Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Newbie Making Kief Tincture - Honey, Oil And/Or Alcohol?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Artos the Bear, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Hi guys!

I recently was given two grams of kief from a dispensary. I've never smoked anything and I don't yet have a vaporizer, so I was thinking that turning the kief into an oral form of some kind would be best for me. I've read through a LOT of threads here but I'm still confused about some parts, so please bear with my newbieness!

I'm gathering that it can be made into an oral form by alcohol, honey and/or oil. Is one better than another? The strongest alcohol I have is vodka, nothing over-proof, so perhaps honey or oil would work better for me? What's the quickest way to make it usable? And is heat always involved? If I just heated the kief and, say, honey or oil for a few minutes, would that do it?If I heated honey or oil and mixed the kief in, how long would it have to sit before it became potent? Would it work if I left it in a bit of vodka overnight? I'm eager to try it but I don't want to waste any of my kief!

Thank you all very much!!

Sarah

2. http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb/742831-badkats-cannapharm-medical-grade-oil-cannabis-capsules-uv-glowing-hash-candy-canna-bombs-more.html/page-1
    That is Badkats cannapharm thread with dozen if not hundreds of recipes..
    ================================
    First off to make that hash usable in an eatable form it'll need decarboxalating.. Or just Decarb for short.. This is to drive a CO2 molecule from the THCA converting it to the more useful THC.. Smoking does this as we burn it so you'll need to plan on this part.. A foil covered dish at 220 degrees for 40 min will do the trick.. I use an old toaster oven I dumpster dove for and a bit rewiring bypassed the bad timer and it works just fine..
    [​IMG]
    The fastest and simplest is a hash dragon.. 1 gram of decarbed hash and 1 ounce of high proof alcohol..
    [​IMG]
    I use 151 ever clear as California doesn't sell 190 proof.. This works just fine and a few droppers in your beverage will light up your day or just shoot it under your tongue.. Works fast in just a couple of minutes if held in your mouth.. Shake well before use..
    ====================================
    Second up would be a hash oil for caps or consumables like brownies but I don't think you have enough to attempt them..
    [​IMG]
    5 grams decarbed hash
    1 tablespoon coconut oil
    1/2 teaspoon soy lecithin liquid
    Heat covered 220 degrees for 20 min then freeze.. additional heating's and freezing's will add to the punch.. Makes 30 size zero caps..
    [​IMG]
    You could just wing it and make up about 7 caps out of one gram.. While coconut oil is the best for this being a medium chain triglyceride oil other oil bases will work just not as effectively.. Butter works as does bacon fat.. Do try and find some form of soy lecithin, Liquid, powder or granules.. It's all about the (liposomal encapsulation) Say that 3 times really fast..
    BNW

3. BrassNwood, thank you so much!! I really appreciate the info and I'm going to give it a try! Thanks! :)

Sarah