Florida House Votes to OK Terminal Patients Use of Marijuana

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by playloud, Nov 17, 2015.

1. http://www.tbo.com/news/politics/florida-house-pan...

The Associated Press
    Published: November 17, 2015

TALLAHASSEE – Florida legislators may change the law to allow terminally ill patients to use marijuana.

A House panel on Tuesday approved a bill that would change the state's recently-enacted “Right to Try Act.” That law allows patients with less than a year to live to take experimental drugs.

Supporters of the measure (HB 307) say terminally ill patients should have access to marijuana so they don't have to rely on drugs such as morphine to relieve their pain. Patients would not be allowed to smoke or inject pot.

The House Criminal Justice Subcommittee approved the bill, but several Republican legislators voted no. Rep. Gayle Harrell argued marijuana isn't a “life-saving medication.” Rep. Charles Van Zant, whose mother recently died, disagreed with Harrell.

A similar bill is also moving in the Senate.

2. you cannot smoke or inject the plant?? what other methods are left?? I need an injection right now!!!!!!

3. Florida legislator - "Eh, let's allow them to smoke pot. They'll be dead soon anyway."

4. I read that in few cities in Florida laws will change. Can you tell me in which?