First grow coco

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by bosephos, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Alright Boys 1 week and 4 days into flowering pistols are showing like crazy nutes 1000ppm with cal mag and great white wattering everyday and they are loving it

Attached Files:

2. ....a ph of 5.8 +/- is the sweet spot for coco.........some nutes are absorbed at lower and some at higher......use that info to make the plant respond.....you decide how you want it to grow.........control is why you grow in coco.....let the plant tell you what it needs.....I rarely go over 500ppm with 5' tall plants........lots of nutes will only give you bud that taste like nutes.....slowly up the nutes till the growth stabilizes.....adding more will only empty bottles faster, ruin the flavor, and cause you have to flush all the time.....this is one of those cases where less really is better...........burn them good and they will not give a good return....best of luck.

3. Sounds good thanks for the advice bout I'm entering week 3 should I use liquid koolbloom

4. Week 3 almost here

Attached Files:

5. Week 3 and 1 day whoo hoo nuts flora nova bloom, great white, liquid koolbloom, calmag ppms at 1250 Temps are 75ish ph at 6.1 to 5.9 coco also did I mention all 3 plants are in a 2.5 x 2.5 x 6 tent with a 1000 watt light air-cooled lol because I have my light come on at night and keep my window open Temps inside stay perfect. My reflector is almost as wide as my tent

Attached Files:

6. Ppm sounds pretty high especially for plants that size. My ppm never really goes over 900 for the entire grow. And I do constant run off/slurry tests to determine preferred strength. Never the less make sure u do a good 10 days of flushing towards the end. Good luck

7. Okay sounds good I will back them down a tad here are some more pics

Attached Files:

8. Hey looks good man. I'm about to try coco for the first time. Did you mix the coco with perlite or worm castings or anything? Just curious on how I'm going to go about it. How often to you water them?
    Hope to see an update soon bud!

9. Subbing up, switching to coco my next round. Looking great