flushing between veg flower

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by striker1, Nov 21, 2015.

1. How long should i flush my plants between veg & flower i am running DWC in bubble buckets. Hours or days? TIA for any input.

2. I set up a transition week, where I reduce the lighting over a weeks period to 12 hours, a reservoir change with 2/3 bloom nutes and 1/3 grow nutes, I run that for 10 days then go full bloom nutes, unless you are having problems, a flush isn't needed, but, if you do flush, use plain pHd water (6.0 +/-) for 72 hours. If you use a flushing agent, most except for AN, must be used during lights on and then drained after, the uptake occurs during lights on.

http://forum.grasscity.com/hydroponic-grow-journal...

3. thanks

4. I flush for a day then change nutes and light schedule. Keep it simple always works best I find

5. I'm not exactly sure what you mean when you say 'flush', but all you need to do is empty out the reservoir after a week of 12/12 and re-fill with flower nutes. Keep the ppm about the same, or 50-100 more for a few weeks

Leave flushing to soil growers

• Like Like x 2
  6. I run that huh, shit forgot the name, it cuts down on the salts buildup. Someone help me with the name of if.
    You fill with clean water, take a PPM reading, then keep the pumps and chiller etc... running as normal.
    The PPM's will start to raise, after a couple of hours, they stabilize, then drain, fill run the transition to bloom for a week or so with the lights at 12\\12, then water change, and bloom formula the rest of the way.

7. FloraKleen is the name, old age is getting to me. Think I got half-timers disease, cant remember shit half the time.
    Look it up and read a bit on it.
    I run after a completed grow also to help clean my chiller, pumps, etc...

8. After 72 hours they looked like death. But they bounced back quickly they are bigger than I had hoped.

9. I haven't been flushing between crow and flower, what's the rational?

DM

10. I do a short flush with every res change...roughly every week...gets rid of any salt build ups in the medium

11. For best result flush between each weekly res change. I wouldn't go more than 2 weeks without flushing at max. Your plant will thank you and be a lot healthier. Healthy plant will produce more and stronger flowers.

12. i also like a gradual transfer between cycles. found it keeps things happier

13. Do I know this striker???? Lol

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk