EyeCs humble efforts at organic growing

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by EyeC, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Jump right in Just X. :) You can lurk if you want, but i appreciate comments too. thanks :)

2. #42 khalikidmia87, Oct 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
    So I got a question? im guilty of lurking myself! Lol you really caught my attention... So my question is when pollinating, doing the bag of pollen method are the other flowers okay not to get pollinated or is there a safer way

3. Hello there former lurker :D My experience with making seeds is still very limited, but there are lots of tips on how to keep pollen contained. I don't know where a good thread is at this site yet, but i hope someone can point you in the right direction.

From what i have seen and read there are some precautions you have to take when pollinating depending upon what your goals are. Certainly the bag method is used successfully for many types of plants cannabis being only one of them.

So what are your goals? :) Once we know what you wish to achieve then we can figure out a way to make it happen. :)

thanks for stopping in and asking questions.

4. EyeC you know me. //static.grscty.com//public/style_emoticons/default/laughing.gif

5. So basically I want to find the one indica that really fits my wife and then take couple sativas that she likes and breed it with a indica to make have F1 strand and then back cross it back to thee indica to make her own strain that fits her profile

6. Hey EyeC! What's the best way to take clones of rosemary and lavender? I was told to bury a branch in the soil that is still alive on the plant.

7. I'm getting ready to take lavender cuttings, which i have not done before. With my rosemary and sage i leave some leaves on top, strip an inch or three of the stem. Then i either let it soak in water overnight and put into an aloe fillet or i just stick the cuttings directly into an aloe leaf for between 1-30 minutes. After that i place them in moist soil, maybe put them under a dome for a few days and then the dome is removed for more airflow. Rosemary in particular does not like wet feet i've found. My sage cultivars rooted faster than rosemary. With rosemary it can take a good 3-6 weeks. Most of mine show roots around 3-4 weeks. The time could probably be sped up some, but i find no need for that. 100% success on my herbs other than my ganja gals. //static.grscty.com//public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif Kind of funny. Although as long as l pay attention i tend to have 80-90% rooting rates with canna.

I use a basic mix of some form of aeration, peat moss/leaf mold and a little bit of earth worm castings for just about everything from canna to mint to rosemary etc. If you can, then doing the soil and branch method works well. I will let you know how my lavender experiments go.
    thanks for asking [​IMG] ladyluckybean

[​IMG]

8. That is a straightforward enough goal i would think in some respects. It seems to me that maybe an easier way would be to just have her trial out different varieties of sativas and indicas and keep some of both types around. If she responds well to a particular plant or gene line, then you can always simply combine the different types of smoke . That way you'll have more flexibility when she smokes. Some days she might want more of one than the other and this way you can mix and match as needed.
    That being said i don't mean to dissuade you from combining them either. As long as it works. :)

I do like how you are thinking. :) Very kind of you to be looking out for her like that. //static.grscty.com//public/style_emoticons/default/love.gif
    To me it makes great sense to tailor plants towards specific individuals needs when possible. Each of us have our own personal biochemistry and that plays the largest role when determining whether a cultivar is suitable or not.

To you and your wife all the best. I am sure you will find some plants that will fit your needs. :)

9. Ya it was stright to the point lol I'm really not all that educated in literature I wanted to get a good description of how I saw things I really do appreciate your opinion and all I hope to continue reading about your opinion because it makes sense to me and other aspects I could see what you're saying you're educated but also even layman can follow along thank you very much

10. Good morning EyeC. Now I'm going back to my usual lurking. I'ma lot like a peeping tom, I just like to stand on the outside and look in. Just kinda watching what's going on. [​IMG]

11. As long as you pop up for air every once in a while to let me know you're alright. :) I hope you continue to enjoy the view. ;)

12. That is very kind of you to say khalikimia. :) I do wish to help spread useful, accurate, and helpful information to others so that they may grow healthy and happy plants. To hear that anyone could follow what i'm saying is very encouraging to me. I will continue to do my best to use accurate terminology when necessary. Please let me know if something i say is not clear or too full of jargon and i'll use different language to convey my message.

thank you kindly

13. No thank you very much for your humbled way of life.. And will do

14. I've learned lots of things in life. Some the real hard way, but i did learn. :) Being humble was a good lesson that i actually remembered. Thank you for your obvious consideration. Here's to more dialog. :D

15. Nice Rosemary EyeC! I have one in the garden outside that I'm hoping will come back next year if I mulch it deep enough for the winter. I cut the top off and hung it over a week ago and today there was s surprising little bush growing already. I decided not to bring one inside this year.

16. thanks mainah

:) Rosemary is another great aromatic plant. So good for cooking and pest control. Good luck with your rosemary. There are a few varietals of rosemary out there. My suggestion would be to look at different types if you are into smells and flavor differences, which is suspect you are. ;)

Rosemary generally will not make it through winter around here outdoors. Winters are too brutal. //static.grscty.com//public/style_emoticons/default/blink.png

17. Almost a week later and time for a small update. :) I use 11/13 as my preferred light cycle.

DDT (thai pheno) X Blueberry Blast at just a few days into flowering. Seems to be showing changes already. :)

[​IMG]

Here is that Goji OG F2 also a few days in now. Looks like she'll gain some height yet.

[​IMG]

Blueberry Blast from Snowhigh at day 34 of flowering. You'll notice the spider mite spots. //static.grscty.com//public/style_emoticons/default/huh.png I've managed to keep them contained to her, but i won't be spraying her anymore as we are too far into flowering. Now i'm just squishing them by hand.

[​IMG]

18. here are the new seedlings. In no particular order: Berry Juice X Bluemoonshine, "Purple Menace" a selected Trueblueberry F? (DJ short) that a friend of mine did, DDT (Durban pheno) X Blueberry Blast, Sourbubble Blueberry X California Purple Haze, and Blue Zorilla ( Blue Durban X [MediberryF2]).

There will be individual shots in the upcoming weeks. These were left in 3.5" containers for too long, so some of them are recovering from that. A few of them were only in 2 or 3 tablespoons of soil.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That Goji OG F2 roots very rapidly. Faster than any other plants i have currently.
    Here is a clone that had roots showing in a 3.5" within 10 days.

[​IMG]

19. EyeC I can tell you're still a kid a heart. Look at the kiddie pools. [​IMG] They do come in handy. Save you from sweeping and mopping that's for sure.

20. #60 EyeC, Oct 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2015
    I do like to play a lot at times. rb That kiddie pool serves with the -shower curtain- back drop as my spray zone and veg area. It does the job. [​IMG]