BlackBerry Kings Kush Auto DWC Detailed Grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by InfinitiG35, Oct 25, 2015.

1. That's my plan once I get off work In 2 hours.

2. Put them in the clays in a way that only the extreme edge of the roots can touch the water. Trust me, they will find their way in. Ph 6- 6.5 is fine. You should also check chlorine levels just to be safe. I like your setup and i see a potential in it.

3. The blackberry was the only one ready to go in the hydroton. I have it in there and the water ran up .25-.5" on the bet cup so maybe 2-3 mm of the root are in the water. While in the napkin it spit out a flower and grew kind of odd I have it under a 35w cfl to bring that leaf to stand up straight.

4. The blackberry is looking good. I'm going to consider today, day 1.
    The kings seed shell is about to fall off in the paper towel so I will get that one in the Dwc today also. I'm very excited about this.
    One question I have is how can I keep my ph from fluctuating over night? It was 5.9 15 hours ago and now is 7.2. Added more ph down but I don't want to have to add it twice a day.

Attached Files:

5. Ph rising like that is normal when you have no or very little nutrients in the water. Adjust it down to 5 once a day and let it creep up to 7 throughout that time. It will give it a good range. Once you adjust the ppm to about 300ppm in a week or two then you will find the ph becomes a lot more stable and for the second half of the grow you may not have to adjust at all, other than when you top up the reservoir

6. Hell yea thanks I was wondering why it did that. Hopefully it'll stabilize when I add nutes.

7. So I was in my tent checking my water and everything, a big ass wasp flew in like this the g was huge. I zipped it up real fast cause I fucking hate those bastards.

8. Is this my root starting to grow out of the net pot, this is my first grow and not 100% sure what it is.

Attached Files:

9. Beg for it not to be a root... this is rotten

10. Idk how it would be rot, my water temp is 68, ph stays from 5.5 to 6.0, 080 ppm.

11. it looks slimy, like bacteria. It's definitely not your tap root. The tap root will look like this

[​IMG]

12. That's what I was thinking, is this type of bacteria something I should get rid of?

13. if it's a mass of bacteria then yes, but I can't be 100% sure that's what it is. However, I'm 100% sure you don't want it in there. If you have enough air running through your water, you shouldn't have any problems with bacteria. Could you have dropped something in there when you were filling up the net pot?

14. those are good figures

15. No I keep it super clean, I soaked the the hydroton for like 60 hours in ph water and went straight from there and poured it in the net pot. When I get off work I'm gonna see if hasn't figure out what it is. And my air stones produce quite a bit of bubbles so I'm thinking it couldn't be that.

16. So the kings kush was a dud. I have another kings in a paper towel soaking. I had some pretty slimy stuff on 3 pieces of hydroton at the bottom of the net pot. I hated to have to take the plant out of it and clean it but it was a must. I put the other air stone in the blackberry bucket.

17. you were the one talking about ph up and down at walmart!...i went over to mine this past weekend and searched high and low....can you give me a shot of what your bottles look like?

shame about that kush, but it'll go better next time!...

18. Man I never bought it, I'm going to wait till I add nutes and see if I need it, I use regular distilled vinegar to lower my ph for the first week or two.
    But I do have to make a trip to wal.art this week and I'll snap a picture for you!

19. thanks...i ended up ordering some off of Amazon that should hold me, but a pic would be good so i know what to look for if i need more...

i am running NFTG nutes with my teas and with that line, apparently, you have to adjust the pH up rather than down and have to pH and ppm test everytime, so i figured i better have some up on hand, since the quick fix for that is baking soda and i hear it causes other probs cuz it is too sandy and gums up the works on uptake...

20. I think I've came down with a case of lady bugs. Not sure how considering my plant is only 4 days old.
    Yesterday I changed out my rez with fresh water and bam one day later this bacteria looking stuff came back. Just a little spot though. Would a 75 degree water temp cause this? It's been kind of warm the past 2 days and it rose the red temp a little. I have some bottles of water freezing as I type this to cool it down.

Attached Files: