Winding up to harvest...questions on flushing, dry out, dark period

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by pipperz, Sep 13, 2015.

1. based on how my trichs and hairs are looking, i am figuring end of the month for a chop...

my plant is all green and lovely, nothing is yellowing up yet...and i have used almost no nutes throughout...also, she is only in a 1 gal bucket outside...

questions:

• is flushing even necessary for her?
    • we have had an intense amount of rain the last few days, so she has def been flushed already through that...if i do not have to flush any further, should i feed again before now and end of month? (using all natural products for feeds)
    • if i should flush, should i consider this heavy rain flush the last few days as the beginning of my flush period and just continue with spring water daily?
    • should i let her dry out the last few days, flush or not, before i chop?
    • should i give her a dark period before chopping?...

2. I take it this was soil! What type of soil did u use?

3. i used the same soil mix i use in my vegetable garden, which was not optimum for a weed grow...too dense...

1/3 Miracle Gro garden soil, 1/3 top soil, 1/3 organic hummus, w/ some castings and coffee grounds mixed in

4. Nice, glad ya plants made it thus far. I had to ask cuz makin it to harvest with no nutes thats a first ive read i know others do it by makin a batch of super soil or some type of all organic soil set up. My bad i cant answe ya question im far from a successful grower i guess u can say im workin on it tho.

5. Seems like there's nothing to flush

6. if shes been outside and your pot has drain holes and its been raining and its a 1 gal. than ya your good on not needing to flush, honestly rain water is the best water to flush with. no additives just pure H20 that created the earth. hahaha sorry [​IMG] if that sounded hippie. but use your spring water and wait for them leaves to show some yellow than check the trichs. but let her soil dry up before you chop. not bone dry but IMO the wetter the soil the more water that comes out the leaves when trimming and that = chlorophyll. the whole 24 darkness is up to you again IMO. i've tried it but i never noticed a difference but thats not to say somebody els hasn't.