff that I use. It has some sort of gritty additive in it that helps clean out the resin.

5. Lately I've been blasting hot water through it. I have a wand on the shower head. I pull the wand off and jam the end of the hose into the down stem joint. It fits tight which lets the water blast throughout the bong backwards. I walk away with the hot water on full blast and let it go for 5 minutes at a time. It cleans it 100% if I do it every few days or so. If it is super dirty it takes a good 15 minutes to get most of it out and while the glass is really hot from the water I use the iso alcohol to soak it. That does it for the most part.

I used to blast water through my ash catcher as well but it broke the cheap I had when it got clogged up and it kind of exploded on me. So I still soak my smaller glass in isopropyl alcohol over night. But for bongs, run hot water through it first and then use the iso soak. It cleans it to a sqeeky finish every time.

6. Emptying the bong water at the end of the night/session is a must for myself. Just no logical reason not too, its used and dirty - change it! Fresh water is pretty cheap where I come from.

I personally clean a piece with ISO and salt once a week since I like my pieces fresh for full taste.

My screens and bowls get cleaned every night tho, they get the dirtiest during a session.

7. i clean my bong ones a week by using alcohol and different brushes

8. Clean after every bowl. 91% iso, hot water, and seasalt if needed. I alternate pieces every session.

9. I am new to all this but I recently bought Cheech and Chong Cleaner from a flea market but I just found it online for the same price. It has the salt in it I guess and it works really good.

10. Not at all. A clean piece is a healthy piece. I use boiling hot water and a scrub brush to clean my bong. For my pipe, I use a q-tip for the tube and hot boiling water. It removes about 90% of the resin.

11. You can use the alcohol to clean the bong.

12. I just use orange chronic and clean it every week or so. I have a bunch of different pieces so I'm not cleaning my glass everyday.

13. The biggest problem with having glass is the daily maintenance. Naturally as smokers most of us do want to have to go through a lot of work to do such a simple thing. Only if we could develop a way to have a self-cleaning bong. The innovator who can make that possible will be great!

Until that happens I still to the traditional hot water and alcohol or salt. You can even use all three at the sametime and it will get your glass looking new. I have used a variety of the cleaners but non work as well as the original simple method.

If anyone knows of any new brands I would be down to test them.

14. I use methaylated spirits or iso alcohol, Pref iso as I feel methaylated can leave resin marks up the piece although that could of been me using so little when I let it get proper nasty so the little I was shaking was like pitch black. Refresh water everysesh unless I've had a bowl before lunch or something and I'd refreshed last night, In that scenario I'd let it sit and wait til after next proper sesh but the cleaners only get used every so often because I don't have a proper station to work at. My dad is infuriated when he goes for a bath or is brushing his teeth and he sees little specs on the surfaces from a cleaning session that didn't get cleared up properly, Could be because I wait so long to use cleaner and just use high pressure water but at the moment I feel I make so much mess in the area I clean, and due to me cleaning the area after every time, it makes it a lot of hassle as I sesh with 2 other homies near every day and only I do cleaning etc for fear they might break something and the fear they'll make a mess in my bathroom. I want to clean my piece more often but cleaners cost and it's a lot of effort.

15. Obviously I use salt when using cleaners, I'm not using excessive amounts of cleaner, I use minimum so I have more cleaner for longer

16. I've used simple green and I've also done the tape the holes salt Method. Both work well for me.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

17. Cut a slit in a small sponge, stick a powerful magnet into it. Put the sponge down the cylinder of your bong and you can use another magnet externally to scrub residue.

Of course alcohol and salt helps the dirtier it is.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Right now I have two nice pieces, but only really use the really nice one if you know what I'm sayin.I normally rinse my bong out with hot or cold water (just depends, but normally hot water) after a couple bowls. I use 91% ISO on average I'd say maybe like 4-5 times a week, but I do go on some stretches some times of not cleaning my pieces out really well, but I never let it get too bad.

As for my bowls, I normally rinse them out with hot water once in a blue moon, but every now and then if they get real bad. I also boil them out if they get real bad, but I normally never let them get too bad. Like most people on here like different pieces, right now I like the piece I'm smoking on, but I got different bowls and attachments for it that alter the way it smokes.

19. Hot water and iso is all i need but i dab mostly and reclaim isn't as bad as resin

20. I don't use mine every day but when they do come out to play I rinse them through with hot water straight from the tap at the end of the night. All the resin just flakes off in seconds. I don't clean the bowl though, I don't think just hot water would shift the shit in that. I scrap that clean with a knife every now and then