Most valuable life lessons youve had?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by AbstractMinds, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Don't fully trust anyone but my self.

2. I'm too lazy to read all the pages so I'm probably repeating:

Wisdom is realizing you don't know shit, and neither does anyone else.

Be nice to nerds, you'll probably work for one some day.

Being right isn't always that important.

If you ever get married, be sure to want the person standing in front of you right now and not the person you want them to be. You will be disappointed if you try to change someone.

You can only help people that want to be helped and that know they need help.

If you can't be happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with anyone else.

NEVER compromise to fit in with anyone. Ever.

3. No matter how bad your situation might be, there is someone else, who's best day, was still worse than your worst day.

4. Ain't that the truth

5. Positivity makes you strong like bull.

6. Fast money isn't good money it comes with consequences

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. as long as there are two people on earth someone will want someone dead, truth.

There can never be lasting piece just as there is never truly lasting war, people can hide there animosity towards each other but everyone has skeletons and who you let see yours is the determining factor in wether it will be literal of figurative.

8. Don't trust pretty faces.

• Like Like x 1
  9. "Life's not fair"

10. Giving off a positive vibe and being a good person will attract good luck and having a negative attitude will attract bad luck

• Like Like x 1
  11. Be Kind and Be Happy :)

12. Everyone seems to be saying "be a good person and think positive"

I think we have our consensus.

13. Every one around you is fighting a battle you know nothing about.

14. Blessings Everyone,

I just sat down with a turkey and cheese wrap,

tipped backed some water,
    lit up some Northern Light Haze
    and read through all your beautiful posts
    when I got inspired to share what I've learned from you partakers of the Sacred Herb.

Mind and Body

Decisions and thoughts define us and our reality

so we should shift our perspectives and aim towards positivity.

Be skeptical but open minded,

and cultivate patience and perseverance least we miss out in life.

Put some effort in life,

but don't forget to relax and enjoy it by being fully present and aware.

Don't complain,

but do something about,
    and do it right the first time.

And of course,

when things get bad,
    avoid getting caught up
    but instead let go and continue to move towards that which we seek.

Self and Other

Treat all with respect : ourselves included.

Honor and be thankful for the blessings in life,
    especially our loved ones,
    for this moment is all there is.

Be kind and compassionate because it invites joy and happiness into the world.

Be honorable

and be true to who we are in actions, words, and thoughts.

Be consistent yet adaptable,

all the while seeking guidance from our intuition –
    our guide to complete fulfillment.

Surround ourselves with good energy.

Enjoy the Spaciousness of Being. For life it too short to waste on assholes.

While I cannot point to any one life lesson as the most valuable, one lesson that I have found very helpful is to listen and learn from others. And one thing I have learned from your posts is that there is ultimately no difference between Mind and Body or Self and Other. It's all energy. At least, that's what the physicists tell us.

Thanks everyone.

Blessings Be,
    Yogisuba

• Like Like x 1
  15. Trust everybody, don't trust the devil inside them.
    When life hands you lemons, paint that shit gold.
    Cause and effect in every freaking intention pays hard.
    The path to hell is paved with good intentions.
    Humility and acceptance of defeat is the first step to bravery.
    That which does not kill you makes you stronger.
    It's not the measure of anything that take's importance, but the value of things can never be summed.
    Hedonism manufactures selfishness and destruction, while asceticism breeds wisdom and patience.
    Hastiness brings nothing but turmoil, patience prospers for those who have it.
    Behind every lie is a truth, whether or not we accept the lie or the truth is a matter of choice.
    No depths of deceit can deliver the finding of absolute truths, genuine honesty teaches the nature of it.
    There is no amount of the physicality that can prove spirituality.
    If life is what we make of it, then who we are, is the consequence of our decisions and attitudes.
    Judgment proceeds before hypocrisy, but genuinely attempting to understand covers the whole problem altogether.
    Turn the other cheek does not mean becoming a coward, it means you don't take life for granted, and the ability to do so submits the aggressor to cause and effect.
    Karma does not obey anyone, rather obeying karma cancels it out completely after submitting absolutely to it.
    Free-will is not determined, but determinism points to the highest power having the absolute say over any other choice.
    We are all equal by value, we are all different by perspective.
    Experience molds the shape of the body, but the mind when aware can choose whether or not to obey the voracity of such.
    Be like the tides, it free-flows when it push and pulls, it seems soft in entry on certain days. But other days is hard and perilous, depending on the weather.
    There is a time and a season for everything underneath the sun.
    The rain falls on the just and wicked alike, life will judge us all with impartiality.
    Pantheism is the path to freedom, realizing God is conscious in every single molecule and fabrication of all of existence. You find free-will when you submit to the mystery of the absolute existential power.
    God is in all of us, whether or not we admit to our spirits, is whether or not we adhere to serenity.
    Nothing easy is worth anything, anything absolutely hard is worth dying for.
    Never take anything for granted, lest you lose it and become docile in your attempts to retrieval.
    Honesty is the path to becoming sincere, sincerity teaches the value of anything.
    Life is fair? Who knows? Life is unfair? Who knows? The spirit yearns for jealousy, but humility abides in the wise.

16. If it's yellow, let it mellow. If it's brown flush it down.

• Like Like x 2
  17. First time i heard that was on meet the fockers lol

18. take everything with a grain of salt.

19. Forgiveness.
    It will set you free!

• Like Like x 1
  20. don't ever wait. life will pass too quick

if someone promises you happiness but only on their terms and on their time, do not depend or trust them. They are users and liars.

Never trust a religious charity

karma is real, but sometimes people hold you back from your inheritance. they are parasites and negative noise

If someone calls you bro or brother, they will likely hold you in contempt and are two faced

If someone warms camo pants to a non violent protest, they are fake.

When a person tattles on you or is quick to find fault, they most likely are more prone to love a dildo than an actual person.