Cfl for veg 6700K switch to led e26 and e27 bulb

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by toke4ptsd, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Ok buddy of mine asked kinda a noob question the other day about if he could switch from cfl during veg and using led to flower i honestly didnt know the correct answer so i told him yea you could but why would you. You should finish with cfl but using led to flower could boost yeild correct or no

2. why should you stay all CFL?...i keep hearing you def SHOULD switch to LED for flower, that it def increases yield...

right now i have a clone in a veg box under 10w LED spectrum+200w CFL but plan to go primarily LED above plants in flower in my flowering space, with a bunch of CFL below/around the plant under the canopy

3. the problem with cfls it they dont have much for light penatration they work well for canopies and undergrowth the led is the way to go but you have to stretch that light way up away from them or it will burn them your gonna notice the plants react differntly from light difference dont burn them the only befitis from cfl i see is electric consumption id only ise 1000 watts of i could in my current situation youll be fine with the led just make sure temps dont spike and you have decent distance between canopy and light who said finish with cfls ?

4. i should amend to say that i plan to do strips of low wattage led spectrum lights alternating with some small CFL tube lights, all hung vertically in a wraparound pattern below the top canopy (would wrap around 3 sides of the plant below the canopy; will be popcorning, which should mean that i can do this for the undercarriage of the plants well and cheaply, as i will not actually have to cover much space)

my theory is, if you use low wattage for LEDs below, you can get them closer for good penetration without burning...