My First PC Case Grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by slewcid, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Yo man your thread got kinda lost lol! She's looking good. Older than Id assume but good. You wo t see sings of sex until flower, and if you do maybe a few preflowers. So 1 or 2 calyxs. You might consider flipping her soon she's gonna get big. Id flip now

2. You mean switch to the flowering bulbs? She's starting to get strong. I checked on her two days ago and found she'd pulled the pipe cleaner out of the clip that was holding her down! So yeah I'll give her a few more days to bulk up then make the switch.

Thanks for stopping by!

3. Flowering bulbs and 12/12 light schedule flip now. She will bulk up in the 3-7 days before she starts flowering and they stretch during flower lol

4. OK, you convinced me! It's my birthday today so nows a good enough time. Thanks!

5. Happy birthday man!

6. How's she looking?

7. Here she is 2 weeks or so since I flipped her to flower cycle.

I'm not sure if it's a girl or not yet. I've found a heating pad designed to be outside and I have my case sitting on it. It's been getting pretty cold here, say around 25 outside at night. Inside the case it's around 55-60 during the night, and upper 40s during the day. Humidity is 30-40%. I've got the case covered with a blanket and I put a square of pink insulation on the back side of the case. I've been watering about once every two days. I've not checked the pH in some time, but I think it's looking pretty healthy and making some really strong perfume.

I think I need to drill holes around the side of the pot to help tie the nodes down. I never did get the perlite. I'm kinda worried it would keep the soil cold.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

8. You should be seeing some sings of sex by now haha I flipped my parking lot seeds 3 days ago and there's 3 girls showing but every strain is different looking good though. Binder clips are great for holding yarn and using the yarn for a tie down

9. #169 kofidog, Dec 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2015
    It's always a good idea to have some kind of training for the girls especially if you're growing in limited space. Drilling holes around the top of the pot sounds like a good idea to me. I use smart pots (fabric pots) so what I do is put little 'bull dog' paper clips around my pots. The clips have a lot of clamping power so it works very well. The wire handles are then available to tie to.

Regarding sexing your plants, I would think 2 weeks into flower might not be quite long enough for some strains to start showing. I think my Og Kush started showing sex by the end of 2 weeks or early 3rd week of flower. But I can't be sure exactly since I neglected to record when I first noticed the sex of the plant. But so far I only buy feminised seeds anyway so I haven't been overly concerned about sexing issues, except for avoiding things that might 'hermie' the plant.

Sounds like you've got your humidity dialled in well at this stage. Actually, some might say that 30% might be a bit low. According to Nebula Haze flowering cannabis is best kept between 40 to 50%, and closer to 40 in the last week or two of flower.

How are you judging when to water her?

10. Thanks for your reply. When it comes to watering, I burrow my finger into the soil. If it's dry up to half my index finger then I give some water. I'll also mist her when I snip a leaf off. So usually around every 2-3 days.

I'll work on getting more humidity in there. Thanks!

11. Hey all, merry Christmas! I'm drilling the holes in the pot. I think this is a boy, though. Take a look...

Those look like seeds to me. What do you guys think?

Attached Files:

12. Not a pro but yeah looking like a male, those look to soon be pods! But a Merry Christmas to you as well slewcid and the whole Grasscity community!

13. Happy Holidaze Slewcid! Yes, you've got a male with balls on your hands there!

14. Looks like a male. But no harm waiting a day or soo for it to become more clear to you. There not quite seeds haha little pods you'll see lines on the sides of them. And there will be no hair sticking out whatsoever. Keep at it bro!

15. Yeah, I'm giving it another day or so. For fun I changed two flower lights with veg lights to see what would happen. It's grown at least two inches since yesterday morning. So yeah, a day or so to grow then I'll trash the plant and let the case air out. I'm going to plant a feminized Diamond Girl on Jan 1st.
    Thanks again to everyone who has given me advice and support through my first grow. I couldn't have done it without you!

16. I admire your admiration. Nice grow!

17. Here is the last picture of the plant. Looks like it would have been a decent harvest! I kinda figured it would turn out to be a male but it was worth it just for the experience. I'll start a new thread once I plant the diamond girl. Happy new year!

Attached Files:

18. Interested to see man