RockCitys Amare LED, Organic No-Till Indoor Stealth Grow

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by RockCityCannabis, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Thought I replied to this but apparently I got distracted and never hit reply! Sorry bro.

I'm back home now but only for a day really. I'll be gone 5-6 days a week from now till Christmas. Work picked up at the worst time, but like I said I'll never bitch about having a job so it is what it is.

As for an update: I've got 2 Girl Scout Cookies, 2 THC Bombs, a Jack Herrer and a mystery bag seed that are going forward. The bag seed is the farthest behind in both size and actual time since germination (it's the youngest). The others tho are stretching like crazy. I've lowered the light and also gone to 20/4 to try and slow these bitches down. Leaf development looks good.

I didn't get a good pic, so no pics this week unless I get some before I fly out.

2. THC bomb I love mine.

3. I had planned to run more than just 2 on this grow...but we all know what happened. Odds are this bag seed is gonna turn out male and I'll be left with 5 ladies with the way this grow has started off :p

Maybe I should order some 10 gallon smartpots to use now instead of 7s

4. Stretchy bitches...

[​IMG]

Girl Scout Cookies
    [​IMG]

THC Bomb
    [​IMG]

The tall one below is Jack Herrer which was stuck in the rapid rooter plug. I had another set of hands open the plug up for me on Thursday and it shot up that tall in less than 48hrs. The short one is the mystery bag seed.

[​IMG]

5. Decided to go ahead with a quick transplant into some solo's in an effort to steal some of the stretch back from em.

[​IMG]

I also decided to ditch the florescent and fire up one of the Amare's (no COB of course).

[​IMG]

6. About 12hrs after transplant and switching to 1 Amare SS220 at 18" to canopy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. As you can see from the temp in that last pic, temps have dropped. This is not only because it's gotten drastically cooler this week but also because the 220 runs much cooler than the T5 fixture I was using.

I lowered my fans setting to pretty much as low as it can go and I reset my thermostat. I'm anxious already to check it when I get back in about a week.

I may go to timed intervals for ventilation if temps stay reasonable, so I'm not wasting CO2 (which I haven't turned on yet).

8. I plan on hitting them with a MBT (malted barley tea) soon, with some EWC and molasses blended in as well.

9. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1444062088.265771.jpg

Nothing to see here....

10. The GSC's have began forming their second nodes.

They just got hit with the following blend:
    1/2 cup malted barley
    1tbsp aloe
    1tbsp coconut powder
    2 tbsp molasses
    1/2 cup of EWC

Temp had climbed to 90 so I had the fan bumped back up.

11. Do you still need those for Amare lights?

Get some pics up brotha man.

12. While I'm not 100% sure, because I smoke so much I'm not sure of anything ever (lol), I think they are - and I'd rather protect my shit than regret it later. Plus it's an investment. I'm 100% sure these will not be my last LED lights.

As for pics, I will as soon as I can. I'm not anywhere near my garden and don't want anything sent to me via txt by the remote hands. I'll update with pics as often as I can I promise

13. Those babies are way too tall. They could easily fall over once more leaf structure develops

When I gt this I use tubes, anything from toilet paper to pvc plumbing tubes for support until the stems thicken

14. Thats a solid idea. I use plant Id tags or popsicle sticks. That tube idea is great.

15. After throwing on a 220 and going from 18/6 with T5s to 20/4 with the Amare, the vertical growth has slowed to a crawl and they are starting to fill out nicely.

I may never use fluorescents again after seeing this.

Temp was still a bit high again today so the fan was bumped up a bit more.

16. hey Dutty.....can you give me a smell report (worst case) for this strain please, as it's on my list. Yep, got a scrubber and all, but still like to open the tent to work on her, and that of course, nixes the use of the scrubber and the Ona takes control in the room. But, I can not push my limits with dank, cheese or skunk, so any help is appreciated.

17. Yep, (sorry Gents...just lurking before work).....once U get Ur soil dialed in, there's a lot less feeding required during the grow life for sure with a bigger pot....I have a very small closet tent grow and I'm going to run 2-5's next time.....for me, I just need to keep the girls spiraled for height control, but this also let's my Alien51 penetrate to increase the bud growth and thus the yield.

Hey Dutty and other blades too....a quick ? for ya, (again sorry RCC)....I've got three clones I was experimenting with and they were taken during 2-3 week in flower and I never expected any to really survive, but all have. Now, from what I understand, these clones will become Monster plants with all kinds of crazy growth. Due to my grow space limitations, I was considering the largest clone in a 5g smartie, and placing the other 2 cones together in a 3g smartie so I don't out grow my space. These are Arjan Strawberry Haze and can get up to 6 ft. in a 15g when no LST is applied. What would you recommend to grow out these clones in my 1.5'd x 3'w x 5'h tent? 1 or 2 or 3 plants in what size pots? Again, thanks for the input...peace.

18. RCC...morning dude....just be careful with feeding such young ladies too quickly as you set them back real fast. Also, I would recommend you get those lights down on top of them to keep Ur stretch to a minimum. Just hold the back of your hand under Ur lights and when it's too hot for Ur hand, likewise for Ur babies. You are trying to get you main stem to beef up here so it will be able to handle the weight of you buds in a few weeks. One final thing to consider is to keep Ur temps and humidity (more so than the temps) up during this seedling stage as the leaves start to develop they will absorb their O2 from the humidity settling on the leaves. And, sorry man just trying to help, next time you xplant, don't be afraid to sink all that stretch into Ur new soil and that will give U a new start for more control.....hope it helps man...peace

19. Sweet with a Lil funk and fruit under tones.

20. Sorry....forgot to ask what effect does she have?