Carb holes and clearing the pipe

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by almostgreen578, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Okay so I've done my research and have smoke a total of 3 times. The first time I did it I got really high. Like I was off my ass typa thing. Then after a long break I smoked 2 more times. I used a blunt and then an apple. I was wondering why I didn't get as high as my first time and I think it's because I used a pipe with a carb hole (and took more hits). Does a carb hole help? I hear it's to clear the pipe which I think means putting out the bud so you get a fresh green hit as opposed to resin and to push smoke into your lungs. And is it a way to not waste weed? Like since it's being put out every time it doesn't waste away like a blunt. Because when I did it with an apple, we didn't make a carb hole and the bud kept burning so we had to smoke it fast. And also after a few hits, it didn't taste as good. This made sense to me but then I saw a video of this guy (

smoking an apple without a carb hole but his was out every hit. He had to light the apple after each individual hit. Is this because he took bigger hits than me? And also to clarify, you cover the carb hole and slightly inhale and then you uncover it and inhale really fast right?

2. Well first off yes pipes are more efficient than blunts or joints. By clearing the pipe it means you are getting all of the smoke out of the pipe. It comes down to preference but the idea is that u hold the carb and fill the pipe with smoke and then release it and continue to suck it and get the hit.

3. Carbs just help to clear the pipe. Once the pipe is full of smoke release the carb and clear it. Without a carb the only way to clear the piece is to finish the bowl.