How to beat a Smart Meter??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Toka-Cola, Feb 20, 2007.

1. So far none of my friends have gotten any trouble from smartmeters. I must admit though: we're under alot less pressure on this side of the atlantic. You've got those pesky nazi neighbors to your south and they tend to ruin anything they get within bombing range of... Just because things are cool here on the emerald isle:smoking:, doesnt mean you can relax out your way. We all know the risk we take, and even if they only catch 1 guy, u could be that guy. In our case it's ok to be paranoid: they REALLY ARE out to get us. You never know if that's the nazis at ur door

2. tlc so true brother over here in canada we had the american drug czar preaching to our politicians how evil weed is and how its everyones responsibilty to fight the war on drugs and to get rid of the evil weed because its a gateway drug...FUCK THEM THE ONLY GATEWAY DRUG AROUND IS TOBACCO AND BOOZE AND THE GOVERNMENT HAS BEEN GETTING RICH FROM THOSE 2 DRUGS FOR DECADES...FUCK THE GOVERMENT AND STAY SAFE PEACE

3. So true ! Being someone who is in constant pain I have to laugh sometimes at the way things are portrayed. I've taken all or most of the legal prescibed drugs since my injuries. I was exposed to MJ at a very early age. Now a few decades later, I know that the only true gateway drugs are the ones that are in front of us and our kids everyday. I can't think of any gas stations, convenience stores or super market for that matter that doesnt have some kind of advertisement in your face from the time you pull in to the time you leave about alcohol or tobacco. I smoked cigarettes for many years. I know without any hesitation that tobacco is the hardest drug by any means that I have ever had to quit. Without stretching this out to some real super long rant I will close with this. If alcohol can generate so much money for the economy then why not MJ. :rolleyes:

4. here, here. I agree completely with your opionions on my beloved mj. hope ya'll don't think we're all nazis down here. most of us aren't, really. most are sheep that don't realize the control they are submitting to. they don't see how these prohibition laws are in direct contradiction to our own constition of independance, or don't care. I guess this condition might be similar everywhere, no? peace all, from a non-nazi american.

5. I think eventually it will be the same everywhere, US economic bullying is worse than the bombing (I apologize for the flippant remark if you live in a "fly-over zone"). And no, as a former citizen I know most yanks are good peeps. Problem is the law enforcement agencies there are too well funded and grossly overpowered. Years ago federal funding of the police force was cut in half, but the $$ from tickets and fines goes to the precient that issued it... Yes you heard right: The police stations run as FOR PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS. You're ticket goes to pay for the nightvision goggles and survelance equipment that gets more busts, that hire more cops, that make them even more money... sounds pretty corrupt aye? You should see it over here, underpaid, undermanned, underequiped, and you wouldn't believe it FRIENDLY is what Irish cops are! An Irish friend described the US as a police state to me once. "Nah, land of the free this is" I replied.(Sure didn't the songs they made us sing in elementary tell us it was so, lol!) he says "Really? When you pull up to a stoplight and there is a cop at the intersection, and you're doin absolutely nothing wrong, do you get nervous?" He was right, it's not like that here. Freedom tastes really good, if you ever get the oppurtunity, you should try it

6. TLC so true brother ive always believed that america is a police state that is run by corporations and politicians all have their masters ie corporations.hopefully its just a matter of time that the people stand up against this tyranny and do something about it .but it is extremly hard to see through all this bullshit when the media is run bye big buisness and the wool is pulled over everyones eyes.thank god its not like that up here in canada well not yet anyway but that could change for the worse.Land of the free should be changed to land of the incarcerated since they have the worlds largest prison population per capita......peace

7. This thread could go on like a Michael Moore documentary! I'll try to wrap up the anti-establishment rant with this: guys like us tend to be the cute'n'cuddly type. There is no such thing as paranoid for us, cuz cute'n'cuddly are undesirable traits to have in prison. Study the laws and techniques used to enforce them very carefully, always talk in code, always walk that extra mile, spend that extra few $$ to stay off the radar. Your friends may laugh at you, but it's not a funny matter. Once the fuzz know what your about they will never ever really leave you alone. I packed my bags 8yrs ago and I'll never return, I count myself the lucky one. I heard recently that one of my lads' parol hearing is coming up soon... There is no shame in being scared. Always play it safe

:love: to u all

8. yep its time to put it to rest. :cool:

9. TLC guys like us tend to be the cute'n'cuddly type........Well speak for yourself im not cute and definitly not cuddly....

10. Tell that to the mutiple homicide/rape cellmate they feel fit to bunk you with, his idea of cute'n'cuddly might be different to yours. Then look forward to the day you get the cell all to yourself, his stint might be shorter than yours....

:love: to you all (unless you get busted, then it's best not you get no love)

11. Had to write something...loving this thread. US a policed Nation...UUh YEAH. Land of the free - hahaha home of the brave - hahahahah!!!!!

Land of the free....if your a multimillionaire. Espically if you made that money from oil, alcohol, tobacco and firearms. Everyone knows the ATF has their own police like agents right?? They are not cops, they simply act as the law because thay have to money to pay off TPTB!

Home of the brave - it used to be called the draft. It was fight, or be condemded by your own country and jailed indefinately!! Thats not bravery...thats fear of indefinate inprisonment!

I wish more people in the US would open their eyes and try to see the unclouded, non-media biased, Politically influenced truth. We do not live in a Democracy...closer to a Dictator nation I would say.

12. IslandMon so true brother,i wish more americans would wake the fuck up,then again the Elite of america dont want you to open up your eyes because its in their best interest to leave things alone so they can keep exploiting the poor and making their millions $$.HEY TLC if its your first offense for mary jane cultivation up here in Canada very rarely will u do time for examnple a farm got busted here in Manitoba growing 5000 yes 5000 plants and 50 pounds yes 50 pounds of weed and a 100,000 in cash.The 3 guys who go taken down 2 of them got fines and no jail and the 3rd guy i guess he was the ring leader he got 6 months HOUSE ARREST.Fucking Canada is greAT.So boys come to the great white north and plant your seeds............stay safe and peace......

13. If you have a couple of 1000 Watt floodlights in your yard it will do the same thing. How about running a dryer or a welder. These meters may be "Time of Use". During the day when industry is working, electricity is at a premium. At night elect is cheap. I pay 11 cents per Kilowatt hr, daytime can run to 47 cents. Pay your bills on time, put a sign in your front yard that says, "Another New All Electric Spa Installed by Blah Blah." The meter reader sees that and thinks thats where the juice goes.
    Greenfrog

14. greenfrog what country u in?btw good ideas.

15. I have smart meter(pure digital) and it will kill u on ur eletric bill. Theres no known bypass at the moment-. I also ran 2 digital 1k ballast on seperate 30 amp breakers with a larger cap inline and never got red flagged in 1.5 years.--But to each his own--Carefull.:smoking:

16. The funny think is--the outside housing is a thick plastic instead of glass. Hmm--but looks to be tamper resistent with scanning tech. to alert if tampered:(

17. NEWS:

Not everyone sold on Smart Meters
    PG&E hails new system, but some say they will come with higher charges
    by Reed Fujii, Central Valley Record
    Contact: Contact reporter Reed Fujii at (209) 546-8253 or rfujii@recordnet.com

Use of modern electronics approved by state regulators should allow Pacific Gas & Electric Co. to do without meter readers tending 9 million meters every month, and let customers save money by shifting their energy usage, utility officials said.

But a consumer watchdog group says the new meters won't reduce electrical use and cost ratepayers millions in higher charges.

Over the next five years, PG&E will install 5 million new electric SmartMeters, which can communicate with and be controlled by the utility com-pany over power lines, and place radio-communication modules on about 4 million natural gas meters throughout its Northern California service area. They will start showing up in San Joaquin County in 2008.

"SmartMeter will more than pay for itself," said Paul Moreno, a PG&E spokesman. "Over the lifetime of the project, it is projected not only to pay for itself but provide additional financial benefits."

Cost of the project, approved Thursday by the California Public Utilities Commission, is estimated at $1.74 billion.

Utility officials say most of these costs will be offset through savings in operation, such as reduction in employees to service meters, and power-procurement savings.

But to help initially fund the changeover, PG&E is seeking rate increases that for the average residential customer with both gas and electric service will range from 49 cents to 99 cents per month for the first five years, and decrease afterward.

Raising rates to pay for the new meters is unjustified, said a spokeswoman for The Utility Reform Network, an electric utility watchdog group based in San Francisco.

"It is going to raise customers' bills and cost customers at least $1.7 billion. What we don't know is will there be any benefit," said Mindy Spatt, TURN media director. "It doesn't create enough savings to justify the customers' costs. ... Why not look for a program that will reduce rates instead of raise them?"

With the new electric meters, PG&E will be able to reach customer usage hour by hour and offer all users time-variable electric rates - much like long-distance telephone charges - with the highest rates charged on hot summer afternoons and lower rates at night, in the winter and on weekends.

"When we buy electricity from generators, it's very cheap if we want to buy power at night, but its most expensive if we want to purchase it during the afternoon of a business day during summer," Moreno said.

However, Spatt said such an approach fails to encourage people to use less energy.

"The program basically says use as much as you want, just don't use it during peak demand," she said.

"The main problem with peak demand is air conditioning, so why not institute programs that directly address the use of air conditioners on hot afternoons?"

Moreno said time-variable rates will do more than simply shift electric use, "It also encourages people to conserve during peak periods."

That will have longer-range benefits as well, he argued. The state's power system has to be built to meet peak summer demand and runs at far less than capacity at other times.

"If you can lower that peak demand, you can make not only better use of resources but you're going to get the benefit of less reliance on fossil-fuel generation and defer the need for more power production infrastructure."

The SmartMeters were tested in a statewide pilot program that saw at least one such meter deployed in Stockton, Moreno said.

Installation of the new devices, a 5-year project, will begin this fall in the Bakersfield area and slowly move northward.

Moreno said SmartMeters will begin to be installed in the Manteca area in late 2008 and through the rest of San Joaquin County in 2009.

The new electric meter is virtually identical in size and appearance to existing electric meters, but contains an electronics module. The gas SmartMeter module is a small part that can be added to an existing gas meter.

Dozens of utilities in the United States and abroad already employ such advanced meters, however, PG&E's program is the largest of its kind in the United States.

18. FUNK420 good read so these fuckers in the electric company want you guys to help pay for them and then you guys will have lower gas bills afterwards.lol right companys do not install high tech equipment just so they can lower your bill especially not in the U.S.A

19. The US electrical grid is old and troublesome, at least once the entire eastern seaboard was saved from blackout only by it's link to Canada's system. It is likely Canada is selling juice to the US, though I can't say that for sure. With energy becoming an ever greater concern expect to see more and more power monitoring systems in the future. This isn't the power company targeting the likes of us. They have much bigger concerns than one house drawing a few extra kilowatts, though they may call out to ask where your juice is going, they are trying to compile statistics, every profitable organization does. Have an explanation prepared for your usage, and don't be scared if the electric company van rolls up.

This doesn't mean however that law enforcement agencies won't take advantage of this improved statistical information to ruin your life: that's the business they are in!

:love: to you all

20. TLC soo true well in Manitoba,Canada where im from we export huge amounts of electricity to U.S.A and were currently underway building another MEGA hydro electric dam here in the province.and in turn Manitoba has or pretty close to the lowest electricity rates in North America, im not sure what our rates are as of right now this moment but it is low.anyway the electric company already knows how much electricity we use whether or not a smart meter is involved or not,they just know on a bi -monthly basis but with that info they can calculate how much we use on a daily basis.so on that my electric bill running 2x1000 watts lights +400 mh and 2 teenage kids and wife my bill is roughly 100$/per month 12 months out of the year,with A/C in the summer.witch isnt bad at all,and compared to my neighbors they use around the same and i dont think they grow.so in that respect im good but you can never let your guard down,hence this thread. p.s i think our rates are close to 10 cents per killowatt but i could be wrong .anyone in Manitoba know the rates?