Best suited autoflower outdoors?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by ilikeyourbuds, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Hey guys I have been looking around and doing a lot of research and can't seem to make up my mind. I'm looking to plant some outdoor autos next season and want to go ahead and start ordering some seeds now. This will be a guerrilla grow and so being stealthy is a must so photoperiod plants I feel aren't the best option for me.

I want to try and keep the plants short but still produce as large of a yield possible. I have been looking at nirvana's short Ryder. Does anyone have any experience growing this strain outdoors? I know it won't yield much but I'm hoping to plant a decent amount scattered around to make up for the low yield with numbers. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

2. I grew some Short Rider over the summer. If you look at the Western Washington/Oregon outdoor growers thread, you will see my photos and comments.

It is exactly what Nirvana describes on their website. I got about 4 ounces from 3 plants, growing in premium soil under conditions that were close to ideal, but with basic techniques, no cropping or training of the plants.

It was easy and fast, and the plants stayed under 2 feet. I think it probably would be a good choice for stealth growing.

In terms of quality, it's skunk weed, with a strong buzz that hangs in there. I'm satisfied.

3. Thanks for the reply Charlie! I think with yields like that I might be better off just using regular photo plants and maybe just doing a couple spread out. I might do a couple short Ryder too just for fun.

4. Don't waste your time

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. With the auto flowers in general you mean?

6. Yeah .Just get a short flowering photo plant. Stronger , better yeild. Autos are too hit and miss.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. Awesome thanks for the replies! Big help!