How to flush...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by kinglaze, Oct 5, 2015.

1. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] ok so today is the end of week 4 of veg for my freeze berry auto fem... I think she looking ok but i know she could definitely look better.. Well i plan on flushing her tonight, but my issue is I don't have a ppm n ph meter. So i was just gunna flush with distilled water.. Since she is in a 9.7" pot i was gunna flush with a gallon or two... But since i start the 12/12 time schedule in the am i plan on starting my nutrient schedule tomorrow.. But im not sure do i let the plant dry out completely then start giving nuts or just give it to my plant in the am..

Sent from my LGLS665 using Tapatalk

2. i would flush about a week before 12/12 and let them dry out then hit them with nutes.

I have a scrog going now, and my veg time was a little longer... But i slowly flushed.... Flushed about 2-3 times 2 weeks before 12/12.... 3 smaller flushes vs 1 big one. The week before 12/12 i lrt the pots dry out.. When 12/12 started hit hem with nutes.

3. There is nothing wrong with that plant and I'm not sure why you think you need to flush it? Let me help you out with your water myth. The water treatment facilities of 2015 don't use the type chlorine that evaporates, so the deal about letting tap water sit for 24 hours before you use it is pretty much just a waste of time. It's perfectly fine to use tap water and there are actually things in it that the plants like and need nutritionally. The distilled water is a waste of time and money since you're removing things from the water that the plant needs. A flush is running water 3:1 gallons of water/container size through the plant with the last gallon going through being adjusted to the correct pH range (6.3 to 6.7 for soil). If you don't have a pH tester, that's probably why the plant is no more impressive than it is. Extended periods of water/nute mix at the wrong pH range and you'll lock the roots up and they won't be able to take in nutrition. IF you flush it....and I see no reason to by the looks of it in the pic, you need to let it sit for 3 to 4 days after your finished to drain and recoup. Once you've allowed it that time, you can start back feeds at a reduced concentration to avoid burning it. If you're going to grow inside, I definitely suggest you spend the money and order a RELIABLE pH tester. The cheap ones aren't worth the money you pay for them and the drops are just too hard to hone in on for me. Others don't feel that way I'm sure. But the best thing I ever did was drop $100 on a good pH tester. Get yourself a ppm tester too so you can make sure you know what you're giving your plants. If it were me, I would repot that plant into an even larger container and give it another month to veg. Get the tools to properly handle the pH and feed the plant during that time, so when you do go into the flower stage, you have a nice large plant that's going to give you some yield. Flowering this one off at this size isn't really going to be worth it once it's cured. You lose a TON of weight in the cure with water evaporating out of it. Good luck!! TWW

4. Thanks so much.. Very helpful.. Appreciate it..👍👍👍

Sent from my LGLS665 using Tapatalk

5. Your plant looks very healthy. If anything the leaves are a bit light green which means lack of nutes not too much. I wouldn't flush, just start your flowering nutes.