BlackBerry Kings Kush Auto DWC Detailed Grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by InfinitiG35, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Looks like a sweet grow, I`m subbed. 75 is too warm, you will be battling root rot unless you keep res temps below 70. I bought a LG portable 10,000 BTU portable AC unit for less than $300 and it has taken all the stress out of maintaining proper environment. I keep it set to 71, this keeps my res 67 and canopy at 74 with lights on.

2. #42 InfinitiG35, Nov 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2015
    I know it, it's stressful lol. I might look into the AC, but I don't plan on growing but twice a year.

I'm getting some frozen water bottles in there today when I go to the grow room.

Edit. Got to thinking if I black out my bucket will it keep the temp down

3. blacking out your bucket will def help for a couple degrees. I have also seen some people wrap with insulation.

4. all reservoirs should be completely lightproof, wrapping them in black&white plastic sheeting works well for blocking light and reflecting it also

5. Man, tbh, I wouldnt worry too much about it. Better this way than no way, Right? Keep the grow up and keep us posted

6. My res temp was at 71 today, I think the hot weather of 80 degrees outside effected the temp. I still plan on blacking it out though asap.
    I took a closeup shot and it has a powdery looking substance on it, could it be mildew this early in? If you zoom in on the picture you will be able to see what I'm talking about. My humidity never goes over 60% and lowest it has been is 30%. The lowest tent temperature was 62 and highest was 79. My ballast is dimmed 50%. Should I go ahead and run full 600w or wait till I introduce nutes.

Attached Files:

7. Those new numbers sound a lot better. If you can maintain those temps you should be fine. The res is at the high end of the temp range but with some ice and/or res insulation you should be good.

To help keep my res cool, before I bought an AC unit (I try to maintain 65-67 and never exceed 70), I was using a large tapered plastic cup with a piece of stainless steel in the bottom for weight, i would fill with water and freeze then place the frozen cup snuggly in a net pot hole until it melts. It would take the temp down about 2 degrees.

In my opinion, with my limited experience, I would say do not switch the lights to full power/spectrum until you switch to 12/12. Also, keep in mind that when you do go to full power your temps are going to rise.

You prob have a little powdery mildew on your grow medium. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I do not think it is anything to worry about unless it is extreme. I cut white styrofoam plates to cover my medium from light to prevent the mildew. Hydro stores usually have white plastic covers with a hole in the middle for the stalk but the plates have worked great for me and cost near nothing. I live in area where the humidity is extremely low (usually no higher than 20%) and white powder mildew will form on my medium if it is not shaded from light.

Looks like a nice and healthy lil seedling.

8. Great choice on the setup by the way. I think you are going to get the most bang for your buck. If stealth was not such an issue for me I would be running about the same setup. You prob have half the $ invested in your setup and you will prob get 2x the yield of mine.

I know you said you are only planning on 2 harvest a year but after you get going I bet you will want a perpetual grow. Check out the small prop/veg tent I have, i spent about $150 on whole setup. It would allow you to clone and harvest every 6-8 weeks.

9. I'm using auto flower so no 12/12 here, I'm running 24/7 untill the little thing takes off.
    When I have to turn the light on fully my intake and exhaust will be running and should take care of the temperature issue (hopefully).
    If my state legalizes anytime soon I will def perpetual grow but for now I'll just stick to my twice a year harvest.

10. I don't see any powdery mildew, can you describe where you see it exactly?

The plant looks in perfect health, so I wouldn't change anything right now. I wouldn't give it 600w yet, I'd probably wait about 3 weeks in

11. I can't notice it in person but when I zoomed in close on the picture I seen it.
    And yea I was thinking they look pretty healthy to, my res temp is steady between 67-70 so I think the small heatwave messed my temps up.
    I don't want to stretch the plant I got it about 20 inches above the plant.

12. Gold, I have been following your threads for a bit now and I'm super impressed. You seem to be one of, if not the most experienced and intelligent dudes on here. If you have a min check out my journal. I haven`t got much input and I would be super stoked to get some input and improvement advice from you.

13. Wow that's quite a compliment, thank you, I'll check out your journal now

14. Yea I've seen you on ALOT of posts. You give solid info bud and I do appreciate it!

15. So I noticed my leaves dropping today, and the stem of my blackberry is turning purple/red. My water temp is at 70 and ph 5.5. Could the purplish Hugh be the genetics in the plant possibly? Can low humidity cause this?

16. Sorry got to stoned and forgot to add pic

Attached Files:

17. agreed Gold!...lol...looks like you have a fan club!...

Infiniti, how is the ladybug situation now?

18. They just up and left lol I killed probably 5 or 6 and haven't seen anymore thankfully.

19. There is nothing I can see that would alarm me. The red/purple can be from a lot of things. With this being such a purple strain it is expected. What is your EC or ppm?

20. Ppm is between 078-089.
    I think it's almost time to introduce nutes.