First grow, first lst. Purple Trainwreck feminized. Thoughts appreciated.

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by Napalm1500, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Thanks! This is my first grow, thanks for the compliment.

She is from Humboldtseeds.
    Growing great, I've really had no issues with her other than I've vegged her longer than I wanted because of shipping issues.
    Multiple times. -.-

Waiting on my fan and filter to do the light switch to 12/12. Not really too worried, I'm in no rush and the longer I take, the more she will produce. :)

May I ask, how was the stretch?
    Do you have any tips for this strain on harvest time or curing? Anything I should look out for?

Thanks! :)

2. i would let her run a week longer....and then dont forget to flush the plant.....also cutting, trimming and curing are all important. have the right equipment ready you will need like latex gloves, sharp scissors, a trash bag and a microscope to check the trichromes...the plant did grow pretty tall but i used the lst method and saved a few inches that way

3. Friday the 11 th of December.

Pic 1 about a week ago
    Pic 2 n 3 today.
    Pic 3 I added a small clone into the mix from my veg room.
    Pic 4 4" inline fan and carbon scrubber

So the fan arrived two days ago, but I have been working on splitting the exhaust into my existing laundry exhaust with a 4" y. It was actually simpler than I thought it would be. Fan has been on a whole day now with no issues, so tonight is the switch to 12/12.

Got new yoyo hangers coming soon, which will help with any maneuverability necessary. Then I can get that 550 cord out of there. :)

Just clean water this week. Starting fox farm nutrient flower feeding schedule upon next watering, which is a day or two.

The clone from my veg tent is a test. So many mixed reports on clones tasting better or worse. I'll just find out myself.

(It's all part of my master plan.)

I'll post some more pics in a few days.

Attached Files:

4. Thanks for the info. I think I got the lst down pretty good. Both plants in the tent are about a foot, from soil to tips. Unless they stretch more than 3 feet in flower, I'll be ok.

I have finally acquired everything I think I need from this point on.

I have the following
    ***hundred pack of gloves.
    *** 1 decent pair of snips, but 3 nice ones on the way(2 are at the post office as I sit here)so 4.
    ***Razor blades and ISO for cleaning.
    ***60K loupe for triches(might be upgrading)
    ***Twine and clips for bud hanging.
    ***Paper bags. Whole n shredded.
    ***3 old cookie trays, cleaned n donated from my awesome wife.
    ***Buckets. Bubble bags. Ice. Press.
    ***2 dozen quart Mason jars.
    ***62% boveda packs. 25 total. I'll freak if I get more than 25 ozs. They recommend one pack per jar.

I am absolutely positive I'm missing something. Both from this list as well as something I just plain forgot.

If you see anything I missed, please chime in and help a noob out. :)

Thanks!

5. Saturday Dec 12

Day 1 after switch to 12/12.
    Awesome how much growth after one night of light switch.
    Can't wait....How many weeks?
    :)

Bought a simple 3m red/blue led strip on eBay. Thinking of supplemental lighting wrapping it somewhere. Probably useless, but it was a five dolla win, so I'm not worried. Worse case, it'll help tighten in the areas with less light penetration.

My thoughts for the day. B)

Attached Files:

6. Sun Dec 13

Day 2 of flower mode

Attached Files:

7. Mon Dec 14

Day 3 of 63(?)

Growing nicely. Seeing more beautiful light green tops emerging. I'll tuck and maneuver tomorrow.

To do list:
    Item 1. Readjust the scrog to its more permanent height in a few days.
    Item 2. Build mobile reflector.
    Item 3. Enjoy life.

Attached Files:

8. Tuesday December 15

Day 4 of 63

Before and after tuck pics.

Attached Files:

9. Saturday December 19

Day 8 of 63

So it's been a few days and things looking good.

Pic 1. Got my yo-yo rope ratchet hangers in.
    1450533398503.jpg
    Pic 2. Decided to rehang the scrog.
    This allowed me to rid of that excess paracord.
    Pic 3 and 4. Them standing with no scrog.
    Pic 5, 6, 7. We have pistils! Might be a little difficult to see, but they are there!
    Pic 8, 9. New positions.
    Pic 10. This morning. Already rising up. :)

We are now up to date.

A week into flower.
    Got pistils showing on all three.
    Trimmed a little underneath, but not really sure what to trim or not trim. So I'll be leaving more for now, less next run when I know what is what better.
    This is most definitely a classroom experience for me.

