Calis Corner

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Cali Smoker, Sep 19, 2015.

1. #2302 whack-a-mole, Feb 14, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2016
    Double post for some reason

2. Ill definitely head over to her thread buddy

Thx man I really appreciate that!

CALI'S CORNER
    Thx mole!

CALI'S CORNER

3. Looking killer, brother! .5 gpw ain't bad for a single little LED

4. Appreciate that crankz!

CALI'S CORNER

5. What do you guys think about the droooopyness of my plant? Not looking well at all ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1455458552.058929.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1455458584.176345.jpg

6. You have a lot going on. Over/under fed... Nutrient lock... Way too high and low in swings of temp and humidity. In the one pic I see low of 16% high of 56% thats a huge jump. Temp looks to range greater than 10degrees in swings as well.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. The leaves appear burnt on the tips and look to be canoeing as well.

8. So what should I do flush it out would that hurt it if it's over waterd it's been like two days since I waterd and last time I waterd I was in a rush and didn't oh test the water so that might be it but idk

9. If its over watered you dont want to add more regardless of the other problems. If shes over watered it can throw off the mediums ph and that could be where your lock is derived. If you wait till she actually needs water, feed her a phed pure heavy feeding. Test your run off as soon as you finish and after it tapers off a bit. If you cant actually test your medium thats the only way to tell. If you're in soil feed about every 4-5 days but always do the knuckle check. If your run offs ph is in range then its noy locked due to that. You hold your answers in that case. How much nutes and at what ppm.... Did you recently change anything?

10. I just got fox farms trio nutes so I fed with that for the first time about a week ago if that

11. How much did you feed them, and at what ph? If you went from no nutes to a strong feeding thats the burn.

12. I put 1 table spoon of of grow big and extra strength
    At 6.1 ph

13. Whoa... A tablespoon? As in 15ml? I very rarely go over 10ml at full feeding once acclimated. First feeding 5ml tops.

14. That's how much is says to do so that's my bad I geuss for following what it says

15. This is the feeding schedule. Its in tsp.
    1tsp=5ml
    1tbs=15ml
    The grow big can easily burn a plant. Its the only nonorganic mix for this line of ff. Its easy to do. No worries. We all learn at some point. Think of her as yourself. If you drink liquor, you didnt start out drinking a bottle per sitting. You had a low tolerance so you eased into it or at the least it took way less to do the job. Same for the plant. She may handle a full 15ml once she gets used to it.

[​IMG]

16. Okay but is that what that looks like because my other plant looked similar but I waterd and it looked better this one looks kinda bad tho is she a goner or what should I do ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1455474953.904303.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1455474964.935308.jpg

17. Theyre tough. If treated she'll bounce back and live. The question is is has there been enough or prolonged stress that will turn her herm once flowered, or force a male. Too little water is just as bad as too much water. Too little they not only will starve, but the roots will begin to dry which will lead to structure damage, overall poor health, and eventually death.
    Too much water and you're basically choking the plant by slowing if not completely blocking oxygen saturation. Over watering can also throw ph balances way out of wack.
    Best way to tell besides weight is the knuckle test. Stick your finger in the soil about 3-4in away from the stalk down to your middle knuckle. Feel moisture, let it ride.
    A common problem is lack of or too little of drain holes as well. This causes the bottom few inches to remain water logged while the top 3/4 over dries. It can not only cause root rot, but it throws the biology of the plant way off, and you'll see big green algee growth in the bottom of your pot

18. What ph do you feed at? And what is the ph of your run off?

19. I try to feed at around 6 and I haven't tested run off for a little while