New Grasscity Team Member for help with development and our project management

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by Superjoint, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Hi Blades,

I would like to let you know, I'm having a brand new team member joining our staff here in Amsterdam.

His user name is Bigdread and he will be our new project manager and be helping me, Lizard King and RMLJ to create order in my chaos. We have introduced this new function as I have encountered many issues the last two years with managing our projects and especially planning of our tech development projects in general. Projects like the forums and the shop tend to become so large scaled that I had lost grip on them and eventually because a lack of proper project oversight and budget maintenance, projects either were finished half baken, over budget or full with bugs and incorrectly working features. (you can all blame me). Bigdread is here to help in that area.

As he is new and you do not know him, he will have no other permissions than any other regular member, he will be here to listen to feature requests, bug reporting and manage them all so they are fixed and picked up by our team in an orderly manner. I hope however that you get to meet him online and get to know him, he's an excellent project manager with a great track record, but he will have his learning curve as it comes to the forums. He is fully employed by us and as such I fully endorse him. Rummy and Lizard King already have been in contact with him. I hope you can all give him a warm welcome and let him feel at home in (y)our forums, and use his coordination skills to make the forums better.

As I'm fully aware of the dis functionality of the current forum software/design, hiring a project manager to aid our dev team with better planning of our future road map is part of my plan to make things better. Our current roadmap for the end of 2015 and run of 2016 is being planned and we will share it with you asap so you all can get involved.

I thank you for your time and attention!

Thank you Blades!

SJ

2. Welcome Bigdread :wave:

[​IMG]

3. sweet, this sounds very promising!

4. Praise be to SUPERJOINT.

5. Welcome Bigdread

6. Welcome to the GC team Dread.

7. #7 Chunk, Oct 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2015
    Welcome to GC Bigdread!

8. Welcome to the City Bigdread. :)

9. Welcome to team GC Bigdread...:wave:

Anything the rest of the team can do to help you out, just let us know...:)

10. Hi Guys,

Thx for the warm welcome. I can see the GC forums are no different from MJ meetings spots. You can walk in as a stranger but stoners always have a way of making you feel at home :)

SJ clearly explained why I am here. Not going to repeat that.

He is right that I'm a new at this forum but I'm always been involved into giving this green plant its righteous place back into the world. I'm convinced I was always outspoken and frank about my belief in Marijuana to my parents, my friends and my former colleagues. Don't think it's so much easier because you live in Amsterdam, well.. you don't get arrested that's true :)

Please know that I understand that this forum is a living, breathing organism and not a static website. The power of GC forums are the interactions that you as users have with each other building this the biggest resource on Marijuana Culture in the world. I respect that. That is why I will work closely with the moderators and provide as much information as possible to get users informed and involved. How and when we will do that is still to be discussed. But expect to hear that in the coming weeks.

See you in the GC jungle somewhere :)