Smoke Report of Pro GMO, 5 strain review

Discussion in 'Smoke Reports' started by UppercaseVII, Nov 3, 2015.

1. I'll be doing a 5 strain review here. This is my first time reviewing a strain, so please forgive me if I'm not descriptive enough. I'm going to put them in separate posts just to make it easier to differentiate between them. (And so I can take a break from writing these.)

Strain: Creamy Caramel
    RATE SCALE: * bad to ***** good

BAG APPEAL: 5/5
    Really fluffy buds. A cool mix of a few different shades of green ranging from darker shades to just barely on the light side.

THE SMOKE: 4.5/5

Creamy is a great word to put in the name of this strain. When burned, the flavor is very soft and leaves you mouth with that same feeling you get after drinking milk. I know that sounds like I'm trying to be poetic, but I was sufficiently high when I wrote these notes, which I will cover in the next section.

THE HIGH: 5/5
    I put this strain first because I couldn't wait to gush about it. The high was phenomenal. It was a musical high, if that makes sense. After quite a few sessions with this strain, every time I realized that I was just basically singing to myself the whole time. It's only ever happened with this strain, as far as I can recall. I write lyrics on occasion, and I couldn't put the pen down after three or four one-hitters.

Next Strain to follow soon. It's bedtime for me right now.

2. UC do not be shy to add the bad. I have thick skin as well, if it too bad I will tell my daughter to leave u. Lol!

3. ok, like upper case, i'm not a reviewer, but have quite a bit of experience.:) I was lucky enough to get a hold of some of Pro GMO 2's Papaya... here are my 2 cents..

The Look (4/5) - The buds were nice sized and smelled great and pretty tight. They have a darker look if you can see past the nice orange hairs throughout. I was told that the cure or harvest didn't go exactly as planned and I could tell as the buds were a bit spongy and therefore didn't burn quite as nice in my bowl as it may have. Still, this bud looked and smelled fantastic and it was hard to hold off until after work to try it out. Turns out I didn't have to… more on that later.

The Smoke (4.5/5) - I'm an old school glass bowl kinda guy. This stuff was sweet and made me want to do a thorough cleaning, and try it again. The taste, while not necessarily papaya in my opinion, did taste kind of fruity and tropical. You definitely get a nice buzz right off that bat which settles into an even better one after a few minutes.

The Buzz (5/5) - I loved this buzz. It's predominantly an Indica strain, but this stuff has more of sativa "working" high. Based on the killer look of the bud when I got it, I decided to be a good corporate citizen and wait until work was over. Turns out, I didn't need to. I'm a do-stuff kind of smoker, I don't get lazy or tired often regardless of strain. The buzz is nice and clean and I am able to stay focused and on task, even while working on complicated web coding. If fact, I felt more focused than normal, and it came with a side of creativity and energy. After a couple sessions toward the end of the day, I did find maybe some of the indica creepin up, but I tend to fall asleep on the couch most nights anyway… so who knows.

Overall (5/5) - This review may be skewed because this is some of the best bud I have had in 13 years since moving from cali here to the burbs of Florida. I could tell the bud was grown with care. It reminded me of my days at the Grateful Dead shows on the west coast in the 90s when the northern cali kind was everywhere. It's nice to be back!

4. #4 Pro GMO 2, Nov 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2015
    Roobz thanks for the kind words. Yeah. Look for a thread called the Papaya that won't diya or something like that. This plant had all the reasons not to survive. It is a testament to the strain's hardiness.

During harvest it was only day 2 of drying when my dad paid a surprise visit. I had to start curing wet bud. It was a month or longer burping and careful monitoring to prevent mold. The end result is a bud thAt has the elasticity of cured tobacco leaf. Smokes better when ground and rolled. Very good vaped.

Next up u can rate the cream caramel and bubblelicious. Check out the smells when ground. Did you smoke whole bud or ground bud?

Take care and see u soon.

5. #5 Pro GMO 2, Nov 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2015
    Looks like UC quit on me. Bummer.

6. No problem Pro GMO 2... I'm stoked that i got the opportunity to try it out. I don't have a grinder, but I did find it smokes way better when broken up. I could see how it would do great in a vap. I lost half of my Atmos which handles dry herb... might have to fix that up.

Looking forward to the cream caramel and bubblelicious!

7. Next time I see ya I will toss in a grinder. The online vaporizer companies often toss them in as freebies.

8. Happy Veteran's Day to all that served!

9. <del></del>Well, I'm going to try to review bubblicious. I will say that I do think my last review of Papaya was, as I said, skewed due to the absence of good buds in my current world. I liked the bubblicious more than the papaya overall, mainly because of the consistency of the papaya bud due to the curing it went through, so, if i'm giving this one a 4.5, adjust my earlier papaya review down to 4.25 only for that reason. Still loved the energetic buzz of the papaya though.

