Any coconut oil eaters?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Mantikore, Nov 30, 2015.

1. I'm sure there are plenty of blades who use coconut oil.. I got interested in coconut oil from reading about it with edibles and then looked into it more. I don't buy into all the claims people make on the internet about it, but I do think it has some good benefits. I use it with beeswax and essential oils to make random balms and creams for a variety of things like wounds and hair cream. Just wondering what others use it for and how they use it.

I will say with my hair.. all I use in it is my cream. No shampoo, no conditioner.. I just rinse my hair out well and then put my stuff in it. Almost every time I go to get a haircut, they remark on how nice my hair looks and how they can't find any split ends.. not that I give a damn about split ends.. lol

I also try to eat 3 tablespoons of it a day. I don't really cook, so I had to find another way and all I do is mix coconut oil, hemp seeds, chocolate, and other random ingredients and eat that throughout early day. I also use it for when I take my vitamins. If I take my vitamins without CO, my piss is a toxic yellow.. but with the oil, it looks like a relatively normal yellow. Admittedly, I go through phases of eating healthier and not so healthy.. but trying to stick this one out. Almost every single time I go through a coconut oil/hemp seed phase, I feel better.. but this round I've stuck with it for a few weeks and other people have noticed differences in me. My girl and I both noticed my sex is better.. not that it was terrible before, hope not.. but my junk acts like it did when I was younger. My manager today was like "you've been on point lately" which I feel has to do with the omega 3's and 6's from the hemp seeds.

So yeah, all in all I'm feeling better from this minor change. Just need to work on cutting back/out on soda and cigarettes. I did cut out soda during the day at work.. only drink water, which is probably another factor with feeling better.

But yeah.. what all do you use coconut oil for?

• Like Like x 2
  2. I love the stuff.

Best use is as a massage oil - it's edible of course so really good for a massage/oral sex.

3. I forgot about that.. does make an awesome massage oil. It's even better if you melt a lil beeswax in it. I made one before that was oil, wax, and essential oils good for nerves and muscles like basil and thyme. Was looking for new oils and started talking to a girl looking for oil too. She said she is going to school for massage and I happened to have cream in my car.. so I gave it to her to try. She blew up my phone after asking how to make it and said she took it to class and everyone was saying how great it was to use, even the instructor. Adding that wax makes a big difference in texture.

My last roommates used it for a lube too.. just the oil, never tried it with the wax.. but they said it was better than any other lube they tried.

Granted any kind of oil will work.. I used it for squeaky door hinges and lock and key sets that were getting stuck. I use the CO instead of other oil though since it stays harder and not as runny.

4. I'm in the same boat as you... I use it for anything... It's best for eatables, skin, hair, health and fucking everything

5. You should try adding some beeswax to it.. grab a jar, add coconut oil and wax and microwave it for 30 second bursts with breaks in between bursts. Could also do it on the stove, but I found it easier to microwave it in the jar you're going to use rather than getting pans dirty and waxed up.

That's the combo I use for a lot of stuff.. works great on wounds. The oil gets down in and helps separate dead tissue and then the wax helps form a barrier. I made a balm like that for a dog wound at work. I was off for a few days and the people working didn't care for it right. When I got back, it smelled like rotting flesh and looked nasty. I put the balm on it and wrapped it up.. and then they took it to the vet the next day. The vet said she never saw a wound so clean.. didn't smell.. and all she had to do was wash it out and stitch it up. Also did an experiment where I rubbed some oil/wax on concrete and after a couple of days, the spot was perfectly clean and then had a wax barrier that repelled the rain.

I like to experiment a lot on a lot of different things.. and I did another where I covered myself with the oil/wax mix, with other plants oils added, and let it sit, then rinsed off in the shower. Didn't use soap or anything.. just let the oil separate the dead skin and dirt.. did that for a few weeks and my skin never looked healthier. Lil too expensive to do daily with my current financial situation, but maybe I'll try that again.

6. Probably should of added a picture first time around.. but these are what I've been making. Hershey's milk chocolate on the bottom.. then the top is coconut oil, hemp seeds, and lecithin. When I only do coconut oil and chocolate.. I've had a few people say that it tastes like a fancy desert you'd order at a restaurant. Tastes just about the same with the hemp seeds, just not a smooth, desert quality texture.

Attached Files:

7. What's the recipe for this? Looks good

8. Take a cupcake tray or another mold and melt some chocolate in the bottom. You can choose how much you want. My oven only goes down to 170 F, so I put them in for 30 seconds.. with a 30-60 second break while stirring them and just keep doing 30 second bursts til it is melted. Usually take like 3-4 30 second bursts to melt the chocolate. Then you let the chocolate cool at room temperature. You can chill it, but they say you should like chocolate cool slowly.

Once the chocolate hardens, all you need to do is melt your coconut oil and add however much you want. I do one tablespoon for each disk. I also add one tablespoon of hemp seeds and about half a tablespoon of lecithin. You can really add whatever dry stuff you want.. was thinking of doing a protein powder sometime. I've done ginger root powder too, so you really can pick and choose. It is best to do the dry stuff first too.. then pour the oil on top and mix it around quickly. After I add the oil, I throw the tray in the freezer right away and that's it. You can do the refrigerator, but they pop out easier frozen.

So just melt the chocolate and let it cool, add your dry ingredients, then add your coconut oil and chill it. There is a lot of room for personal tweaks too.. one of these times I might mix rice crispies into the melted chocolate.

9. Thanks im gonna buy some ingredients on the weekend and whip some of these up. Think I will add some flaxseed and either granola or oats. Just a thought, don't know if you ever thought of doing the melting of the chocolate bit this way but i think it would be easier, I make protein cookies with melted chocolate drizzled on the top, and I break the chocolate into a bowl, fill a pan with water bring to the boil and leave the bowl on top of the pan of boiling water (so it steams the bottom of the bowl) then you could pour the melted chocolate into those molds. It also stops the chocolate burning as it is only steam that heats it indirectly.

10. Yeah, I used to do it that way.. but as time went on I changed to this way so I don't make too many dirty dishes. This way all I get dirty is a cupcake tray and a measuring spoon. Plus, the chocolate bars I get come 12 to a pack.. and the cupcake tray takes 12, so my OCD kicks in and I use one bar per mold.

If you don't take any omega 3's or 6's, definitely recommend using hemp seeds. They are balanced with omegas and that is good for us stoners.

11. Cheers for that gonna give this a go some point this week. Looks like a good snack to eat while high, plus healthy (gonna use extra dark chocolate to try and make it healthier)

12. I've heard that mixing coconut oil with coffee or tea is amazing

Especially coffee and that it keeps you energized all day

13. Yeah, I've heard of people doing that.. but I personally can't stand warm/hot drinks.

I think for my next batch of coconut oil disks, Ima melt down some of those butterfinger bits for baking into the chocolate. I'll never escape my stoner sweet tooth, so I might as well try to get my sweets and healthy treats in together.

14. You ever make any? I made a batch with butterfinger baking bits instead of chocolate and they were freaking delicious.

15. I don't like to make claims I can't prove.. but I'm 99% sure that this addition has been helping my immune system a lot. I've had an infection under the skin on my thigh for years.. got bit by a dog there like 3 years ago and since I've been actually sticking with the coconut oil things, the infection is next to nothing. First time is has ever looked this good and I don't feel much of anything under the skin. Not that I get many to begin with, but I've been getting less pimples too. Don't think I've actually had any new ones pop up.

16. I have been using it pretty regularly for a few years. I use it as a sunscreen, it blocks some of the harmful uv and lets some through for vitamin d production.

I just lubed my faucet gasket so it slides into is slot effortlessly.

I put 1-2 tsp in my coffee with with a teaspoon of organic cocoa.

Here is a pdf by Dr. Rhonda Patrick about coconut oil.

http://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.foundmyfitness.com/ebook/Coconut_Oil_Report.pdf&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiglq-OpI_KAhVB_GMKHbe_CIsQFggLMAA&usg=AFQjCNH4-y9rIfdvTOdiCxEfEpXLEIrOYg

17. Oh, an added benefit, it's good to take with fish oil and vitamin D since all are lipid or lipid soluable. Check out black seed oil as well, its up there with CO.

18. I have been using it topically. About 35 years ago, I tore the heck out of my left knee and at times it hurts. Lately, it has been hurting a fair amount- from the top of the knee cap to about 6 inches up my leg. It had getting a little worse each day for about 5 days. [​IMG]

So I put some shake with bud bits (mostly Blue Dream and Hindu Skunk) into a cup with coconut oil, and set it warming (off and on) on my tea cup warmer for about a day and a half. I almost always have some weaker cannabis-infused coconut oil mixed up for my hands (mild arthritis and it keeps them soft), but I wanted something stronger than that, so I loaded it up because my knee was really starting to hurt.

I applied the (strained and now solidified) oil to a 3 x 5 bandaid rather thickly and slapped it over the top of my knee, then put an ace bandage over that and went to bed. The next morning, to my delight, my knee only ached a bit. [​IMG] So I replaced the oiled bandaid with another one. Next day, my knee felt even better, so I did a 3rd one.

At the moment, there is only a tiny bit of tenderness at the spot where the ligaments were torn, which is about as good as it gets. Gosh! I love cannabis! [​IMG]

Granny

• Like Like x 1
  19. Good info here coconut oil is great especially Extra Virgin but i wouldn't put anything pure and unprocessed in a microwave. It destroys all the goodness in the food.

20. Yeah.. I usually take my fat soluble vitamins with it, but I don't take fish oil. I mix some hemp seeds in with my coconut oil for my omegas. After reading Granny's threads, I wanted to get my omegas back in order. I will say that my highs have been a lot better since. Ima look into the black seed oil too then.

Did you ever see that series "Grow Your Own Drugs"? It's some guy who goes around and makes various plant based medicinal drugs.. and he did something similar. After watching it, I started melting beeswax into my CO and have found all sorts of uses. You should try mixing in some other plant oils with the cannabis.. like basil. They say basil is one of the best nerve tonics and I made a basil based massage oil once. That stuff was fantastic. It definitely had a much stronger and more relaxing effect than without the basil. If you're interested, I can drum up a list then with essential oils that are good for muscle pain, inflammation, and nerves.

Doing short bursts is ok.. all microwaves do is vibrate the atoms to warm up food. The biggest problem is uneven heating with microwaves.. usually one spot gets hotter quicker and that can deteriorate qualities. But if you make sure it gets heated evenly in short bursts, all will be well.