First time trying LST advice welcomed

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by growboxhero12, Oct 8, 2015.

1. So this is my second budget grow, my first plant I just topped it once, with these I wanted to try an keep them short and have more tops so I topped them on the 3rd node an once the apical split I tied them down an topped the lower branches. just wondering on you guys opinions on the LST job and how long should I wait to flower judging on the growth in the pics. Should I change,adjust, or add anything? Train any other branches /nodes? Thanks for checking them out strains are Berry White, Cannasutra, and Bilo Mix. They are 28 days old today I topped an tied the two main apicals yesterday.

Attached Files:

2. Looks like your doing good! Your more mainlined though.. either way I think your gunna have awsome results.. there gunna grow up now so flower whenever your happy with there size

3. Thanks I figured I would let them go for about a week an switch em. And I shouldn't have tried a new technique from memory of stuff I read a while back, obviously I was a little off but hopefully they will turn out to be productive and shape out to what I'm aiming for

4. I went ahead an removed the first node of growth leaving the second and third for for what I hope to be 8 nice size colas. Will there be a later time to take clones maybe early stretch in flower or have I already cut what I could have used for any clones?

5. So yea I guess I'm pretty much mainlining for sure now but they look like they will be pretty cool plants!

Attached Files:

6. Let them veg for as long as you can. The bigger and healthier the plant is before you throw it into flower, the larger the harvest is going to be. They are going to double or triple in size once they start to flower, so make sure you've have adequate lighting for flower and your space isn't overcrowded. You can harvest more off one plant that gets all it needs than you can 4 that were crammed into the space that only one should've been done. Looks like you've done an excellent job so far though. TWW

7. Thanks I'm gonna let them veg until around a 1ft and 1/2 I'm Hoping the end up about 3ft tall, as far as the space my box has two sides flowering side being much larger I'll be using right at 38,000 lumens during flower unfortunately I'm using clfs for lighting original plan was to veg until the 11th but being as I took most of the plant away I'll just be waiting for them to fill out

8. I just did a circular lst and I think if I did it again I would mainline like you did. I would rather have 8 main cola then 20 or so little shoot nugs.. don't get me wrong my plant looks bitchin with all the tops.. but I think it's easier to maintain a mainline and the quality/consistency of the flower is much better when you focus the plant on 8 cola instead of 15+
    [​IMG]
    Here's mine at 6 weeks into flower veged for 1.5 months

9. So now that my plants are all cleaned up and I can get better look at things I noticed this.... which I think are male presacks .. I'm not supposed to have any new growth there right?

Attached Files:

10. Too early to see male traits I think.. looks like normal female preflowers to me.. I can't see any sacs.. they look like balls

11. One of them has a white hair that has sprouted and then this one has this little ball deal on it guess I'll give it some time an see if a hair pops out it

12. If all the lighting you have for flower is CFL's, let them veg until you can come up with something better. You're going to be terribly disappointed if you do flower them off with CFL's. They work great for veg but don't do too much for the flower stage. You can pick up hps lights fairly cheap new and get even better deals on them used off Ebay....or talk to your people at the grow store. My guys take old lights in on trade when people by new lights and offer the used ones at a good price. I know you probably don't want to hear this, but I know you want as good a harvest as you can get. If you flower with those CFL's, your buds are going to be spotty and underdeveloped and I know you don't want that. Yea, your plants are too young yet to tell the sex. You can usually tell around 8 weeks old pretty easily. TWW

13. Yea I know what u mean unfortunately I pieced my box together over time and invested way too much into having two sides with cfls veggin and flowering so now I'm stuck with like 16 friggin cfls for this grow, budget is blown for this run but I got some satisfying buds off my last plant with cfls but yea could have bought 2 hps setups for what I have in cfls probably

14. #14 growboxhero12, Oct 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2015
    :unsure:

Attached Files:

15. Ohh... yea looks non female to me.. sorry I couldn't tell in the other picture.... we're they clones or did you pop seeds?

16. That was from this "limited pack" came with five I germinated one an looks like it's a male

Attached Files:

17. Are these male traits? It look like female preflowers...............

18. Yea so honestly I'm a little confused my last plant formed like a thorn at the node an had a white hair come out... when I get on growweedeasy.com to me... it looks like it could be either one. After seeing the second picture (again I thought the white hair comes from the tip of the thorn) BUT on this pic looks like white hairs pop out of more of a sack like deal? Can anyone point out the difference to me why some female preflowers look like they come out a thorn an why these look like sacks thanks!

Attached Files:

19. All 3 plants sprouted Sept 11 makes them 30 days old today and two of them are showing their white preflower hairs one completely obvious and the other is just poking out but the 3rd plants has those ball like deal at the node, I was thinking it was an obvious male until I went to GWE.com an looked at their photos (ones I previously posted) but yea a few people were sayin they are to young to show sex so figured I would post some better pics they all are hybrid breads dunno if that would have anything to do with it?

Attached Files:

20. Well anyway pretty sure I have 2/3 female but it's all good I can't wait until I can see flowers poppin up every where this stuff is gonna be dank as hell I just know it!

Attached Files: