cнσcσℓαтε ℓσgs вιg ℓιттℓε (σяgαηιc) gяσω - sσυтн αғяιcαη sυη v2.0

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Chocolate Log, Oct 29, 2015.

1. It's in a documentary - I'll look for a link sometime...

~GHG~

2. Thanks man. Appreciate it.[​IMG]

3. #23 Chocolate Log, Nov 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2015
    A little update here for whoever's interested.

I decided to LST my little ones, after a little deliberation. I think the lower nodes could use a little love too.
    DSC_0086.JPG
    DSC_0087.JPG
    DSC_0088.JPG
    DSC_0089.JPG

I sort of super cropped one of them, as I ran out of wire.

I've left my tiny Cali Orange untouched because it's still a bit frail to toy with. It's slowly, very slowly, gaining momentum.
    DSC_0085.JPG

And as always, my thriving beauty. At just over 5 weeks old. This thing is going to be a monster by February.
    DSC_0092.JPG

I'll just keep doing what I'm doing. Good old tap water and Nitrosol once a week seems to be working pretty well for me.

I'll keep you updated.
    cнσcσℓαтε ℓσg

Attached Files:

4. Looks good from here!

5. Thank you, GHG, for your constant support. It's always appreciated.

6. There are several PBS and BBC documentaries along the lines I mentioned earlier :) Interesting if you're at all nerdy I suppose, lol...

Support? Looks like you have it under control!! You have a good thread going, keep it up! Some pages get all the love for whatever reason... hahah. Honestly, I haven't been on GC all that long, but I figured there would be a lot more activity. Or at the very least, more random traffic to the pictures I post, but no... At first I thought everyone in GC probably thought I was some undercover business, lol.. But, I've just more or less come to the realization that many of the folks in here are a tight nit family of GC stoners and I'm just another random newbie... :)

~GHG~

7. #27 Chocolate Log, Dec 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2015
    <span style="font-size: 16px;">UPDATE NO. 8</span>

<span style="color: #000000;"><span style="font-size: 16px;">So we've been experiencing a bit of drought recently and devastating heatwaves (40 degrees C in the shade). I went to work and forgot to put my little ones in the shade, with dire consequences. I got home and three or four leaves on each of my plants had been burnt to a crisp. I was heavily saddened by this so I decided to to turn a bad situation into a better one (though I may have turned a bad situation into an even worse one in hindsight).</span></span>
    <span style="color: #000000;"><span style="font-size: 16px;">
    </span></span>
    <span style="color: #000000;"><span style="font-size: 16px;">So there my poor, defenseless vegetation sat, fried in some parts but healthy considering they had probably withstood temperatures in excess of 50 degrees. I got my nippers and hesitantly started cutting away the singed leaves. But I didn't stop there.</span></span>
    </span></span>
    <span style="color: #000000;"><span style="font-size: 16px;">I thought it would be a good idea to try thin out the canopies a bit to allow the lower nodes to access some more light. Here is the result:</span></span>
    </span></span>
    <span style="color: #000000;"><span style="font-size: 16px;">2/12/15
    </span></span>
    DSC_0095.JPG DSC_0097.JPG
    DSC_0094.JPG

This one wasn't too damaged, only one leaf tip was burnt. So I just snipped the damaged tip off.
    DSC_0096.JPG

Even more surprisingly my smallest plant, the Cali Orange, suffered little to no damage.
    DSC_0099.JPG

My big girl was not damaged in the slightest. She just soaked the intense UV rays right up. Here she is (in sleep mode):
    DSC_0103.JPG
    DSC_0105.JPG

Fun Fact: Beetles enjoy a bit of the old green from time to time:
    DSC_0102.JPG

And then this little one who you may recognize from previous posts:
    DSC_0101.JPG

Lastly, the most minuscule plant I have ever grown (extremely healthy though):
    DSC_0100.JPG

That's it for now guys. Here's hoping I didn't screw up by cutting some fan leaves off. But I think they'll recover just fine.

As always, thanks for watching.

