Being high at work

Discussion in 'General' started by CrashTheHippie, Nov 13, 2015.

1. I work in retail. So, yeah, obviously.

I do RTVs at a store that processes a high volume of returns. I sort through used dirty crap all day. It's tedious and monotonous. Gotta blaze.

I don't mind the shipping part though, and I also process and fulfill online orders and that's not too bad. If I just did that I'd probably not smoke before work.

2. I smoke before work usually an hour before my shift. I do computer work so it requires a lot of detail. Coworkers have mentioned my eyes were red. I blamed it on my newborn and said I wasn't gettin much sleep, haha then i got some eye drops. I work pretty independent so i can b high as long as im productive but gettin lit and chillin at home or somethin is much more enjoyable

3. I toke before work, and sometimes during work if my tasks for the day are really easy. If I'm spending all morning prepping food, I'll take a "cig break" and sit around the corner of the building toking.

4. I work at an Italian restaurant and used to smoke outside before work with my co-workers until one day I asked a customer if he'd like more "marijuana sauce" instead of marinara sauce

5. When I have work I also have weed. Does that make me high?

6. I did it once when I was a Starbucks barista, and it was the worst shift ever. Couldn't imagine doing it with my job now

7. I'm high at work more often than not and it makes it fun

8. Fuck yea I'm stoned at work now jamming the fuck out lol

9. #29 StonedForSeasons, Nov 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2015
    Being in the food industry makes it difficult to work with the stress involved, so I just smoke on my break before we close up to clean the place. Never while there are customers around.

10. I'm high 24/7 no matter where I am. I especially need weed for public work because non-stoners tend to be very stupid people sometimes.

11. It really depends on the work. Landscaping? Fuck yeah. Construction/strenuous manual labor? No thanks lol

12. When I delivered pizzas I used to non-stop, especially before the economy tanked. Working in a hot kitchen or factory sucks high though, and I find that it's nice to have something to look forward to.

13. I feel like it's unprofessional no matter how brain dead your job is. I mean I'm not saying i've never went to work after toking but I try not to make a habit of it.

14. I have been high at work more days than you have been alive.

15. #35 Mr.Merf, Nov 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2015
    Ill usually take a few tokes every once in awhile, lately I've just been working behind the desk answering a phone and making reservations about once an hour and dusting, the entire shift.

If I'm working outside blowing leaves, weed eating, stuff like that then I'm usually pretty high because I'm just alone for the most part and there is a ton of wooded area around and if someone comes to check up on me I got my sunglasses on so no one knows...

It's just to easy to.

16. We stay high....

Attached Files:

17. I agree with you 100% - but I still do it. It's just too much fun.

18. I tried smoking smoking few hours before work but I was just tired lol

19. It would probably make me more dizzy and lethargic than I naturally already am.. if I smoke during the day.

Then again, after working in the food industry for 1 year - it doesn't at all surprise me that people go to work high. How do people survive doing the exact same thing, every day.. every week .. every month .. every year, without rest? There's gotta be something that keeps them from being hospitalized with a mental breakdown.

20. working in the food industry at the same place for 2 years lol I can count atleast 20 breakdowns I've had after work and I'm not the only one. My coworker and also best friend and I would always smoke after work together while have simultaneous breakdowns together high as fuck. I had to go into work blit always if I didn't I couldn't survive an 8 hr shift. By the time your high is done you only have about 2 hours of your shift remaining. Obviously depending on how much you smoked before though.