Trying a Sativa run with Vertical LED Blades

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Tommie Trichrome, Nov 18, 2015.

1. you know that's what I first thought, but after seeing that they grow just fine close together, I would rather maximize the small space and utilize the Sq area footprint. If you check out the Grape ape grow I did, they were extremely close, but it doesn't slow the production of the plants if the light source, water, nutes and airflow is correct.

2. Just something I read on a recent Gorilla Glue grow. The stems become weak during flower so some silaca foliar sprays might counteract that. Looking great though!! Keep on with the keep on!!!

3. sweet, i totally appreciate the advice! I will look into Silaca to make into a foliar spray. ya that is the last thing i want to have stems that can support weight and either breaking from the weight or never produce the weight bc it can support it.... That is a problem i want to avoid for sure, so thanks for the Heads Up, Ive never grown the glue before.

4. Here are the Lab results from my first grow using the SC LED Vertical system...It was a Grape Ape pure Indica run. I have already posted the weight/yield results earlier.

So here's the update from my first grow with these LED's growing Grape Ape. I have already posted my weight/yield results and I know you all were waiting on the lab results, so here they are. I appreciate the patience. I was very happy with the results because for the yield, the aesthetics and the propensity of the strain to test and yield low, I got more than I usually do in a 4x4 tent, and it was top shelf aesthetics with lab results to match.

[​IMG]

in the end I pulled around 1.84 lb from 600-800 watt LED system in 4x4 tent of some Top-shelf Medicine that has the aesthetics, terps, and lab results to match. So I am very happy with the results. I hope these next two runs I am journaling now are the same or even better. I'm thinking the sativas will yield me more and I only heard good things about Gorilla Glue so fingers crossed.

5. Going to be transplanting the Gorilla Glues today into their final 5 gal. containers today, and will be posting the pics of the transition hopefully tomorrow. I expect To flip the plants to flowering in about 2 weeks. So these gorilla glues are growing like crazy since just putting them in the system 2 weeks ago.

6. Well, guess I need to plant some of those Blueberry seeds I've been stashing away for a few months. I think I'll get those started germinating this evening. TWW

7. #29 Gorillaseedbank, Dec 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2015
    This setup seemed off the wall, but man cannot argue with yield or quality :0)

Curious what lab you used. I'm out of Cali and have only really heard of SC labs.

Thanks and I will keep watching this thread for sure!

-Gavin

8. I actually went with SC Labs. Great reputable lab with up to date liquid/gas chromatography. Can't go wrong with the same analytics they use for the cannabis cup.

9. did they let you send in the 1.5g or did they make you hand deliver kind of thing?

Again thank you for fielding my OT questions :0)

-Gavin

10. I have been working with the lab for over 3 years and so I just drop it off or send it in with my account, either way their turn around time is about the same (48-72 hrs generally). Yup. 1.5 for potency, safety testing. Then I think it goes up to a 1/8th sample for full comprehensive testing. However if you go with the full comp. you get like 4 pages of different results from microbial, fungal, residual, pesticide, potency and some others too. If you got a lot of weight the full comp. is the way to go, however if you only have a few units, the safety and potency testing is all that's really needed by dispensaries to get the gist tho.

NP, I don't mind answering questions. BTW I've made some purchases from your company before and I still have a bag of GDP seeds and some other freebies seeds that I have yet to germinate. I am actually going to do a grow journal hopefully using these lights (if get enough females to fill 9 spaces) and trying your GDP seeds. Thanks for the seeds. Cheers.

11. Looks like it's between $2,589 and $2,799 for his setup, according to the website.

http://www.suncloak.com/Suncloak-4416-Grow-Light-S...

12. Oops, I meant to quote you on my last post. I posted the listed price above.

13. #35 A guy, Dec 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2015
    Tommie, it would be great to see quality photos comparing the lowest buds with the uppers. I would imagine that the ability to mature all levels of the bud equally would be the greatest advantage with this system. It's definitely a cool system.

14. Ya, that was definitely a benefit. I've had to cut the upper canopy before to let the middle and lower canopy mature to the same extent the upper chopped canopy was matured. This was because the direction and intensity of the HPS lights i was using in the past put all the intensity (par) on mainly on the upper canopy, and not penetrating much past that. However, with this system i chopped the whole plant (all of em) and the lowest buds we just as mature as the upper canopy.

I have posted all the pictures I took, and after everything was processed it was all dispersed in turkey bags. So i didn't separate the processed buds from upper canopy to lower canopy. However, I one thing I definitely noticed was the lowest buds had some of the same coloration as the top canopy, but when put under a scope the lower canopy buds were 90% milky and 10% amber, which was the same ratio on the top. unfortunately, I can't go take pictures of buds I think to be lower canopy and compare them the upper canopy bc the product is already sold and on the shelves of a couple dispensaries. All that's left are the choice personal buds.

15. I've been interested in accomplishing this with 4' T5s around the side but horizontally oriented. Alternately, hanging 2' T5's every couple of feet around the perimeter vertically.

16. that's a interesting thought for sure. I really do love the growth under t5s for veg as their cool and bright, but what about flowering? Would you change out the bulbs to flowering spectrum t5 bulbs? I have only used T5s for veg and have never used them for flowering, so I can only speculate on the design for veg, which i think is innovative and would be beneficial, however I don't know about flowering with them. if you did a grow like this i'd be interested to see how they do in flowering and would follow along.

17. Well, the ones at my local feed and seed shop (which are on clearance for $35/4' with reflector) come with a 6500k bulb. I have a Mars 1600 for my main light, which is very red and blue with minimal green. I could always switch the bulb out for something more warm but I've also heard that white/blueish light can be beneficial during flower. It's so hard to find real information though, lots of stoners just repeating what they've read somewhere else and little in the way of validated experience.

I'm still on the fence with the idea...as I have been for some time. Cost vs value vs hobby fascination.

18. I took a look at your setup and with your Mars you could put peripheral T5s on the sidewalls of the tent. and perhaps a beneficial and holistic overlap of lights spectrums will happen. I am a fan of dual systems, so if you got the interest and the funds give it a shot. I liked your pics btw, wish i had the outdoor space to grow some monsters.