Regards,
    cнσcσℓαтε ℓσg

<span style="color: #000000;"><span style="font-size: 16px;"> </span></span>
    </span></span>
    </span></span>

8. Hah! You? A newb? Please.

I think there are many visitors, but most just like to browse and don't feel obliged to comment. And that's fine by me, as long as I'm spreading my love for this marvelous plant.

That video looks intriguing. I'm going to check it out and let you know my thoughts.

Keep well man.[​IMG]

9. Being off season for the northern hemisphere the outside journals are always slow at this time of year.. I follow a couple of Down Under threads as that's about all there is running in Dec outdoors.. A couple of us Southern California people do full time outside like mrsilly and myself where it doesn't freeze or just lightly frosts a few nights a year..
    Ya some threads move pages a day and others just the owners post on.. We all tend to follow threads like ours with relevant styles we can pickup useful tips and tricks from.. I don't follow many pure hydro threads as it's just to far off what I do.. Most of the talk might as well be a foreign language as far as I'm concerned.. LOL that said I do drop in on a couple just because it's a friend of a friend or another geographically close grower.. I follow several in So Cal like that..
    Your plants should recover just fine from the slight cooking.. Most of all protect the containers from direct sun.. The sun shining on the pot sides will cook the roots in very little time.. The topside can stand all the sun it can get and extreme temps shouldn't burn it.. Once I started wrapping a towel around the tray protecting the pots my seedlings and tiny clones took the full sun all day with no issues..
    BNW

10. I suppose, I'm just excited about seeing and reading it all. I started my journey in DWC, then Ebb and Flow buckets, and now soiless. Working my way into some organic stuff. Put a few things in the Pro-mix I used for the plants in purgatory. Some EWC, Lime, etc... Wow! Serious impact on growth right there! I have fallen in love with worm turds! Organic chats get pretty deep as well, lol... I also still need to try some pure coco. That should pretty well round out my grow experience, especially since I don't know that I will be allowed to really even grow after July next year. At least with any legal cover... The sad thing is, I'm just starting to get good at this!

~GHG~

11. I had easy low cost dispensary access for to long and when the local city went insane and forced all the shops out is when I started growing.. It's my biggest fear that some 2 bit city council without full city vote can with the stroke of a pen make what I'm doing against the law.. Shit was to wide open in California for to long and I fear the backlash will be bad news for all the small growers.. I just want to be left the fuck alone to grow for ME.. I'm not trying to make a profit just leave me alone.. Way to many cities and counties saw the Riverside decision as a free ticket to pass a bunch of bans and wild regs on it..
    So far Los Angeles county is unrestricted and my local city within that county hasn't passed anything on the backyard level yet.. Most of the city council meetings are aimed at the much larger warehouses and storefronts but I watch close all the meetings and read the minutes..
    With a bunch of measures on the 2016 ballot for some form of legalization change is coming I just fear it'll all be aimed at filling somebodies back pocket at my expense..
    BNW

12. After my 20 in the Army with tours in Iraq, Kosovo and Macedonia... plus the added hardship tour in Korea. I too just want to be left alone!!! I knew that there would be some sweeping changes to medical, but I didn't think they would go all draconian, when medical keeps cropping up on ballots all over the nation. I've been growing pretty hard for a year now.. full tilt as I can muster in this little square patch of mine. The perception is that you just toss a few seeds in the ground and out comes green cash... Growing good weed is an art and it can be a lot of work, more work than most would even hazard to guess. Not everyone can grow or wants to grow. I don't see why a small farmer can't legitimately fill those needs through farmers markets etc... I suppose all I can say is that with legalization come desensitization and acceptance. At some point, cannabis will be behind the counter at 7/11, made in other countries for pennies and shipped here. Last I heard companies in India were bidding for contracts in NY to provide medical marijuana.

I was following the political landscape for a while, but it's frustrating watching these bastards close the door on me. It's frustrating that I have to do some regular song and dance to even be a medical patient, but all but eliminating it isn't regulation by de facto. With attitudes as pervasive as DEA head, Rosenberg's still out there in positions of power, but in favor of some recreational regulated use,... well, that's socially sick in my mind.

