Who owns a rosin press?

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by nlftw, Nov 20, 2015.

1. I have a 6 ton press. I heat the plates up on a stove, and it's a PITA to load the plates and get an even press without blowouts. It's EXTREMELY cumbersome and frustrating compared to using a hair straightener IME.

It works OK with pouches and directional flow but it's really tough to get a full extraction because the slightest bit of uneven pressure makes a mess. The press itself requires modification for stability. Overall I'm not super impressed but I haven't been using it too long.

2. Look up rosin tech they have small 5x5 pressed for under 400. Something i may get with tax returns

3. That is definitely a ghetto looking heat press but still better than using your girlfriend's styling products :p

4. Please share details DrF.

I am not satisfied with the pressure of the hand press I have.

Sure is better than bodyweight and hair tool but I want to maximize yield and make a decent amount in one session without getting sore.

What is everyones favorite collection tool? Who is selling the 'stamps'?

5. Just saw a legit rosin press yesterday at a cannabis event I was at yesterday...They were selling the press itself for $1200 and were doing presses of your bud if you brought some for $5, didn't get to see it in action unfortunately but it looked nuts.

6. You can build a press using a vise or arbor press for about $200 if you dont already have a vise, $50 if you do, and a 20 ton hydraulic press for around $300 with a friend in a shop. People are just riding the hypetrain with some of these prices...

For a vise or even arbor press, epoxy some hollow steel beams to the vise with hardwoodwood insulaters, and then just throw a gutted hairstraighteners parts inside as heating elements. Toss some flatbar on so its perfectly flat, Throw a cooking thermometer between the plates and you're good to go. I'm using a badass little vise from the 1930s for pressure, and plates made from 2" aluminum flatbar over some 4mm square steel tubing, and hairstraightener parts as heaters, with some oak to keep the vise from getting any heat off the plates.

7. its a link> this plus cooking parchment then chill it in freazer for eaze peelin off the parchment

8. This site has them for a whole lot less Rosin Press Machine, Rosin Press Machine Suppliers and Manufacturers at Alibaba.com it's the China ebay so who knows.

9. Yeah I have no idea what prices these generally go for as I am not in the market for one currently until I lived in a legal state where it was easier to get quality buds at a decent price, but I was just sharing something I saw at a smoking event I went to the other day. It was cool watching them press people's kief and buds to come out with some great golden looking rosin

10. Then heating elements and plates and you're golden. For probably less than $200 total too.

And with bottle jacks you have your pick of pressure, ranging from $17 for a 2 ton bottle jack or 20 ton for $50... So you can adjust based on your plate size. You'd need a sturdier setup than the one in the video for probably over 10 tons or heavy use in general, but it isn't difficult to figure this out. Google homemade rosin press. It's just square plates and 4 screws instead.

I'm getting good results with a vise between 210-220, I know i'm not getting ttons of pressure, but i'm doing alright. No idea where i'm actually at. The chips are dry and see through so i think with my plate size i'm getting enough pressure atleast. Much drier than they are when using clamps.

11. I've been searching for a reputable company to get a press from. So far my luck has been bad. If you are looking for a rosin press do yourself a favor and skip these guys.

Gorosin.com company review and experience:

I ordered a Gorosin press despite the lack of company reviews available and I am now in a credit card dispute with them. Gorosin failed to ship my product weeks after order. I only was able to get an answer once on the shop phone at which point the person on the line promised me my order would be shipped that week. The order never shipped and no one ever answered the shop phone or email again. I had to obtain an alternate number for the company and when I reached someone named Tiffany, she agreed the inability to contact the shop was “ridiculous” and it was poor customer support and business practice to be so unavailable to her clients. She promptly promised my order would be refunded that day and that she would contact me through email or phone when this process was complete. I never received any phone calls or emails. My order was never canceled. Tiffany no longer answers the phone either. I have continued to attempt to contact the shop phone and email but have never heard back. I now have had to contact my bank and initiate a disputed charge case against gorosin.com

Don’t make the same mistake I did! Avoid gorosin at all costs!

12. Just. Make. Your. Own.
    8 tons. $80.

[​IMG]

13. Oh nice! I just ordered the parts for a DIY heat plate. This looks like an easy effective way to put together a press. Thanks!

14. I got this press for 900$
    i love it.