To do list:

DIY cheap reflector

Attached Files:

10. Monday Dec 21
    Day 10 of 63

Good morning. :)

Got some good growth. More out of my unknown strain than Patricia, my purple Trainwreck.
    1450711071766.jpg

Patricia far right back corner
    1450711096126.jpg

In the middle somewhere
    1450711117207.jpg

This is the unknown.
    Random bagseed, or as my cuttings say, RB1.
    1450711128666.jpg
    Another
    1450711142125.jpg

All in all, I'm happy right now. :)

First grow, so as long as I don't kill them on accident, or mess up the dry/cure, we shall sitting pretty on some jars of good medicine.

The scrog is working well to train these plants like I want.

Still waiting on my led strip from China.

Still need to make homemade reflector.

B)

11. Wednesday Dec 23
    Day 12

This is actually for yesterday.

Decent growth, just waiting.
    1450892944524.jpg

Patricia needs more trimming soon.
    1450892964424.jpg

So does aRBy.
    1450892984805.jpg

I'll post more later.

12. Thur Dec 24
    Day 13

Yay! More growth!
    1450975581639.jpg
    Patricia
    1450975592294.jpg
    aRBy
    1450975601774.jpg

Happy holidays!! :)

13. everything is looking nice! I am also doing my first indoor grow and things are going good. I was wondering, im using a 1000 w mh/ HPS setup 3.3X3.3x6.8 tent, 5 black domina plant. I'm looking to get them more bushier. My plants are on week 6, is it too late to do lst or should I do a scrog? The only method I've done was FIM and that was 2-3 weeks ago.

14. Nice LST work...I'm really getting into it also...love seeing them grow wider before scrog. Only suggestion I'd make, just cause i read it here alot, fill ur screen 75% then flip. Nice grow

15. Hi and thanks for the compliment!

It's never too late to utilize lst or a scrog. However, the later you start, the more difficult it becomes as the stems start becoming more solid and less pliable.
    I would suggest just doing at least one. If you scrog, you're doing both. It doesn't hurt. There are plenty of guides on both techniques here in our forums, which is where I learned.

I could only help with what I've learned so far, but I can honestly say I'm sold on lst.

There are different styles of lst and you can experiment and find what works best for you.

It does take a little longer in veg, but this gives the plant more time to develop a larger root ball and stalks/stems. Larger roots and stalks means more nutrients to the plant. Combine that with the the fact that lst helps distribute the auxins more evenly throughout the plant and you get a plant that grows outwards as well as upwards. Only good things can come from this.

I hope this helps answer your question. Feel free to post some pics of your plants or setup if you like. I'll help with what I can. :)

16. Hi and thanks for stopping by!

I agree with you on the 75% before flip. I was a little closer to it a few weeks ago, but with my yoyo hangers taking longer to arrive than normal, I made a boo-boo.

If you read back, you'll see that I had taken the scrog apart and repositioned the plants. I do not suggest doing this. My mistake, thankfully not a debilitating one.
    This didn't slow growth, but now the colas need to reestablish their spots in the net.

Also, the way I did my lst on my random bagseed, it messed it up for the scrog. I won't be utilizing that form of lst anymore. Yet.

If you look on this random bagseed, I lst'ed backwards and out.
    1451067633550.jpg
    On this Trainwreck, you can see she goes outwards in different directions. This is better imo.
    1451067704786.jpg
    I also have this lemon lush I'm attempting to train in a figure eight pattern around herself.
    1451067918304.jpg
    1451067935419.jpg

I'll eventually try mainling as well, but I wanted to start off slow with simple lst as a learning experience.

I absolutely agree with filling it out more. But sometimes, we do what we can. :)

17. heres a pic let me know what I can do I'm all ears ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1451082674.055783.jpg

18. Nope musta missed that post. Sorry. My branches 1st time got really tangled. No big deal, until harvest came. This time I'm tring to direct each branch before scrog. So if thats kinda how ur doing it, I understand your preference. I like figuring out how a plant responds with training. Just picked up a GG#4 clone. She was about 12" out of a solo cup. I transplanted to a 3 gallon and then started training. Grows alot different than my other strains. Still trying to figure her out. Illumina have to post a pic later.

@ DLL those things are short n fat. You have the same pots I do with that rim around the top. Use some pipe cleaners, cut em in half. I make a lil hook at contaner side...hook it bend branch and bend pipe cleaner over. I'd try to open her up and get that top bent down...helps the lowers to gain size on that main cola. Then you can still scog or just run it. What's ur thoughts Napalm?

19. when you say "open her up and get that top bent down" what do you exactly mean how should I do it?

20. With the pipe cleaners..once you bend that top outta the way it'll open her up so lower branches can catch up