My Favorite Monocot

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by (~Dodger~), Nov 11, 2015.

1. #1 (~Dodger~), Nov 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2015
    Well, decided it was time to start a journal again, for sake of record keeping really. Today is day one above ground, pics from yesterday. Remains of the last slaughter scattered about, excuse the mess!
    And for the record mj is NOT a monocot, it just sounded better ;) annnnnnd I typed it wrong lol

Here we go..

GDP reg x 3
    Chem dog fem x 1
    Candy land reg x 2
    Jock horror reg x 1
    Bubblicious reg x 1

Chem dog was the quickest to pop above, everyone's (almost) standing tall today. Update yell when things get to going a little further along. Room specs etc.

Attached Files:

2. #2 (~Dodger~), Nov 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2015
    I've grown tired of the "damping off" syndrome I run into every now and again. I implemented 2 ORGANIC methods of staving off fungus, which is the root cause of damping off. (Pun intended ;))

1. A light spray with a water and 3% hydrogen peroxide mix. 1 tsp peroxide per 10 oz water. This was a "top spray" after the initial watering.

2. After spraying, I sprinkled ground cinnamon, an antifungal, on top of the soil.

Both treatments are harmless to the plant, granted I went light. The cinnamon is visible in the post above in the closeup pic. As for the peroxide, 5-6 sprays on mist from a spray bottle was all I applied. Day 1 and day 3 I applied the peroxide, day 1 only for the cinnamon. Also, did the cinnamon after any watering, it is better dry from what I have read.

6 of 8 seedlings are up and looking strong, the final 2 were dropped as an after thought the following day, so the have some time yet.

3. First!! :)

4. Hell yea, Good to see ya triple. Having a good day bud?

5. Hey bro! Busy day yesterday all the way to the finish....but it was a really good day. I hope yours is going as well. Almost the weekend!

6. Yea buddy, going great for me too actually! On break from class, it's my Friday, just have to work one more shift

7. Well, gave everyone a light spritz of peroxide solution again today, jock horror is up, bubblicious is late to the party. Took a peek though, the helmet is split and I'm expecting 8/8 this time through.

Attached Files:

8. Subbed up man!
    Is JH from Nirvana?

9. Yes sir. Sativa seeds is the "breeder" if you wanna find it at the attitude. I bought a ten pack of regs, Gave six to my buddy but have never grown any of these regs myself. I did jock horror auto ways back when, it was pretty good stuff

10. Glad to have ya NA! I looked through your thread a few days ago, didn't have enough time to find any recent plant pics though, what you have going right now?

11. I'm in for the ride dodger

12. Subbed. This F.N.G wants to know the technical specs for the grow room, lights etc.

13. I just popped two Alien OG x Triangle Kush autos from Mephisto genetics and then I have a 9lb hammer from TGA waiting to get flipped when the autos are done!

14. I grew out their auto as well, surprisingly good stuff. I wasn't fond of the smell though...
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1447447840.673034.jpg

15. Subbed up and I gotta say.....

It's about damn time :)

Can't wait to watch you do what you do.

16. Haha funny you say so, it made me nauseous to trim. Crazy. Hoping its not too leafy I've never done this one before.

17. At some point tonight ill try and get it all together!

18. I grew some fast and vast auto's from herbie's seeds and blew everybody socks off i know!!!!!!!!

19. Alright, getting things rolling here, been working down in the room for the last 3 hrs or so. Going to make a couple different posts.

First things first, I like to make sure im operating in a clean environment, which is crucial to the health of your plants. As you can see, my room is a damned mess from harvest and throwing a light right back in there to get a new round started.

I vacuumed the cover on my scrubber, I dont wash it. You can see how filthy it was by the clean "L" shape on it. I also filter my incoming air, take a good look at the 2 pictures of the cotton batting I cover the inlet with and you'll see why. It saves life on the scrubber and also keeps animal hairs etc off of your plants. A must in my opinion. I have found a simple piece of cotton batting like what is in a cheap pillow or blanket etc is the best, it is fairly thick yet hardly restricts airflow. This captures very fine dust despite having relatively large holes.

I only got so far as to do a good vacuum job in the room and surrounding areas. I would like to bleach the room once per cycle and the surrounding area where my grow is once a month, but I generally just do it once per grow cycle. I did not get that far tonight.

Tomorrow I am going to be doing some more vacuuming and dust moving with an airhose and then mopping and finally bleaching the whole room that houses my grow. I need to make sure stray pollen is gathered or neutralized and also mold is always a concern. I run a dehumidifier right outside of my air inlet 24/7. I have a second one on standby for summer time, but I have learned its not worth it to grow in summer for me. I can generally get 3 good cycles per year in by only growing august- june, the humidity is just too bad to risk flowering in imo.

Also.. all the seeds from my last grow That fell off the plants and just lying on the floor.

Attached Files:

20. Well the bub just couldn't shed that seed helmet, I took it off but things dont look too good here for her. I went to my trusty dustpan and grabbed 4 random seeds and stuck them down into the corners of that same pot. If bub pulls thru she lives, if not, im going to take one of the four and let it go.
    Those seeds are a random mix of pure blueberry, and bubbliscious x GDP x blueberry. I shall let fate determine what I grow in that container, even i may not know.
    Back on cleanliness, I never touch bulbs bare handed. I always buff them off with dry cotton rag before and after use. I use a generic 600w mh for veg and I flower with a 1kw hortilux hps.
    Safety safety safety! I have a 6" phresh filter on a 6" inline running thru a cooltube and venting outside. This has been fine but one time I had to cut down a while crop early because the whole neighborhood was stinking! The same scrubber I have now and that still currently works just couldn't cut the smell. I now have a standby 4" filter that I will run as a recirculation scrubber if things get too bad again I will be ready. Smells get ya busted, be prepared at all times.

Got the room looking good again, my OCD still telling me I should have bleached like yesterday, but its alot of work and alot of big ass concrete room I need to clean.

My fans are currently out of the room, containment reasons. Tomorrow I will get the compressor running and blow them out really good, take the cage covers off and wipe the blades off well etc. Before reinstalling.

Attached Files: