Why do cops shoot dogs?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by BigfuckingFirehose, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Yeah this was pretty fucked. An OPP (Ontario Provincial Police) Officer ran over an old German Sheppard who was deaf. He ran over the poor dog twice, and the dog was still moving, so he backed up and accelerated a third time and hit the dog real hard and the dog was still alive, so he gets out and shoots it afterwards. At least thats what the vid is suppose to show, I dont have the capacity to watch it and be able to sleep afterwards, so Im taking the internet's word for it.

2. Yeah, apparently the long needles in the stomach thing hasn't been done since the 80's. Though I remember a family member had to get rabies shots in the mid 90's and my dad went on and on about the foot-long needles in the stomach. I think maybe he was just trying to frighten us away from stray animals, but I believed it until recently. :p

3. Because they're little pussy ass bullies, that's why.

They'd cry like a bitch if someone bashed their door in and shot their animals to death in front of their eyes but they think bc they wear their badge they have carte blanche to do whatever they want. It's a symptom in an overall problem that's plagued police departments of all kinds for years now. Common sense & decency is a fading virtue in law enforcement.

4. #24 garrison68, Oct 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2015
    They did inject the belly with 21 shots, with a long needle in the past. Although much better today, and since the early 1980's, the procedure includes treatments where the bite occurred, which can be painful, and four shots of vaccine, usually in the upper arm, over the next two weeks.

http://newsok.com/whats-it-like-to-get-a-rabies-sh...

5. Well, theres several reasons, but to sum it up, theyre pigs

6. Easy solution to cops shooting dogs. Hint: Disarm the Police.

7. Because some people are assholes.

And cops are more likely to be assholes, it was documented in the Stanford Prison experiment.

8. Has anyone seen the video where the cop CALLS THE DOGS OVER from like 50 feet away, and when they slowly come towards him he starts blasting???

Attached Files:

9. #30 ReturnFire333, Nov 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2015
    You don't wait for a dog to bite you before you defend yourself from it, that's like letting a guy stab you before you shoot him. Dogs can puncture an artery.

A cop has to assess the situation and the threat at hand, and make a determination if he needs to shoot or not. Some cops make bad decisions some times, but cops are not going out killing dogs, they are responding to what they perceive to be a threat. With that being said though, some cops are probably semi-crooked/stupid assholes who really have a mentality of not giving a fuck 'cuz it's a dog, and LOL I HAZ BADGE I CAN KILL THIS HERE DOG.

There are multiple factors that go into each situation, it's not just "cops shooting dogs"

10. #31 ReturnFire333, Nov 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2015
    This was fucking retarted, with a purposely implanted "t," lol

I'm pretty sure a cop's safety does come first, over a dog...

11. I've had many dogs(mostly pits) run up on me with no altercation. With Dogs it's all about your body language and most these cops nowadays are fucking pansies and are finicky about everything.

Sure there are times it's justified but rest assured alot of it is the cop being a coward with a gun.

12. What about a cop dog. I seen a video not too long ago of cops lighting up a suspect who was on the run. And they killed their own k9 in the process. Actually the second time I've seen cops light up their fellow police dog in the line of duty Lol. Both times showed and excessive use of firearms.

13. It depends on the cop I think. Each officer should be on a life less than dog vs. More than dog evaluation that could be voted on by the citizenry. It could even become a reality TV show. If the cop is voted more worthless than a dog he would be banned from ever defending himself from a dog ever.

14. You'd have to read the specific story. I would imagine though it would be a mis-fire situation where bullets just went the wrong way.

15. I mean both times they were shooting at the perp and let the dog loose at the same time and both dogs got killed in the crossfire because they charged straight at the perp.

16. #37 ReturnFire333, Nov 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2015
    In that case, the dogs are literally just tools, they could be compared to a frag grenade. Throw em out there and hope they help.

17. #38 JohnnyWeedSeed, Nov 14, 2015

Have you ever shot a gun before? Having very extensive knowledge and experience with guns I can tell you 100% fact that bullets don't just "go the wrong way". If a gun misfires it will simply not shoot. If your bullet goes the wrong way it is because you are a shitty marksman or have no training and therefor no business carrying a gun at all.

18. #39 ReturnFire333, Nov 14, 2015
    It was a figure of speech. Also, being in an actual firefight kinda downplays the whole "shitty marksman" argument. Sure they will try to get good, well aimed shots in at some points, but other points in the shoot out could very well be just a hand over the hood of a cop car firing shots. Then add in adrenaline... And if you send dogs into that... well.

19. because they are little bitches that by shooting a dog, prove that they are no beter or smarter then a dog