The Look 5/5: The bubblicious buds were beauties. They were nicely formed and looked like little models from the center of high times green and sugary. the bag didn't have a bubblegum smell to it necessarily, but when you pick up an individual bud and give it a little hug, the candy-like smell definitely comes out.

The Smoke 4.5/5: On recommendation of a friend, I used a grinder, given to me by said friend. This really brings the taste out. The bud was perfectly cured so it wants to burn, very smooth. I have a notoriously bad pallette, so don't go by me on taste. But, I did get a “sweet” kind of aftertaste. Not like poppin bubbles with hubba bubba, but there was a sugary sweetness.

The buzz 4/5: The buzz was excellent. I don't think it was as strong as the cream caramel (as identified earlier in the thread), and definitely not as strong as the red poison, but it was quite nice. It did not have the same “energy” that that papaya had with the buzz, and I do like the sativas or sativa-oriented smoke. The leftover halloween candy stood no chance after a few tokes of this bud.

Overall 4.5/5. I have been sold bud advertised as “bubblicious” or “bubble gum”, I can say the high of this particular batch was better than what I expected based on past experience. You can tell that it was done right. I was dying to try to the creamy caramel, and it is great, but the bubblicious definitely holds it's own. A great adult candy.

10. #10 roobzinfl, Nov 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2015
    Also, regarding the creamy caramel, or cream caramel or whatever it's called, I can't agree with @UppercaseVII more, that is as they used to say back in my day, fucking awesome. The bud tastes great and the buzz, ya..musical works for that too.

Oh, side note, cream caramel goes almost perfectly with a Sam Adams. Not my favorite beer, but the caramel flavors work together.

11. oh and i forgot for some reason..... cream(y) caramel 5/5

12. Ha-ha good reports. I appreciate the input. Next up is red poison and pressed qwiso.

13. #13 Pro GMO 2, Nov 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2015
    Roob,
    I appreciate the Hulk gift!

It had some nice vivid colors which is a great bag appeal. The lemon smell could have tricked a blind man! Smell and bag get a 4.7.

The taste was smooth and while the first few hits seemed bland after about a third of the way thru the raw wrapped delight something came together. It had a subtle creamy finish to my taste buds. Not harsh at all and a credit to the boys in Colorado. The bud was a little drier than I like but it burned evenly. 4.0

The buzz was about a 5 hour period, as u know I grow but am an infrequent smoker. The first 3 hours were up and around with a clear not fuzzy head. After that I fought off the couch lock as much as I could. 4.0 here as well.

Overall a good 4.1 or so. How would u describe the Hulk with ur experienced smoking? Thanks again and thanks to this sites networking that allowed us to meet. I may open or upgrade to a new paid membership because of this unexpected and very cool meetings we have had.

14. Glad you like the Hulk Pro!

After round 2 with the Papaya, a grinder and vape pen... I have to say it's my favorite bud/buzz of the lot. the red poison knock's me off my feet... super stoney with more of an indica high than the hybrid high of the Papaya. I am really diggin the papaya... I wll have to take a pic of those buds..wow :) I will also write up the Red Poison here asap. I haven't spent much time with Red yet. Been so busy over the Thanksgiving break. Hope everyone on GC had a good one!

15. Roob, I hope u and the fam had a nice thanksgiving. I appreciate the input. If u get a chance, post some pics here as well. I hulked out last night and slept in the tent in the back yard. My son has a bad cough so I slept solo. My wife came down and messed with me a bit. I love the cool air when sleeping. Look forward to our next lunch. I am making e juice right now. Probably ready I the next week or so. Did u get to try the hashes?

16. The red poison came out a little blurry, but still a beaut. I have not tried the hash yet, but I am looking forward to doing that soon. Lunch sound good, maybe that burger place this time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• RP.jpg
      RP.jpg
      File size:
      294.4 KB
      Views:
    • papaya.jpg
      papaya.jpg
      File size:
      255.8 KB
      Views:
    • RP.jpg
      RP.jpg
      File size:
      294.4 KB
      Views:
  17. #17 Pro GMO 2, Dec 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2015
    U are awesome brother! Thanks for the pics. Maybe next time u Will have a big bud to take pics of. Use a lighter in the pic so we can get a good measurement of the size of u do not mind.

18. Very nice read thanks pro and to all that took the time to review

19. my daughter's boyfriend started it but then decided to bail. Roobz is taking the lead. He is a very experienced smoker which helps. My secret has been revealed. As u probably know I do not flush and use bottled nutrients. I wanted to get some unbiased reviews and to make a point about what I consider marijuana myths.
    Thanks for taking the time to post up.

20. Awesome thanks for sharing... Good stuff