Bagseed virgin grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by flyhighxi, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Wife found a seed in some pretty good bud so we decided to give it a shot here's my setup.
    4 23w Cfls
    4 bulb sockets
    Home made grow box
    Tin foil
    Fan
    Ports for air flow
    Miracle grow potting soil and fox farms
    Still reading a lot on here not really sure what I'm doing yet
    Any advice would greatly help thanks ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1446852702.556295.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1446852724.544351.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1446852740.844023.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1446852759.479665.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1446852782.899785.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1446852809.185967.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1446852825.939090.jpg

2. I did this "same" experience many times... but outdoor.

You know any info about the strain? (Like if its photoperiodic or if its auto?)

Im already subscribed. I love projects like these.
    Low budged investiment. Sort of thing.

Id give it a chance to outdoors... cause my energy bill is already high. But i must not forget that I have warm weather all over the year. :-$ and this is not the case for all of us... usually.

A proud micro-grower. Cause less is more!

3. By the way... I dont mean to criticize your setup at all, brother... but I would rather paint the grow cabinet plain white (NOT SHINY) as it reflexes the light a lot more "evenly". Those tinfoils... I never used... but they sort of diverge the light on their "rinkles" you know? Where they been bent.

I use CFL bulbs at my fixtures as well... due to low heat* (in comparison with metal halide and sodium)
    And they are pretty energy saving and thats great! You can find them anywhere... if needed to change bulbs.

I can tell you one thing. As a pupil of the art od growing canna, I always blend both apectrums. But it seems that "cool white bulbs" grow stem... and "yellow" (2700k) grow leaf.

Im sayig that cause if you want a small plant... and you know it could grow sativa'ish tall... then you could use mostly yellow bulbs from beginning. To increase leaf formation, rather than letting the plant to stretch endlessly.

Im lopking forward to see your sucess.

Thanks for sharing your journal.

Im no pro... but I had some couple experiences with soil.

And I rely a lot on the "organic way".

A proud micro-grower. Cause less is more!

4. Agree with Gabro...toss the foil. You'll serve your purpose better by painting the walls flat white. Don't over water. That's the biggest killer of plants by new growers, so be sure to allow your pot to dry out sufficiently....all the way to the roots, before watering. You shouldn't have to give nutrients for several weeks as the soil should carry the plant just fine to that point. When you repot your plant into a larger container, the new soil then will continue to carry your plant. I typically don't start with nutes until my plants are probably 5 to 6 weeks old from clone because of keeping potting and them being in good soil to that point. Learn about pH range of liquids going into your plants...(proper range for soil is 6.3 to 6.7) and how to adjust it and get yourself a reliable pH tester. The super cheap ones off Amazon and Ebay are worthless and pH is way too important to the health of your plants not to have a good instrument, so make sure you don't waste your money on something that doesn't or won't work properly. A good EC/TDS tester is also a smart thing to have. These are pretty cheap, under $20, and you'll know how strong or weak your nutrient solution is as well as get a basic ppm of your tap water. You can water with tap water. There is no chlorine in it these days. They started using chloramine and there isn't enough in tap water to damage your plants. There are also micronutrients in tap water that your plants can use. So feel free to use it with no worries, just adjust to the proper pH range before use. Not sure if that's going to be enough light to carry you through veg and get your plant to grow to any size, so you might be thinking about adding more. I veg under T5's (CFLs) and they work great. You can probably create enough light for the veg stage by adding to the current setup you've got as long as they're in the correct spectrum for veg, but when it gets time for flower, you'll need something else to flower with if you want nice fat buds. The CFLs work great for veg, but are a big let down for flowering (IMO). A hps or LED would be better for the flowering stage. Read a bunch on here about grow setup and micro grows and the newbie threads to get your knowledge base up BEFORE you plant seeds or start clones. The more you know, the easier it is to make this a success. Good luck! TWW

5. It looks functional bro. Go with what you have put your hard work and money in. Next go around you'll know what to add or discount.

6. Thanks for the input everyone constantly learning on here

7. i made my set up out of a portable closet i bought at walmart for $20 i bought mylar type paper at a craftstore i use 2 styrofoam coolers and a plastic shelf as a table with two 4" fans in opposite corners, you can turn anything into a grow room. hope u have a great grow ive only ever grown brick seed.

8. Quick update should I be worried? Leaves started good and straight to sides then this ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1447441831.011858.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1447441844.712138.jpg

9. Please help a brotha out!

10. looks like over watering put it in the sun for a couple of hours to try and dry up some of that soil

11. I thought maybe it was under watering but after I watered made sure not to over water it so I'm thinking it was bad soil I used the MG seed starter but I just transplanted it to a bigger pot and used ocean forest

12. Just enough to wet the roots not saturate the soil then let it adjust. How's it looking?

13. UPDATE WEEK TWO..changed soil to the ocean forest and now she's growing very fast think she was nute locked with the MG seed starter . ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448031487.616801.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448031497.982108.jpg

14. Any more advice will greatly help

15. Looks good bro keep doing what ur doing

16. UPDATE** so after about another week of growing her fan leaves started curling up at the ridges figured it was heat stress so I gave it more air circulation. Also there is small brown spots forming on one lead ...Leaves started coming back to normal but some of the ridge tips are brown. Anywho here it is about week 4 from germ ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448474990.305924.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448475001.320739.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448475170.076073.jpg q