Cannabis breeders info dump thread

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by Zombie1, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Subbed shits great

2. I took this sour pez up to 5 gallon pot im collecting now.. A couple of my later plants outdoor will get a couple branches dusted,, Indoor I just flipped sour diesel gg4 casey jones sour pez and sour lsd, all getting hit with sour pez.. and I plan to start testing these right away,, one of the main projects my partner and I decided on was a backcross project to our ajs cut sour diesel.. Ive got quite a few crosses going and a couple from close partners to see whats gonna line up and let all the diesel thru.. once I get a sour stud from the sour project, I plan on implimating the afghan so Im pheno hunting and crossing afghans and sours chems and skunks.. so im gonna have some good things coming off while im working to my sour afghan zombie style =)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. #43 Lumperfan, Sep 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2015
    Man, sounds killer. I have a collection of pez dispensers, candy junky as a kid. Does the sour pez have that pez smell/taste?

4. its got a skunky sour nose.. lemondrop candy undertones..

5. Nomnomnomnomnomnom

6. afghanalien
    [​IMG]
    buddhas delight.. musta been cacoons in the castings I used see the worms..
    [​IMG]
    44d my homie hit his romulin cross to our sourd..
    [​IMG]
    afghan hound this is a lemon alien cross..
    [​IMG]
    chemdawg special reserve x pure kush
    [​IMG]
    Jamaican
    [​IMG]
    cheese x bluedream x alien
    [​IMG]

7. grape ape x cdsr x pk
    [​IMG]
    stardawg f2
    [​IMG]
    lemon sour diesel x strawberry sour diesel
    [​IMG]
    grapestomperalien
    [​IMG]

8. Killer thread Zombie! Some great info dumps wow. I've got lots to read and thanks for the PDF's. I have big plans for organized pollen chucking projects in the future. :D

I love researching genetics and lineages as well. In fact I've spent way more time researching breeders and lineages and strains than I have how to grow. One reason being I live in a region of Canada where clone only cuts are simply not available, all growers are on the super down low. Sadly there's so many clone strains I'd love to try which will simply never happen. The closest I'll ever get is a S1 and I don't really fuck with fems. I'm stuck on reg seed until Canada legalizes nationwide, then maybe I can acquire legit cuts. I like to think of it as though the cannabis culture is still in pre school. So if I want any kind of strain I heard or read about back in the 90's or any of these cool new flavor of the month strains I have to do it from seed and put research into which breeders are legit and which are bullshit. Safe to say there's only a few I really fuck with.

Subbed in to this fo sho.

9. I have a small preservation project started with a very limited release(33 packs) I got to test for Bodhi using a 1980 afghan cut as the mother. I have ~100 f2's which I made from the pollen from the 2 best males and hit all the ladies with it. I also have a pack of the original f1's which I was gifted from Bodhi after succesfully testing. That should give me a good start to work with.

10. damn! well stick around if ya can id love to see what you got going..

11. Thanks man I'll dig up some pictures here in a bit.

Looks like you have a nice bank of genetics to play with. :D legit asshole joe cut? fuck I'm jealous. I'm tellin ya I've done my research. [​IMG]

12. Bro I saw that Med-Man has some sour crosses as well as a west coast sour d in seed ...... Check email out if interested

13. ajs cut is so dank that's the backbone of the whole deal..

I'll check it out cab thanks homie..

14. You hip to bulbous trichomes? They are teeny tiny little trichomes(different than capitate stalked) that are present all over the plant. Buds and fan leaves, but only some plants produce them in a large numbers. I've noticed them on a few individuals I've grown out previously. I've also often contemplated if these little trichomes are the major difference between the flower high vs concentrate high. While extracted through solvents they won't be extracted or separated through mechanical separation. I believe these are what makes the difference of a stany vegger vs an odorless vegger but I can't say for sure.

It looks like your seedling is covered with them already although it's hard to tell on the photo. This is a trait which I'd love to explore simply for juicing vegged plants and the treatment of gastrointestinal disorders. I feel like this is something that shouldn't be ignored and really really needs to be explored and possibly bred for. Anyways just an interesting idea I had. Thought I'd share.

Heres's some examples.

Next Generation Romulan Diesel I grew out which displayed a lot of bublous trichomes on the flowers(as do most)

002.JPG

And a Greenpoint Seeds (I know.. I know.. [​IMG]) seedling which displayed these bulbous trichomes very early.
    010.JPG 010.JPG

And a Bodhi Seeds plant entering flowering displaying on sun leaves.
    004.JPG

15. #55 NumeroUno, Sep 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2015
    good pics

16. very nice brother urb yes I was commenting on those in my other group yesterday..

17. I don't like femmed seeds either they aren't true genetics..

18. #58 Brother Urb, Sep 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2015
    The main reason I don't like fem seeds is because I like to let the pollen fly. I don't fully understand the science behind it but from what I understand an S1 only contains ~75% of the genetic profile of the parent(no new males chromosomes introduced). No good for breeding/chucking imo.

Also clone only cuts are elite INDIVIDUALS. That is why they are clone only. I can't stress the individual word any more. They are super unique and super special specimen usually selected from a large pool. My research tells me S1's will have a little bit of variation and will never be an exact copy of the parent. So imo it's pointless.

I'm also a firm believer that Fem seeds are made mostly for the purpose market control. GHS for example. It's simply strain lockdown. They don't want the male pollen available to the public. To me, that's bullshit. I understand they have their uses in regards to micro growing and plant counts and whatnot but when it all boils down that's not what it's about. There's absolutely nothing wrong with growing and smoking from fem seed.... except for supporting the people with ulterior motives which aren't so transparent to the casual personal grower who doesn't give a fuck about anything other than a cool name and smoking some herb at the end of the process. I'll never hate on someone for growing and smoking from fem seed. To each their own I just have no interest in it myself.

Who knows I could be wrong but the amount of time I have spent into researching strains and genetics I have come to form my opinions about the whole seed game. It is what it is.

19. #59 NumeroUno, Sep 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2015
    micro pics look kool

20. shit , dont ban me from the thread Z man lol