What if our afterlife was composed of whatever we wanted it to be?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by maryyclaree, Sep 20, 2015.

1. What would you want your "afterlife" or "heaven" to look like? I think that everyone has their own version/perception of a heaven or afterlife anyway. Do we have a choice? Who or what is it up to? I think it has a lot to do with religion.

2. I think heaven would vary person to person the same way our perceptions vary how we see this world. I think about this a lot and still haven't come to any conclusions. It's easy to think my heaven would be filled with all my favorite people and things, but the answer is probably deeper than that. It's probably less of a physical place and more of a state of being. A garden of Eden type place would be pretty chill though.

3. #3 Oni~, Oct 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2015
    Heaven and Hell seem to be perfectly well on display here in our mortal world.

You can be a starving diseased African who witnessed his whole family get tortured and killed, and on your own death's door at all times, or

You can be a multi billionaire playboy with the finest education and lifestyle money can buy in the 21st century, while being loved by a rich and healthy circle of family and friends.

4. Whatever you do in this life will be the result where you end up in the next. The body is merely an instrument.

5. The "afterlife" a great topic to discuss on. I think the same as you maryyclaree, although i think it all depends on the experience and lesson you go through in this world of ours that determines where you end up next. Maybe the afterlife you encounter is specifically what you deserve/need or it's something you want or hope for. This world is merely an illusion and I wonder if the true nature of reality will be confirmed to us in the afterlife, when we leave out vessel of a body.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Truth and very well put too.

7. What you describe is exactly what is illustrated in the Swedish story "Bröderna lejonhjärta". It's about this little dude that has cancer, so his brother makes up a story about "heaven". Anyway, they both die and end up meeting there and it's exactly the same as he described + there is a hell.

Who knows?

8. on top of a pile of garbage with dopamine and endorphin constantly flowing through my brain

there's no afterlife

9. #9 Delphinidins, Dec 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2015
    With that mindset your probably right but i do not think that way anymore from what i have experienced.

10. The "after life" or "heaven" as we believers like to think of it, is a place designed by God as the ultimate reward for us accepting Him as our Lord and Savior BEFORE we got there. It's a place grander than anything mortal man could ever imagine and there will be nothing lacking there....so it kind of fits into that "you get what you want" mentality a bit. LOL Whether you get to see it or not totally depends on one repenting of their sins and giving their heart to Him while here on earth and lived a life pleasing to Him and according to his word...The Holy Bible. Man is comprised of three parts....body, soul and spirit. The body will die and return to dust. But if you've given your soul to Jesus, your spirit will live forever in this most awesome place. It is, by far, the most important choice a person will make during their life. According to Bible prophecy from thousands of years ago, we are very quickly running out of time. The Bible tells us that no man knows the day or hour of his return, but he gave us the prophecies and signs of the times so we would have an idea of when he would return. According to everything I've studied, we're there. The prophecies have almost all been fulfilled and this world is ripe for his return.
    Some make fun of God and how they feel about Him. Some choose to ignore it altogether. Some choose to believe that a God who loves them could never send them to such a place as hell. Some believe that satan is the all powerful being. There are those who believe in reincarnation. You can believe whatever you want. God made us that way...free thinkers. But if it were me and my soul and eternity were on the line, I think I would get serious about the subject and make sure that what I was believing in was the real deal. Because once it's over, it's over and there are no second chances.
    Happy Sunday and God Bless each of you!!
    TWW

11. Heaven and Hell are mindsets. The afterlife is not a place but the shifting from one vibration to another through change of frequency.

12. A Zen Master was asked by a friend if his dog will go to Heaven.

The Master replied, it already is in Heaven. :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. #13 waktoo, Dec 9, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
    Not unless the dog has accepted Jesus Christ as his Lord and savior...

Right? //static.grscty.com//public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif

14. I sure hope so. Reincarnation is a crock of shit, I DO NOT want to come back here when I die.

15. that would be great I hope it is like that.

16. I'm just imagining an entire valley of blue dream plants in full bloom and me gliding around in midair inhaling their aroma.

17. It seems to me that we as humans have the need to continue living. So we create comfort with ideas like reincarnation. Life sprouts and eventually perishes. For me its just natural and I accept it.

18. True

19. #19 Nityananda108, Feb 7, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2016
    Our next destination is determined by how we act in the present. Whatever our desires are and whatever our mental state is at the time of death that will determine our next situation. Karma. So yes we have the free will and choice to act as we wish but we must understand that every single action has a reaction. Ultimately the goal is to develop pure love for God so that we purify our existence to come to our original pure spiritual consciousness. If not then we will simply go on either enjoying or suffering according to our previous actions. Only by uncovering our lost relationship with the Supreme Lord can we transcend the material cycle of birth and death.

20. I hope my afterlife is full of multi strain cannabis fields.
    I want to grow there. I realize nothing is probably lacking, I would still like to grow my own and spend most of my time tending and growing my herbs without fatigue, pain or needing sleep and food. I just want the purest water.
    I want to see and hang with my family and best friends that I lost way way too soon
    I would also like to go Trich climbing sometime.