Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Qwiso - Isopropyl alcohol hash wax .. Have you tried it ?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by marijuanafriendly, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Wondering how many of you have experimented with Qwiso wax or hash .

I've been smoking for about 10 plus years .
    Not until just 4 years ago I found Qwiso hash technique and it's great . I've gotten product better or close to BHO . ( depending on nugs or trim )

Drop pictures and your personal opinion on this technique of hash making .

( blue hash buds Qwiso experimental run )

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1444632374.279317.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1444632408.475762.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1444632421.279173.jpg

Thanks !
    - marijuanafriendly / thc_community on Instagram !

2. Tastes like the buds if you ask me .

3. Stop using isopropyl alcohol, the shits toxic. Everclear is a safer option.

4. Actually you are wrong
    ISO hash is very safe the evaporation rate is 100% just left sitting out in circulated are . Not to mention purging is a factor as well .

0 impurities..
    Do a little research before telling me to make Rick Simpson oil . Rather then a hash/shatter .

5. ugh I dont have time for you lol how about you do some research bud. I used to make nothing but qwiso years ago, but I obviously learned better..

6. I've been smoking iso oil for over 10 years. If it's so toxic I'd be dead by now. Purge properly people!

7. extract properly..

8. I've made it several times with everclear. Its worth the few extra dollars to me to use something that was meant to be consumed by humans.

9. Just curious, how do you know it's 0 impurities. I've had a lot of tested hash and only 1 was tested at 0.00 PPM. I really wish I could have my own hash tested, see which technique really does work the best (not having a vac setup).

10. Eh I tried it once with iso and once with everclear, my buddy tried it once with 151, and don't know if its just me but the everclear was by far the most disgusting, it just tasted.....dirty dont know how to explain it. The 151 wasn't much better but was bearable. The 90% iso however tasted so CLEAN. Straight up tasted like a small hit of wax. But everyone is different, you could try the iso and barf and absolutely love using everclear, experiment a little and see what works for you. Also isopropyl alcohol is not toxic in the "ingesting it in any amount will kill you" sense. Alot of homeless people drink it to get drunk, my uncle is a patrolman and has arrested a few for PI and the only thing it does is make them gassy. He has had to drive a few to the hospital for cuts and abrasions and once the hospital is informed of what they drank they merely gave them niacin to help get it out of thier system and a Hydrocodone for the light cuts and bruises. He said the nurses told him the charcoal from pumping his stomach would cause considerately more damage than the rubbing alcohol would unless he drank about 5 of the pint bottles, then its starting to get deadly.

11. I do QWISO with stems and kief, never bothered with straight buds. For me it's more for concentrating the leftovers into one much better product. I do enjoy it though. :smoking:

12. I've made ISO a few times, my best batch here tasted just like the strain I made it with. Cheers
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1445577642.778871.jpg

13. #13 MattmPsi, Oct 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2015
    ive made it many times. The best advice i can give..if you start scraping it and its not like sand, stop because its not dry yet. Its still got iso in it.
    I wait till mine looks dry, then wait dayyyss. Then scrape it and a little will come out shattery but the rest will be golden sand, no solvent left at that point..most people dont get it all out

14. I know what you mean about it being like sand cheers!
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1445581138.033142.jpg
    Can't believe I have these old pictures from 8 months ago, cheers!

15. Thats your problem, 151 has sugars in it still. You need to be using the 96% 190proof everclear.

16. the 151 was Bacardi, and that tasted a little better than the qwiso made with everclear, though not by much IIRC. The same batch of bud was used for all three. Fuck it, might try with moonshine haha.

17. #17 ajroxit, Oct 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2015
    iso is fine. if you are stressed it has impurities do this. take the dish you evaporate in. get it squeaky fucking clean. once squeaky fucking clean dump a bottle of the iso alcohol you use and let it evap out of the dish entirely. now look for impurities. i never found any, not one time i checked. i use 91% iso.

when i nug run iso hash it is like shatter in a lot of ways. very clean, very pure. if i do stems, leaves and shake, i turn that into hash by mixing it with keif and then hand pressing it into hash. both fucking rock! people cant get enough. they both last for ever. as a matter of fact, the hand pressed hash actually cures like gaja. the longer it sits in an enclosed, air tight container, it gets heady and fucking dank. danker and danker.

it really does come down to the tools you use, your process and your purge. if all of those are down to a science then youll have some amazing product. it is just that simple.

every time i hear or read about someone talking shit about how bad qwiso is for you and how it lacks potency, etc, etc......i say to my self "SUCKAZ!!!" if you only knew what doing it right does for ya.

edit:
    to high to spell correctly.

18. Where do you think I started 3 years ago? ;)

19. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]