Minnesota Growers Unite

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Derrack420, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Hello fellow growers,

I have seen so many other states having their own page so I thought it's time to represent Minnesota. I'm currently on my 2nd grow. My first grow got ruined right before flowering, but I've upgraded from CFLs to a Marshydro 300w. I have 3 blueberry kush seeds that have just sprouted in the paper towel today so I put in soil. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1441223677.001996.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1441223730.120254.jpg

Looking forward to see what my fellow growers from Minnesota have to show

2. #3 Phezisica, Sep 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2015

Hey Derrack, I just saw this today. Yes, there are other growers in the Great State of Minnesota! Been growing since the late '90s, can't remember exactly when. Anyway, I just moved up to a 2 room grow... Veg. room is 7' x 10' with 42" x 120" grow space. I have 7 CFLs on 1 end for the new plants and 2 - 400W MH for the rest. Flower room is 8' x 12' with 48" x 144" grow space lighted by 3 - 600W HPS. Currently growing BC God Bud, White Widow and Sonic's Kalischnapple x Pure Gooey. I use coco and perlite 50/50 with AN 'nutes. Run a perpetual harvest set-up, with 2-3 plants in/out each week. Included picture of each room, not up to capacity in flower yet, but will be soon! I am not the most computer literate person in the world, as I did not grow up with them (way old school), but I try. Good to hear from you. What you got going on? Will be checking back for more Minnesota growers! SKOL! Vikings! Phezisica
    DSC_0003 (2).JPG

DSC_0010.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nice Phezisica. Looks like the set up you got going on will produce lots:) I'm actually pretty new to growing. Definitely have done my research and such, just not much actual growing experience. My first grow got ruined right when I switched the plants to flowering so that's as far as I've gotten so far. But all 3 of my new little guys have sprouted and are looking good so far.

4. Some of the best weed I've ever grown was in my 1st few grows. That was when I "didn't know squat" about growing. Just watch your plants and they will let you know what they like. What happened on your 1st grow? Sorry to here you lost it. Hang in there, if I can figure it out, anybody can...LOL!

5. Lol it was a crazy. My ex first tipped them all over and took them out of the pots. Then she started a huge fight so the cops showed up she was trying to tell them about the plants but they thought she was crazy, but I got paranoid and thought they might come back or something so I threw them out

6. Great Idea for a thread Derrack .....Im just getting back into growing. Had 2 kids and man they take alot of your free time [​IMG]

Just popped 3 fuckin incredible seeds under a 400watt MH .....I will post pics of my grow cab when I get a chance!!

7. Hey Luke. I hear you loud and clear on the kids. I waited 15 years to get back to growing. When they got in college I built a divided 1 room grow. Last spring I built a new Veg. room and took the partition out of the original room and made it 100% flower. I thought I had plenty of space, but I was wrong! I used ALL the new area and am going to be destroying 4 - 22" plants that I just don't have room for. Switched from soil to Coco/perlite 50/50, added 3 - 600W HPS, switched to AN nutes and I have never had better looking plants. I'm going to have to run less, but larger, plants. Good to hear from other Minnesota growers. I personally do not know any other growers from Minn. Good luck on your grow. Phezisica
    SKOL Vikings!
    DSC_0003 (2).JPG Veg. room
    DSC_0007 (3).JPG Flower room

8. WOW Phezisica !!! You definitely have a nice setup .....Destroying 4 plants is always a bummer but I know it would be better than crowding your room and hurting the overall yield. I have been reading alot of good reviews for AN nutes....which ones are you using specifically (if you dont mind me asking) ??

Im more of a Wild fan myself ....Love Hockey

9. Wow man arent you afraid of getting caught? I mean its not legal here but tell me arent you worried about helecopters detecting heat? Or electricity looking suspicuous? Maybe you can tell me and itll get my paranoia down for my own grow. And also thank you for bringing Grade A bud into this state. Much appreciation man

11. WELL, I AM NOW! Just kidding. I am always concerned, but not scared. I keep a low profile, do not have a criminal record of any kind, have been employed full time all my life (most important, IMO), don't have neighbors and have had a high electric bill for 20+ years. I haven't even had a moving violation driving for over 15 years. Don't worry about helicopters, your BIGGEST<span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"> concern is the "friends" that know about your grow. Only tell those you can ABSOLUTELY trust and you will sleep well at night. Also, I am not a commercial grower, I only sell about an oz. a week. The rest is for my wife and I, my kids (what kind of MONSTER AM I , ANYWAY?!<span class="redactor-invisible-space">) and friends. Also, if caught, I plan to request a jury trial and we'll see if a jury of my peers would convict me. I have no record, put 2 daughters through college, worked full time for 38 years. Don't think they will be able to paint me as a "bad hombre"! Hope not anyway. Well, now I AM stressed out. Time to roll up a little God bud and soothe my nerves. Good luck in everything. Phezisica</span></span>
    <span class="redactor-invisible-space"><span class="redactor-invisible-space"><span class="redactor-invisible-space"></span></span></span>
    <span class="redactor-invisible-space"><span class="redactor-invisible-space"><span class="redactor-invisible-space">SKOL! VIKINGS!</span></span></span>

• Like Like x 1
  12. I'm using the 3 part, Grow, Mirco, Bloom. Could not be more impressed. Used GH 3 part for 18 years. No more. I absolutely love both the Vikings and the Wild. Played hockey in college about a million years ago, LOL! I'll ALWAYS miss the North Stars, though. Phezisica
    SKOL! VIKINGS!

13. Sorry about being late on these posts. The rut is nearing full swing and I'll be in a tree as much as possible starting around next Monday. "It's the most wonderful time of the year!" Hope to get a big one. Phezisica
    SKOL! VIKINGS!
    DSC_0844.JPG Last years'

14. What's a deer like that weigh in Minnesota? I'm further south and have heard our deer don't pack on the pounds like they do up North.

15. Damn Phez that's a nice buck ....was that this year or previous ? .....I have spent the last 3 weekends at our cabin getting the stands ready and scouting .......seems to me the rut is definitely strong since I noticed a couple new scrapes I hadn't noticed before ......thanks for your thoughts on nutrients ......I have got to change out of my FF grow and bloom nutes and AN seems to get the best reviews

Good luck hunting !!!

16. Here is the 3 effin incredible at about 14 days old under 400w MH at the moment .......I have another unused cab that I plan on using for a mother and cloning to get a perpetual harvest .......wish me luck !! Lol

Attached Files:

17. #18 Phezisica, Oct 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
    I did not weigh this buck... I suppose it was around 200# dressed. My buddy shot an 8 point last year that weighed 268# dressed. I'm not set up to weigh them. Shot this one Nov.5, 2014. Had this same buck less than 5 yds. away the previous season, but it was too dark when he got close enough. I have not hunted yet this year. Will start as soon as the wind is right for one of my stands. I try to stay out of my stands until the rut is in full swing, which is Oct.25 - Nov.10, give or take, where I hunt. I love cannabis, but it cost me the biggest buck I've ever seen. That is a different story, but suffice to say I have not smoked weed in my tree for the last 30 years! LOL! Got my hands on 5 strains from Gooeybreeder... I'm super pumped about that. He is a dedicated breeder and has great genetics! Will pop some seeds when I'm done hunting. Best of luck in everything you do... Phezisica

18. #19 Phezisica, Oct 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
    I'm sorry, I forgot. SKOL! VIKINGS!

19. That's fucking huge! It don't take to many of those to fill a freezer [​IMG]. I guess they do get much heavier up North, here you are damn lucky to get something 200# un-dressed, the racks are comparable just not the overall size of the deer.