Getting back in the gym

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by stolou, Oct 29, 2015.

1. So it's been almost two years since I left the gym ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1446154150.182739.jpg
    Trying to get back to my physique I had at 19, 23 now in great shape but much smaller

• Like Like x 2
  2. You look great, stolou. Nice build. I like small, well built guys.

3. i need to get back in there as well. My traps, chest, biceps and triceps got nice and swole (creatine), and I got all lazy and ate garbage food and now have to try to get that back.

4. man u already big. whats the deal man lol

5. I need to start crushing it in there again, too. I've gotten kinda lazy over the last month or two, only working out once or twice a week. I've let my cardio go all to shit...Fuck.

6. Start with small runs and modest slopes, increase increase the intensity, you'll get better every week, if you miss a session dont feel guilty see it as recovery period but dont get too comfortable. Push harder every next week

7. I was just talking to the wife about this the other day, we used to go almost everyday. It's been months. There is a new gym in town though so I'll probably check them out as they're a bit cheaper and dont require a contract.

8. Working out can be easy if you apply yourself, just like anything in life. Rather than watching shitty TV for an hour, go to the gym for an hour. Hell, even go for a walk and get the bloom pumping. A sedentary life is a sad life, IMO.

9. I'm 19 now give me some advice :/

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Lift big. Get in there and push yourself to exhaustion at least 4 days a week. Most important is diet. What you put in is what you'll get out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  11. yeah I've been trying to get protein in my diet. Since I'm 6'2 I've been eating 3k calories will add more afterwards

12. Been going hard for a year now, 6'2", went from 129 lbs to 174 lbs in exactly a year.

Mirin' the chest gains dude, seems hard for me to put on chest mass, going to do a lot higher volume on my chest days from here on out.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Deadlift... all else comes after.

14. Currently am! Trying to get to the 1k club!

15. At a young age... Practicing good form is important. Learn some bad habits now and you will pay for it with injuries later.

16. Like bad posture. I see countless old people with hunch backs.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Grasscity Forum mobile app