How to Flush when Plants are in flowering

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Ncs081684, Nov 6, 2015.

1. My plants are about to go into flower in a week

And I'm kinda confused how I'm going to flush them.

During veg. I have been taking them to the sink and flushing them

Once they start flowing I plan on SOG them. So how will I flush them if I can't take the to the sink. What can I do?

Thanks

2. Any input would be great

3. Any input would be great

4. why can't you carry on doing the same?

5. Sorry typo

I'm SCROG ing them. They are under the trellis.

6. My question is why are you flushing them so much. It's my understanding that a flush is something you do when you have issues to sort of clean out the roots system of your plant. Normally, I don't flush mine at all. The nutes I use are very mild and I don't use anymore than I have to. Honestly, I tried the "flush" thing and couldn't tell a bit of difference in my end product, so I stopped. But I'm curious as to why you flush your plants so much since it only depletes the soil of any nutrients that it has in it? TWW

7. I flush it every month during veg. And beginning or flowering. And end of flowering. It works for me

8. I agree with WW^^^, flushing too much rips valuable oxygen from the rootzone, and is an obvious cause of root rot etc etc, if you are so concerned about whats in your soil, go 100% organic next grow, leave out the bottled sewage, for the noobs, up your game also ups the quality of your weed and obviously your methods.
    Save one plant aside, mark it with a tag, and flush as you will, leave the rest under the sog screen, I doubt very much if you notice any difference, test by looking for the lighter colored ash...later
    the answer to this is very much in the way and style you grow, also you can successfully foilar feed your plants rather than contaminate the soils and rootzone

for many the SCROG starts in early veg, so the plants grow up thru the screen, growing up thru the screen in early flowering , implies you only want the plants to stretch thru the screen, which is not taking full advantage..? of this method

9. I don't flush a lot

Just in case I have a mute problem or deficiency. I just want to know if anyone has encountered this problem

10. About three weeks to finish water only

11. The basic idea to flush before switching to flower nutes is to reduce the nitrogen and any salt build up, which is often a soil issue, especially when over fertilizing (higher ppm than needed)

Flushing is much easier to accomplish when using hydro, specifically, flood and drain

Final flush is employed to remove salt build up inside the plant. This is accomplished by using a diluted ppm which pulls more stored nutes out. Again, difficult to do when using soil

12. I know. And this is my problem

I'm in soil. So how do I flush. Especially when I'm SCROGGIN

13. Just another reason to go hydro

14. stand by for all the hate. I use bottled nutrients sparingly and never flush for harvest. I have flushed before switching to flowering to remove salt build up in the root zone. Nice to see another grower who knows a bit about nutrient application.