Hydroguard and SIlica Blast question

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by PatrickXy6dC, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Sorry if this is a duplicate post. Can't find the first one. I just started 1/4 strength nutes for my seedlings. I am using individual recirculating hydroponic units. Do I use the silica and Hydroguard at full strength?

2. Never used either, I would suggest full strength hydro guard and what type of silica supplement? Brand?

3. Both products are by Botanicare, I find 2ml per gallon of each is sufficient.

4. I find that the Silica blast can be hard on the nutes so I cut it back to at least 1/2 strength.

5. Thanks, hountzz, that's what I need to know. From the descriptions of using silica it didn't seem like I needed it, but decided to try it out anyway.

6. Hydroguard is the tits. Just do what the bottle says and you're ok. It's not a nutrient, they're bacteria that eats dead matter and keeps your res healthy and clear of bad bacteria. Put in once a week as the bacteria needs to inoculate only a few days and then they're good through to res change.

7. What's up i use my hydroguard every watering is there a reason you do it once a week?

Sent from my moto g(7) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. 5 year old thread lol. But its because he was using a res mate. He doesnt water his plants the res does. So just top it up once a week.