Musician advice?

Discussion in 'The Musician in U' started by CrashTheHippie, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Hey guys. I've wanted to be a musician for years. But I keep getting bogged down by thinking how it's going to sound to people. So much so that I never even finish songs. Any advice for that?

2. Stop giving a fuck and start playing music for yourself not other mother fuckers.

3. just make what you think sounds nice, or sounds shit, or inbetween; whatever you prefer. if you put it up somewhere people aren't going to rip on you for making something, unless you become a sensation for in that case everyone will make sure to be extra critical

4. Who cares what other people think. As long as its your kinda sound and people can relate I'd say go for it. I have A LOT of unfinished songs only cause I have no beat for them but I'm going to pursue my dream as soon as I finish getting my Bachelors in Music.

5. If you REALLY want to be a musician then there should be something inside of you that will push you to play whatever comes out no matter what others think.

Also, unfinished songs are just part of it. We're always changing our minds. I probably have thousands of 30 second "ideas" recorded at this point. And I never delete them, even though I know I'll probably never revisit them.

Bottom line is if you want to play as much as you say you do, then you'd play.