Sorry for the bit of a rant there!!! hahahaha... bit baked out... should be watering the garden... gonna get on that now!

~GHG~

13. Yes, I realize now that my mistake was leaving them in the (almost black) container to bake. From now on I'll be taking them out of the bucket during the day. I would try the towel thing but I don't really have any spare towels lying around. Funny how one little slip up can almost destroy something so dear to you.

Well... Lesson learned.[​IMG]

14. #34 Chocolate Log, Dec 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2015
    Regulations are also really tight here. In fact, catching people with a little bud seems to be higher up on the agenda than catching serious felons like rapists, hijackers and murderers. It makes me sad to open the local paper every week and see pictures of these sick pigs with looks of glee on their faces as they clutch bags upon bags of something that took someone so much time and effort to grow, whilst violence and theft runs rampant.

I've had shit stolen from me through my window, while I was asleep, on three occasions now. But of course, uprooting plants is far more important and far easier for them than to tackle the real problems at hand.

I fucking hate this country, but the weather here is great.[​IMG]

15. And of course far more lucrative for our militarized police, since they can seize everything... and buy more assault vehicles to help keep our streets safer. Where's Andy Griffith these days?

~GHG~

16. I noticed your thread choco love. Your plants have certainly experienced some excitement in their lives. ;)
    Looks like you have managed to help them survive and even get to a very good point. That is very good indeed.

Putting some type of mulch on the top of the soil will allow for better soil moisture retention, more widespread and vigorous root growth, and allow more of the soil microbiology, the bacteria and fungi, to become active again.

Nice efforts. I am sure you will get to a harvest point yet with your good attitude. :D

17. I also noticed that i wrote the wrong name. lolz Chocolate Log

18. Thank you EyeC. I always love getting some feedback.

These plants started out poorly but with approximately 2 months to go until flowering, I'd say they're coming on strong.

My smaller ones seem to have a little more Indica in them than my large one. It's anyone's guess, though, as to what type of bud structure they'll have. As I've stated before, these are all grown from bag seed so I don't really know what I'm going to get. What I do know is that my smaller ones are from last year's nanners, so I'm almost guaranteed that they'll all be female.

The bark in my soil seems to provide a decent amount of water retention but I might look into putting some grass cuttings on top of that too, like I noticed in your posts (outstanding plants by the way).

Anyway, I took some pics yesterday so here they are:
    DSC_0051.JPG
    DSC_0052.JPG
    DSC_0054.JPG

They're branching out nicely, like I'd hoped.
    DSC_0053.JPG

And then there's this gorgeous monstrosity:
    DSC_0055.JPG
    DSC_0056.JPG
    DSC_0057.JPG

It's getting too big to fit into the frame on my camera. I don't really know what I can do to control the height of this beast. I don't even think LST would be effective at this point, though I might give it a try.

No problem man, it happens [​IMG]. Thank you for your interest bud.

19. That big plant is striking. //static.grscty.com//public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.png Very lovely leaves. Looks like some kind of haze.

I actually had barley grass growing in my containers before i put my transplants in there to keep the soil active. It dies back once plants get too big in flowering and shade them out. I do use grass clippings and other dried and fresh leaves as mulch all the time.

Feel free to stop by my thread any time. thanks for looking in. Keep on growing. :)

20. [​IMG]

Usually outside I don't need to limit my height except for a couple of sites that can be seen from the street if I let them get to tall..
    In late flower to bend an older stiff main stalk just take some pliers and crush a length of the stem a few inches long.. Older wood will need a longer crush zone.. Up to 12 inches I've used to get a stubborn sativa to bend over.. I usually have to weight or tie them down or they'll just try and stand back up in spite of the damage to the branch..
    Just something to try.. I know it sounds rough but it'll let you bend a branch that would normally just snap and cost you that top or branch.. Try it on a top or 2 and judge the results your self..
    BNW