Plan your work; Work your plan.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by ladyluckybean, Sep 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I donate to collectives and I have yet to go as far as Azamax on any plants. I've used some spinosad, neem, green cure and organocide - which I hate the smell of. I've tried a few other essential oils - freebies from the grow store... with less success. I certainly enjoyed your info drop on combining and making your own spray btw... You must have some hella mites where you're at. I'll count myself lucky there... my enemy is PM. So I can empathize with your pain and frustration. I was hoping the low humidity of the winter months would help break the pests persistent pressure on my garden. Part of my problem is I'm growing some Harle Tsu, and that plant has almost no THC, which I understand is the plants pesticide defence... Anyway, I swear they're PM magnets! This will be my last grow with these ladies, I think... too much work!

Sucks about your other thread too! I saw you post about that some time ago... I hope things start looking up for you soon!

~GHG~

• Like Like x 1
  2. #2962 stoned-trout, Feb 13, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2016
    I feel bad for all of you...I don't really have any garden issues..knock on wood...I have made hot and garlic sprays in the past along with hella strong nicotine sprays...damn I better spray today just in case as I might jinx myself....yeehaw..out door plants in 2 litres flowering ...keeping best male and making another generation of seeds...I love the taste and high from this strain but never have worked it ..just kept making seeds...its a bit stretchy and low yielding ..but the high is energetic and its so tasty...black domina x bubble berry....all other seedlings recovering well from topping and if all clones take I will transplant soon and flower em ...

3. I love Harle Tsu!! Tasty she is!! I grew her my first round. The grower who worked at the hydro store swore that high cbd strains were mite magnets. I think it's about environment and the level of microbiology your soil is getting like compost quality. Premium compost will be very active and when the fungi are active, lichens start to form and that produces lipids. These lipids will form a barrier of shiny on your leaves. This barrier protects the plant from mold spores that are always in the air.

Compost and worm poo folks. It's everything and it's fucking amazing. It's gawd damn beautiful. It's like driving up to Niagra falls or seeing something so majestic like the aurora borealis northern lights. Goosebumps. Passion isn't even close to an accurate description.

4. I really only had issues with the caterpillars in the buds and the Powdery Mildew for several years.. When I expanded the veg space the white flies moved in with a vengeance and it's been a constant battle that's only gotten worse with my prolonged absences and crowded conditions in the shed..
    Once I harvest the current yard plants next week the 15 big veggers will move out and things will get back on a more even track..
    I've got the usual band of jumping spiders in the shed but I'm guessing the white flies are not on their menu..
    Spinosad in alternation with Neem oil has knocked them down when I'm here enough days in a row to really put a crimp on them..

[​IMG]
    Even with dropping plant numbers I overshot and got to far ahead in my fear of falling behind.. Likely I'll scrap the 3x3 inch cups and start over as they just to far gone.. Weeks of low light has them spindly and not my best work..
    If we can stay put a few days this coming week I want to get my worms ordered up.. Put that off way to long..
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  5. I have discount codes for uncle Jim's worm farm.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Is uncle jims a good source? I keep hearing about them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  7. They are well known but very expensive. You can call your local county extension and ask if they can get you worms or if they have a place they can recommend. That's the master gardeners program. They may have their own phone number or email. They told me that most of their members have worm farms and give free worms away to other members. Maybe they would give some away for free to promote composting? Tell them another MRC said it was worth asking.

• Like Like x 1
  8. The chicken manure is very good however it is hot. I do not top with chicken compost. When I use this I let it mellow with the rest of my mix for at least thirty days. It is an excellent addition to any soil.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sorry didn't realize I was so far behind lol.....

• Like Like x 1
  11. </blockquote>
    Sounds like an excellent plan

• Like Like x 1
  12. Heard alot of back n forth on FFOF but the stuff they've had in me area has always been real nice for me

13. It's just the type of compost they use for their mix. It's not made with food scraps or manures but instead made of sawdust and probably yard waste. The compost you got though will really help make FFOF work better. Maybe planting in the ground still gives you access to microbiology because of what's naturally in the earths soil? I dunno.

14. Don't take it wrong FFOF is a fairly good product and for about a month does quite well.. It's a nice fluffy blend that drains well.. However most of it's power is a good soaking in fish Hydrolysate and once that wears off your stuck with a soil designed for constant additions of chemical bottle nutes..
    Been there and used that.. Got really old buying and lugging buckets of goo around the yard.. One grow and I knew I had to find a different way..
    Alfalfa and chicken manure was my recharge on the 20 bags of FFOF I originally started with.. Was enough that the 2nd grow was almost as good as the first but cost a fraction and tasted so much better.. Next I ran down the ecoscraps compost and never looked back.. It just got better, cheaper and simpler as I went..
    This re-amend included things like Neem Meal and Crab Shell meal I haven't had access to before and everybody is stunning this round..

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  15. Did you ever figure out what was wrong with your buddies plant? Was it leaf hoppers?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Chicken poo is very well rounded for fertilizer. Has most things. Kelp has everything. Neem has a lot more fertilizer than I realized.

17. Some Pretty Flowers for my Lady

Happy Valentines Day.....

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. @STIGGYPOPS that's pretty cute. Thank you! I'm gonna be working today instead of going to market.

Guy who was bringing my stuff for Thai sticks broke his fibula and ankle early last week I guess. He isn't going to get to it for a while now. The X-ray looks BAD. Broke all over.

So, I'm frustrated and I might just try the rosin which means I'm going to have to build a press just so I can squeeze. Don't want to build anything. Might as well go buy it.

Those dry sift joint "papers" that pressed flat turn kinda clear like don't they?

Ugh

19. dingus pointed out a simple tool to me for rosin using a hair straightener.... It's simply a quick grip clamp, lemme grab the link

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.